jonnyace1

Luton predictions

The only team to beat city twice this season but both times it was on their crap ground and we had a dozen injuries. I’ve been looking forward to getting some revenge which is why Saturday I believe will be the day we finally hit top gear. 

Feeling very optimistic. Norwich 5 Luton 0

10 minutes ago, jonnyace1 said:

The only team to beat city twice this season but both times it was on their crap ground and we had a dozen injuries. I’ve been looking forward to getting some revenge which is why Saturday I believe will be the day we finally hit top gear. 

Feeling very optimistic. Norwich 5 Luton 0

Some have been predicting a big walloping win for many matches. 

A stopped clock is right twice a day.

Yes - I think it will be Luton on Saturday.

• Like 1

I like your style Jonny Ace. I've been wondering whether at some point all our missed opportunities will come right in one game. We should have scored 4 or 5 on a few occasions with really high quality openings but have fluffed our lines. I'd love to beat Luton because of their general sh1thousery at their place. Let's hope we give them a good going over.

Edited by sonyc

37 minutes ago, jonnyace1 said:

but both times it was on their crap ground

And oh my word what a crap ground it is.

I had the misfortune to be working in Luton last week, and drove past the dump, you could be excused for thinking it was derelict.

And yes, a big win for us!

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Our bogey team who we have not beaten for 14 years.

Happy with a draw.

I think you post the biggest load of $hite on here. If you’re not proclaiming that other teams are the best in the league rather than us you’re settling for a draw at home to a mid table team under some made up delusion that they are our bogey team!

madness utter madness. 

• Like 1

Will Luton do a league double over us this season ?..........Highly, highly unlikely.

5 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Our bogey team who we have not beaten for 14 years.

Happy with a draw.

That’s largely because we’ve only played them a handful of times. The two games so far this season were a joke - 15 players away/out in august and 11-12 injured in the autumn....those will have no bearing come the weekend for us, though I guess they may give Luton a boost.

It’s definitely one we ought to win, we’re on a run of 6 wins and have just beaten the side many had all-but crowned champions only a couple of weeks ago - but football does have a habit of biting us on the bum.

Edited by Branston Pickle

I'm predicting a scrappy park the bus, Derby at home type bo!!ocks. They haven't got Wayne Rooney on free kicks though so we should break them down eventually. Plus Emi is on a mission and I don't think he will allow anything other than a win 

January 2013 

Premiership side Norwich City beaten 1-0 by non league side Luton Town

Remember it well with England’s No1striker in our team

There were 11 young players for Luton

And none of them are high falutin

On ****housery they relied

When they last beat our side 

This time well give em a right tootin'

4-1 city!

• Like 2

Another 3-1 win. We lost last time because of chronic injuries and we weren’t playing well. This will be a different kettle of fish. We won’t get bullied like last time.

After Wednesday, I feel the mental side of things may take another turn for the positive. 

At the end of the Brentford game, we started knocking the ball around in a fashion that the Oles would have come from a crowd that would have seen it. I think we may see a more fluid performance, in terms of one touch football and hope that Luton will be chasing shadows.

Btw, this isn't a criticism of how we have played previously to get to the top of the League (!) , but a belief that we will take it up another gear as the margin at the top (and Wednesday's result) will allow the players to express themselves even more than before. It's been building but this could a game to take our performances to another level . 

Or Luton could beat us........................

It will be 'same old, same old'. Farke will not be wanting to undo the very good work from Wednesday. It will be our usual patient, possession based approach. A professional 2-0, possibly 2-1 with a little of nerves/lack of concentration.

7 hours ago, daly said:

January 2013 

Premiership side Norwich City beaten 1-0 by non league side Luton Town

Remember it well with England’s No1striker in our team

Never forget- And it'snot even like we had that bad of a team out

team.png

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

15 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

Some have been predicting a big walloping win for many matches. 

A stopped clock is right twice a day.

Yes - I think it will be Luton on Saturday.

I feel like that too. One of these days someone is going to take an absolute hiding 

The form we're in should see us blow them away. I'm expecting a win.

However, I'm also well aware that Luton seem to be 'that team' for us this year, and often in football a huge performance and win like Brentford leads to an unexpected stumble straight after. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see that stumble- all the same expecting the win though.

Won't be easy. Luton have been defensively pretty adept this season and play to their strengths. We're generally a lot more put-together as a team than we were at the start of the season when we had so many out, and this is also an advantage of the relatively late substitutes Farke's done - he's got a team to gel well.

Luton will certainly fight and make it hard work, I can see it being a fairly even first half where we dominate possession but not to too much effect in the first half, but it begins to open up more in the second. 2-0 or 2-1.