Sign in to follow this  
jaberry2

Moving to Norfolk

11 hours ago, Barbe bleu said:

I would suggest anywhere in the Cuffley, Cheshunt, Cockfosters golden triangle 

You can't move for Tottenham and Arsenal players. Like a swarm of wasps.

On 04/03/2021 at 15:14, jaberry2 said:

Caistor looks nice mate. Thanks all for input and appreciated.

I imagine that where I will be getting a job - Norwich, so I dont really mind where im located in Norfolk providing its commutable. 

Don't confuse Caister on Sea with Caistor St Edmunds. Avoid the one near the seaside. A recent study by a Dutch University found that there will be a beach at Acle in 50 years time unless something is done about rising sea levels so if you're young take that into account and always look at the flood map before you even bother to look at anything. 

Now the NDR is open it's much quicker to get to North Norfolk from south of the city. Have a look at Mulbarton which has everything you need and good road links to the A11. 

• Like 2

On 07/03/2021 at 06:07, horsefly said:

You just can't help yourself can you. If you have nothing useful to say why don't you keep your gammon gob shut you sour pipsqueak. And try reading what J actually says instead of making up lies about his intentions. I suggest you stop leeching money from the tax-payer to subsidise your staff's poverty pay rates, and stop exploiting NHS resources for your company's profits, before you start criticising people on furlough.

Jaberry, I have no doubt you will be welcomed wherever you eventually end up, Norfolk people are typically a warm bunch and very unlike this buffoon. Good luck with your search.

Thanks and noted. I spend a lot of time in Norfolk already, so the people are lovely and generally much warmer than round my neck of the woods. Just craving a bit more space and refreshing chance. Thanks all for your comments and suggestions. Most welcome

14 hours ago, Barbe bleu said:

I would suggest anywhere in the Cuffley, Cheshunt, Cockfosters golden triangle 

Cuffley, couldnt be in Golden Triangle 😉

27 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Don't confuse Caister on Sea with Caistor St Edmunds. Avoid the one near the seaside. A recent study by a Dutch University found that there will be a beach at Acle in 50 years time unless something is done about rising sea levels so if you're young take that into account and always look at the flood map before you even bother to look at anything. 

Now the NDR is open it's much quicker to get to North Norfolk from south of the city. Have a look at Mulbarton which has everything you need and good road links to the A11. 

I think anywhere East of Norwich is just too high a flood risk for me personally. Thanks all the for suggestion. Will take a nose at Mulbarton

1 hour ago, jaberry2 said:

I think anywhere East of Norwich is just too high a flood risk for me personally. Thanks all the for suggestion. Will take a nose at Mulbarton

The pub is awful but other than that it's a nice enough place to live

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Duly noted 🙂

9 hours ago, NFN FC said:

Jaberry2 are you Oliver Skipp? 🤞🙏

If he is, I have a room he can have rent free while he's searching for a house.

Diss could be a good choice. That way if the “lot down there” recover and City nose dive, you’ll be able to nip down to Portaloo Rd pretty darn quick.

On 08/03/2021 at 10:36, dylanisabaddog said:

Back in the day before breathalysers there was a well known pub crawl along the B1113 from the Swardeston Dog to Tacolneston Pelican, via Mulbarton World's End and Wreningham Bird in Hand.  Anyone still standing would then make their way to Banham Cider House . . . 

1 hour ago, benchwarmer said:

Back in the day before breathalysers there was a well known pub crawl along the B1113 from the Swardeston Dog to Tacolneston Pelican, via Mulbarton World's End and Wreningham Bird in Hand.  Anyone still standing would then make their way to Banham Cider House . . . 

Pop back in the World's End if you want to relive your youth. Still has the same carpets and furniture.