Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Sam McCallum's Got an Impressively Long One....

Coventry fans aren’t really rating him this season. Obviously that opinion could be tainted now he’s no longer their player. 

Would Norwich sell him if they could get near enough the transfer fee back? 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

Sad really, he is young and clearly has so much talent but Farke seems to not rate him.

Nevermind how when he comes back we have both Giannoulis and Quintillà who are no doubt both ahead of him in the pecking order.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

21 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Sad really, he is young and clearly has so much talent but Farke seems to not rate him.

Nevermind how when he comes back we have both Giannoulis and Quintillà who are no doubt both ahead of him in the pecking order.

Don't think Quintilla's going to be bought to be honest. Wouldn't be entirely surprised if we just bought Giannoulis and kept McCallum as back-up, knowing Sorensen can do a job there if we really need to.

47 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

St Andrews is now the Trillion Trophy Stadium? 😁

careful FF, Tilly will read that as (St) Trinian's and you'll set him off again!  not sure that's a good thing, given the thread title!  

Its full title is St. Andrew's Trillion Trophy Stadium and has been since 2018.   

Edited by Greavsy

34 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Quintilla isn't happening, is the word on the street. Apparently the purchase option relied on several criteria being fulfilled and Norwich are miles away from reaching those targets, so it isn't going to happen. Dimi was bought in to be the no1 RB. Norwich also have the potential of Byram returning who can cover if required. McCallum is young, only 20/21, so plenty of time for him to develop yet

There was an extensive interview with McCallum in The Athletic recently. He admitted to feeling out of his depth here. I very much doubt we'll be bringing him back for the Premier League 

I think people are being a tad harsh on McCallum here. He's only played a few seasons of pro football and they sent him out on loan for him to gain a bit more experience. He's been pretty much an ever present at left-wing back for Coventry this season, keeping Wolves' Ryan Giles out of his preferred position.

3.5 million is one of our more expensive signings (pre Gibson and Giannoulis) and they wouldn't have spent so much on someone they didn't rate him.

1 hour ago, AJ said:

Quintilla isn't happening, is the word on the street. Apparently the purchase option relied on several criteria being fulfilled and Norwich are miles away from reaching those targets, so it isn't going to happen. Dimi was bought in to be the no1 RB. Norwich also have the potential of Byram returning who can cover if required. McCallum is young, only 20/21, so plenty of time for him to develop yet

Hope you meant LB not RB as I'm fairly sure Aarons is our No.1 RB 😬

12 minutes ago, Yellow and Green said:

I think people are being a tad harsh on McCallum here. He's only played a few seasons of pro football and they sent him out on loan for him to gain a bit more experience. He's been pretty much an ever present at left-wing back for Coventry this season, keeping Wolves' Ryan Giles out of his preferred position.

3.5 million is one of our more expensive signings (pre Gibson and Giannoulis) and they wouldn't have spent so much on someone they didn't rate him.

I agree, I watched all championship highlights on the sky app and he's been involved in a lot of the good stuff that Cov have done.

Clearly it's highlights but I haven't seen that many goals that they have conceded being down to him.

58 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Yes I do, brain want rogue there! 

Hope he is better than that Brentford player on Wednesday all throws fell short of goal area and were of little concern to our defence. 

25 minutes ago, pete said:

Hope he is better than that Brentford player on Wednesday all throws fell short of goal area and were of little concern to our defence. 

I disagree. They were dangerous and, although we defended them well, were probably Brentford's best chance of causing us problems.

2 hours ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Aarons is our number one rightback until he leaves (which he will as Delia has confirmed) at which point I'm sure Mumba will be his replacement

2 hours ago, Petriix said:

I disagree. They were dangerous and, although we defended them well, were probably Brentford's best chance of causing us problems.

Yep, all it would have taken was for one of them to get a flick on and the ball is dropping in the danger zone, fortunately  we have learnt to defend ......at this level  anyway  .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Dr Panti Bliss-Cabrera on Twitter: "Good Dolly but those outfits don't  leave much to the imagination. http://t.co/RjGAXwr6vk"

These lads will give anyone a run for their money based on the thread title.

You never fail to disappoint. Although sometimes I wish you did! 

I reckon another season out on loan. We don’t need to rush him. That said given his age he could be back up LB and not need to be part of our 25 next season

On 05/03/2021 at 15:16, TIL 1010 said:

Dr Panti Bliss-Cabrera on Twitter: "Good Dolly but those outfits don't  leave much to the imagination. http://t.co/RjGAXwr6vk"

These lads will give anyone a run for their money based on the thread title.

What do you mean Til? I don't get it 🤷‍♂️ Looks like a very successful GB relay team to me.

7 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

What do you mean Til? I don't get it 🤷‍♂️ Looks like a very successful GB relay team to me.

It's all about the baton. 

• Haha 1

Er, getting back on track, as it were, I was wondering about this, because many teams nowadays seem to have a long-thrower, and the only one I can remember for us was the sadly departed Graham Paddon.