Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Nyland/Mumba/Stiepermann/Martin playing for under 23's today

Surprised Stiepi didn't take the pen as well, but I guess that means Martin is ready for the first team!

Do you really think Stiepermann will ever be a full first team player again?

I saw him last Sunday, he was sitting in his front garden vaping away.

Has Stiepermann got a doppelganger a Stiepi lookalike was on the bench against Brentford.  Or was it Marco?

Rowe makes it two!

36 minutes ago, Shannock1956 said:

Do you really think Stiepermann will ever be a full first team player again?

I saw him last Sunday, he was sitting in his front garden vaping away.

Not really, Vrancic and Dowell taken his place.

rowe.png

Farke clearly wants Stiepi back in the fold, he's been talking about him a lot in the pressers. 

Stiepi is very welcome to vape away on a Sunday afternoon in his front garden if its his day off, he's a human being as well as a footballer

1 hour ago, pete said:

Has Stiepermann got a doppelganger a Stiepi lookalike was on the bench against Brentford.  Or was it Marco?

Domogalla

1 hour ago, pete said:

I keep thinking that. Reckon it's one of the coaching staff.

5 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

MS will be a valuable asset over the last dozen games, gives us something at number ten that others don’t. 

If he regains his form from two season ago no reason he should not be first team. We really have struggled with a proper number 10 for some time, he's the only one (when he's playing well) that can hold that role down.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Marco has got his shooting boots, Mario has lost his.  I can see Marco getting back on bench for Sheff Wed.  And a starting place soon after.  It might have to wait until promotion secured but certainly a future for Marco.  Still under contracted for next season.  Looks to be over his illness and Farke trusts him.  PL player perhaps not but maybe, better option than Dowell.  

41 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

If he regains his form from two season ago no reason he should not be first team. We really have struggled with a proper number 10 for some time, he's the only one (when he's playing well) that can hold that role down.

Cracking video that, shows what he can add on his comeback - and certainly what we've missed from a number 10 at times this season. Weighed in with some very crucial goals and assists last time, and his passing, especially through balls to Pukki are sublime. Looking forward to him coming back into contention 

• Like 1

How weird is it seeing Max wearing #37 though?!

2 minutes ago, AJ said:

How weird is it seeing Max wearing #37 though?!

Hopefully he will be wearing the number 2 for England sometime soon 😉

One thing that's always confused me is Pukki having the number 22- Drmic had 20 and Hugil has the number 9!

I always thought Stiepi suffered in the Premiership (and by extension, Pukki) from our losing so many centre-halves as when you're a midfielder you're caught between a rock and a hard place. As we decided to play in a low block, Stiepi ended up being either more exposed if he was further forward, or ineffective in attack when further back.

Another thing with Epstein-Barr, we don't know how long he's been wrestling with the effects of it. If you compare the Stiepermann that helped stuff Leeds at Elland Road his ability to either hold balls up, awkwardly but strongly dribble at folk, and even put the odd spiteful foot in was a world apart from his more anaemic performances in the Prem and also at the start of this season.

Not saying that he will surprise us, but I just wouldn't be ruling him out yet. We do need someone who can hit a long-range skidder and both he and Dowell have that in the locker, which makes us harder to defend against as it means we're not just walking it in.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AJ said:

Cracking video that, shows what he can add on his comeback - and certainly what we've missed from a number 10 at times this season. Weighed in with some very crucial goals and assists last time, and his passing, especially through balls to Pukki are sublime. Looking forward to him coming back into contention 

That video was the Pukki & Hernandez show! Oh, and Stiepi of course.