Sign in to follow this  
Cornwall Canaryfan

Can we go undefeated in final 12 games?

Chris Lakey quoted Brentford manager Thomas Frank as saying that we could go all 12 remaining games undefeated.

I don't see why we can't. After all we demonstrated remarkable consistency in last seasons run-in so why shouldn't we again?

Seriously, I would hope for at least 6 wins & 4 draws &, on current form,  would not put money against us doing even better than that.

I think it'd be pretty special if we did manage that, rarely do you see a side dominant the champs quite like the Man City's / Liverpool's have done in the prem in recent years. 

But with Cantwell back soon, Buendia and Pukki scoring and linking up as well as they ever have - McLean and Skipp arguably the best centre midfield pairing I've seen in my lifetime and a very solid defence to rely upon it does definitely feel possible. So if we can maintain all of that then why not?

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler

1 minute ago, alex_ncfc said:

We can but I don't think we will. 

I think we will, we are Norwich after all

Of the remaining 12 there may be a couple of banana skins.  Watford and Bournemouth at home however given our home form these could be wins. Away there seems only one fixture to an on form team and that is Barnsley as game is penultimate fixture perhaps Barnsley pursuit of play off  might be over.  The remaining fixtures are against clubs in poor form.  Unbeaten over final 12 a distinct possibility given our form.  Can we win all of them why not, only doubts are unavailabilty for Emi or Pukki.  If they stay fit 109 points a target to aim for.  

Making such outlandish suggestions before the Luton game might appear silly at 5.00 pm tomorrow.

One game at a time. Anything is possible. I'd say we're about as likely to win every game as we are to miss out on promotion. You'll get some pretty good odds if you want to place the bet as an accumulator.

• Like 1

Of course we could, but I’m just happy to see us win another 7 for promotion, that’ll do for me.

It would be some achievement if we did, the way we are playing right now it is certainly possible, with players coming back to fitness to improve the squad as well. 

That being said, like Farke, I'd rather we keep grounded and just concentrate on the next goal, which is beating Luton 

I don’t think we’ll go unbeaten for the remainder of the season or reach 100pts as we’ve still got some challenging fixtures left. I’ll be more than happy with another 6 or 7 wins though to take our point tally to over 90 which should seal automatic promotion for us

56 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

Yeah beating Luton is the main focus at the moment, and we definitely owe them one.

Agreed. One game at a time as they say, and the best way to go undefeated is to win the next one.

A potential banana skin tomorrow, we must ensure there is no hangover and continue doing what we are good at. Don't get ahead of ourselves, don't get sloppy.

German efficiency!

3 hours ago, Cornwall Canaryfan said:

Chris Lakey quoted Brentford manager Thomas Frank as saying that we could go all 12 remaining games undefeated.

I don't see why we can't. After all we demonstrated remarkable consistency in last seasons run-in so why shouldn't we again?

Seriously, I would hope for at least 6 wins & 4 draws &, on current form,  would not put money against us doing even better than that.

I'd just be glad to beat Luton at the moment. One game at a time 

I think once we win the league, we might see some changes and that is when we will be beaten. But at the moment we look better than at any time during the season.

With Todd back in place of Onel I think we look as trong as we possibly can be.

6 hours ago, Cornwall Canaryfan said:

Could we? Yes, Brentford went 21 unbeaten so that would make us 18 unbeaten with 6 wins already.

Brentford also lost 3 in a row so that's possible for us too 

Right now all I care about is beating Luton

18 hours ago, Indy said:

Of course we could, but I’m just happy to see us win another 7 for promotion, that’ll do for me.

6 wins and a draw will do it. 90 points will probably be more than enough. 88 will probably do it.

11 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Luxurious

To be fair Duncan, it's a big step up from Kenilworth Road😉

1 hour ago, It's Character Forming said:

Kiss Of death - guaranteed to lose today now...

"After the lord mayors show" spring to mind.