Sign in to follow this  
Ward 3

Best loan signing?

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

Harry Kane

You know what I mean 😂

It's clearly either Hucks or Skipp. As we made Hucks permanent on Boxing Day, I'm going to discount him as he was (and still is!!!) "ours", I therefore choose Skipp. 

Undeniably Huckerby because he lit up the whole club and pretty much forced a cash stricken club to find the money from somewhere to make the move permanent. That said, Skipp is a VERY close second!

• Like 1

Gibson has transformed the defence this season. So much more solid and assured with him in the side. Another leader in the side too

• Like 3

Really difficult to compare, but Hucks really kick-started things so has to nick it from Skipp - though of course he was technically only with us on loan for 3-4months before signing permanently. Skipp has a fantastic work rate and despite supporters rating him, I think he is still probably undervalued by many as his isn’t a ‘sexy’ role..

Can't believe we've got this deep into the thread and nobody has mentioned Ulf Ottoson or Elvis Hammond yet. Shocker.

9 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Can't believe we've got this deep into the thread and nobody has mentioned Ulf Ottoson or Elvis Hammond yet. Shocker.

Hammond was different gravy

As much as Skipp has been utterly immense this season, he's a long way off Hucks for best ever loan signing. 

1 hour ago, Ward 3 said:

Hammond was different gravy

Don't forget Kevin Lisbie and Omar Koroma.  Blimey, the 2000s was a depressing time for ****e on-loan strikers.

Edited by Orly

Got to be Hucks. We had the meanest defence in the league the season before, in terms of goals conceded. We were crying out for a player or couple of players that could add the goals to that which would turn us from mid table to play-off challenging.

Along came Huckerby and Crouch. We were transformed. Huckerby also pips most other loans I think purely for telling his agent to go do one as he wanted to stay and play for us, even if he could get more money elsewhere. Everything about it was something as if from a myth. A player telling his agent where to go? Turning down more money and higher level football?

You couldn't imagine it now.

I doubt Skipp will do that come the summer.