Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Placheta Called up to the Poland national team! (again)

Perhaps going away with his national team might give him some confidence (think there is a good player in there) otbc

10 minutes ago, Hucks6 said:

Perhaps going away with his national team might give him some confidence (think there is a good player in there) otbc

Indeed- Unlike some I do rate him, just think he needs to work on his shooting and quick thinking, good at getting goal scoring chances but often panics when he gets to the box.

17 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Indeed- Unlike some I do rate him, just think he needs to work on his shooting and quick thinking, good at getting goal scoring chances but often panics when he gets to the box.

He is a good, there a proper player in there, he definitely panics, his touch appears heavy  and also his decision making can be flakey.  I guess he will go out on loan if we are promoted.  

If you watch him play for Poland you see a totally different player. He is very highly rated and tore Holland apart recently. But they play a totally different way to us and what we ask him to do is totally unnatural to him. I really can't see him staying which is a shame. 

13 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

If you watch him play for Poland you see a totally different player. He is very highly rated and tore Holland apart recently. But they play a totally different way to us and what we ask him to do is totally unnatural to him. I really can't see him staying which is a shame. 

'cant see him staying'

I mean, we bought him for around five million on a four year deal.. He's not going anywhere

26 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

He is highly rated by Farke and the coaching team. Possibly a loan but nothing more happening,  won't be leaving permanently. 

40 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I think a lot of it is down to other teams sitting deep, deep and even deeper in the Champs. I think he can do a Cantwell and look mediocre in the Championship as an inexperienced player at this level, people think he needs a loan, then it clicked into gear and he blossoms.

Certainly isn't an attitude problem. Przemek's clearly trying very hard - I think if anything he's trying too hard.

I think if Placheta could just bag some goals he would be a tremendous asset.

Maybe he's so dam quick once he gets to the 18 yard area his heads gone. Just look at a Greyhound if it manages to actually grab that fake rabbit "mental"

He's got an asset that can be a weapon at any level.

Give him time, it wasn't long ago he was in the lower leagues in Poland. He's moved clubs almost every year, according to that recent article.

5 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

'cant see him staying'

I mean, we bought him for around five million on a four year deal.. He's not going anywhere

No way he was £5m. More like £2m

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

He is here for a reason - form the club's point of view he has the raw materials and the character to improve and develop.  Farkeball is a bit more involved than just tearing into opponents - and coming to Norwich, he will have known that he will need to adapt and learn more about becoming a complete player. One to look out for as he develops.

13 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Perhaps given time he will adapt to our way of playing, to living and playing in a new country. It doesn’t happen overnight. He will have been thoroughly scouted and Farke and his team have the ability to improve players through coaching. 

Like any signing there is a chance it won’t work out but let’s not write him off after seven months. 

Kozlowski is the one to watch in that squad.

17 year old and a lot of people in Poland are very excited about him. Lewandowski level excited. I'd love him to find his way onto Webber's radar whilst he's still playing in Poland and we could afford him.

Made his first team debut at 15 and plays like a combination of Wessi and Maddison. Very technically gifted, takes player on, carries the ball, great vision and loves a long range goal.

This is his first full international call up.

59 minutes ago, kick it off said:

17 year old and a lot of people in Poland are very excited about him. Lewandowski level excited. I'd love him to find his way onto Webber's radar whilst he's still playing in Poland and we could afford him.

Made his first team debut at 15 and plays like a combination of Wessi and Maddison. Very technically gifted, takes player on, carries the ball, great vision and loves a long range goal.

I think Brexit takes that off the table?

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Why yes, Brexit means it's illegal to buy foreign players now 😉

Clubs are now unable to sign foreign players under the age of 18.

Trying to sound clever worked out really well for you.

9 minutes ago, kirku said:

Clubs are now unable to sign foreign players under the age of 18.

Trying to sound clever worked out really well for you.

Given he turns 18 before the transfer window opens

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

2 hours ago, kick it off said:

My cousin says he's the best since Deyna which is praise indeed for a Pole. I suspect he will go to Bayern in the summer 

7 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

My cousin says he's the best since Deyna which is praise indeed for a Pole. I suspect he will go to Bayern in the summer 

That IS praise. That was one heck of a Poland team in the 70s. I'd accept that the Hungarian side around Puskas was the best team never to win the World Cup, but that Poland side had quality right through.

10 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Talk about pressure, he's 17!

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Not that this specific case is what my point was.

However, he would not qualify for a work permit based on his age (until he turns 18 in mid October) and even then he will not have picked up enough appearences to get 15 points for his work permit.

Try again?

44 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

He's certainly got that level of hype around him. Whether he hits the heights remains to be seen, but in terms of potential, he could be truly world class.

5 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Gone quiet?

20210306_143522.jpg

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You sound like a 30 year old single mother on facebook

Interesting response to being caught out talking absolute crap.

Do you often get outwitted by 30 year old single mothers on Facebook as well?

Edited by kirku
  • Haha 2

Any discussion on this young man coming to England is pretty much a waste of time. This one is special and the Bundesliga has first choice, particularly Bayern where Lewa has a lot of influence. And of course Poland and Germany are both in the EU.