Sign in to follow this  

New poster! 

Does anyone think/believe/hope that possibly a sitti, sinani, sotto could be the link IF we get promoted and the players who maybe off do go (aarons, cantwells, skipp, buendia). Or are thier transfers a bit baffling......

Some of the stuff you read on here.....

These are young and exciting prospects. Why, for you, are the only options:

1. Replace our star performers by the start of next season.

Or

2. Transfers are baffling.

Edited by Flying Dutchman
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, RugbyCanary said:

New poster! 

Does anyone think/believe/hope that possibly a sitti, sinani, sotto could be the link IF we get promoted and the players who maybe off do go (aarons, cantwells, skipp, buendia). Or are thier transfers a bit baffling......

I'd suggest its more likely those 3 will be back out on loan next season but that doesn't make the transfers baffling. 

Soto is clearly a talent but he needs experience at a higher level and Sinani was always a low cost punt. Sitti I was expecting to be involved this season which shows how much I know.

I do think IF the four stated do go. Squad will be short for a concerted or push. So, it was an ask of do we think that any of the loanees could fill a buendia sized gap or..... trust in the webber darker transfer of a player(s) to come in. Or stick with squad. They baffle me in as such, we've outlayed for these players. Surely gotta give them a try??

22 minutes ago, RugbyCanary said:

I do think IF the four stated do go. Squad will be short for a concerted or push. So, it was an ask of do we think that any of the loanees could fill a buendia sized gap or..... trust in the webber darker transfer of a player(s) to come in. Or stick with squad. They baffle me in as such, we've outlayed for these players. Surely gotta give them a try??

I'm not sure we have outlaid for these players actually. As far as I know we picked Sitti, Sinani and Soto up when their contracts with other clubs ended so we didn't pay any transfer fees for them at least. 

Sitti and Soto have both played for our U23s recently so in my book that is 'giving them a try'. Sinani has of course been playing (sometimes) while on loan. 

Edited by Thirsty Lizard

22 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

Some of the stuff you read on here.....

These are young and exciting prospects. Why, for you, are the only options:

1. Replace our star performers by the start of next season.

Or

2. Transfers are baffling.

Why Animosity to a new poster who has an opinion? Just my wandering mind

• Like 2

Absolutely give the youngsters a chance to come through. They haven't this season because we need the experienced players to get us up, but once up, if we get there, get them involved as soon as possible.  An experienced defence with Hanley/Gibson/Giannoulis and one more (to buy in, or Mumba given hius chance).  An experienced midfield with Mclean and Sorensen )who is absolute quality as we have seen and imo a shoe in if/when Skipp goes back to Spurs).

That leaves a front four who will need to be pacy, lively and confident - and that is where the likes of Soto and Idah can show they can play a part alongside Pukki and Cantwell (who may well stay on if we are promoted).

As is always the case, opportunity comes from adversity. None of the young players are going to break into the team unless the incumbent gets injured, loses form, is sold or their contract runs out.

They are likely to be given a fair crack at breaking through in preseason but are unlikely to be ready to jump straight into the Premier League. Josh Martin was given plenty of game time last season when relegation was inevitable, but he didn't exactly pull up any trees.

It might be that the club is slightly too successful too soon for them to have the opportunity to break through. We're therefore likely to send them out on loan, unless one of them stands out enough in training to force the issue.

• Like 1

And if we do send them out on loan, they cost us nothing. If they don’t make the grade with us, we sell them, at minimum we break even, but in all likelihood make a profit. That’s why their purchase isn’t baffling.

Sometimes a team can progress quicker than some of the players, and particularly with young players. Well-chosen loans will play a big part. I'm actually wondering if Adshead is looking decent in the middle of the park out there in the Netherlands. Hondermarck doesn't seem to be doing too much at Harrogate at the moment.

I'd say the following need a loan: Mumba, Martin, Barden, one of Soto or Idah, and one of Famewo or Omobamidele. I suspect Sinani was signed up as a punt if Buendia had been the subject of an offer they could not refuse as he seemed a bit surprised to be out on loan.

The good news for the young players is they won’t count towards the 25 man squad in the premier league. It also means we can go in with plenty of back up with the likes of Idah, Mumba, Martin, McCallum as spares in the squad.

More likely is these players need to show they can pull up trees at a lower level on loan. The perfect comparisons are Godfrey at Shrewsbury and Cantwell in Holland.

21 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Sometimes a team can progress quicker than some of the players, and particularly with young players. Well-chosen loans will play a big part. I'm actually wondering if Adshead is looking decent in the middle of the park out there in the Netherlands. Hondermarck doesn't seem to be doing too much at Harrogate at the moment.

I'd say the following need a loan: Mumba, Martin, Barden, one of Soto or Idah, and one of Famewo or Omobamidele. I suspect Sinani was signed up as a punt if Buendia had been the subject of an offer they could not refuse as he seemed a bit surprised to be out on loan.

I think Famewo will be in the squad next season as back up CB

• Like 1