Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Best team in the league 🏆

Never in doubt for me, but a very entertaining game, and I think in fairness they should have had a penalty, but let’s be honest - Brentford were 2nd best all over the pitch, and that’s being very generous indeed. God knows what would have happened had Cantwell played tonight, but that was a fully deserved 3 points which now puts us well in the driving seat for another league title.

How good was Buendia tonight?! Time after time he dazzled, from the goal itself, the tracking back and perfectly timed tackles, to the incredible through ball to Pukki just before half time - in fact I lost count of how many flicks and tricks he pulled off tonight, if Brentford didn’t know what they were up against before the game then they certainly know now. He was unplayable.

Well done lads, solid performance and on to Luton! OTBC!

• Like 1

Not a pen, and IMO no way it would have been given by var had we had it.  I was disappointed how much the commentators went on about it, as it would have been horrendously soft.  

I think we have the best all round team and deploy the best all round tactics.

Totally unflappable tonight. Everyone knew their job and executed to near perfection. It was 'near' because we should have scored more than one. Always in control and created the best chances as well. Our best performance of the season in lots of ways.

Huge credit to Daniel Farke, a seriously impressive coach and an absolute masterclass from him tonight, as it has been most of the season.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Not a pen, and IMO no way it would have been given by var had we had it.  I was disappointed how much the commentators went on about it, as it would have been horrendously soft.  

It's a form of dive we're beginning to see more of recently. Mbeumo saw that he didn't have a cat in hell's chance of getting to the ball before Krul, so threw himself down looking for a penalty. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I think we have the best all round team and deploy the best all round tactics.

Totally unflappable tonight. Everyone knew their job and executed to near perfection. It was 'near' because we should have scored more than one. Always in control and created the best chances as well. Our best performance of the season in lots of ways.

Huge credit to Daniel Farke, a seriously impressive coach and an absolute masterclass from him tonight, as it has been most of the season.

Somebody said German efficiency yesterday. Thats exactly what happened. Bee's despatched.

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Well,they did want us to lose (especially Goodman  *) .............Brentford are,after all,the new Darlings of the media,taking over from B'**** 🙄

* expect Merson was probably p*ssed off as well 🥳

Had a nose on the Brentford forum, and most of their fans don't think it was a penalty. Many of them were actually far more complementary about Norwich performance than many on here. Mind you, I think we often praise the quality of a side that has just beaten us as it makes defeat easier to bear.

27 more points and we are guaranteed promotion even if the other three win sll their remaining games. Personally, 6 wins and s draw from the last 12 games should do it.

Best team in the league all season Alex.

I think we'd have got the 4-0 if it wasn't for their keeper who was their MOM.

And Toney spent the game in Big Grant's pocket so I'm claiming a clean sweep.

Looks like beloved Brentford are now jilted Brentford too🙃💛💚👍💪

Yep, I’ve watched a replay of what I thought was a penalty, the first one involving Hanley, which I originally based judgement made on the spot, and having seen it back, it looks completely different from the other angle. So agreed folks, no penalty indeed! 

To be fair, the Brentford fans have been very gracious on the whole about it reading their forum. Only a couple of them are making desperate excuses, but that was a pretty complete performance tonight and what pleases me most is how much better we look as an all round unit compared to the past couple of seasons. There is no reason why with a couple of new additions this summer (and hopefully retaining Skipp on loan), and some luck on the injury front, we cannot make a real fist of at least staying up next season if we are promoted as looks increasingly very likely indeed.

20 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Best team in the league all season Alex.

I think we'd have got the 4-0 if it wasn't for their keeper who was their MOM.

And Toney spent the game in Big Grant's pocket so I'm claiming a clean sweep.

Looks like beloved Brentford are now jilted Brentford too🙃💛💚👍💪

Yep, always have been the best team in the league this season buddy! Was never in doubt for me, but it seems some needed winning over! Although pleased with the clean sheet, the 4-1 would have been nice as I pumped that tenner on in the hope of a win for the PUP’s but today it wasn’t to be unfortunately. I know some called that prediction unrealistic but if ever there was a 4-1 game, then that really was it! And good call on Hanley - he’s having an absolutely magnificent season in my opinion, can’t fault him, he just makes the art of defending look effortless and makes the right decision time after time after time again! I thought the one spell he was actually fit last season he looked very accomplished in the Premier League, and I think if we can keep him fit for the majority of next season then he’ll prove just that again. As suspected, I think Toney’s goals have clouded people’s judgement of Brentford as an all round team. Their defence really isn’t anything special at all, and as discussed, I think they can think themselves lucky that that didn’t end up an embarrassing scoreline for them. And all without Todd : ). Great night mate, this is what it’s all about! OTBC!

Edited by Alex Moss

Brilliant night Alex. Just gutted that we're not there to see it.

Good to see you posting too. Are you completely recovered now?

Someone has to point out a negative. Namely that once again a Buendia corner was so bad it led to a dangerous counter-attack. Can someone one explain why he takes the corners when not only is he really bad at it but in any event he ought to be lurking on the edge of the penalty area to pick up half-clearances and the like.

What are those charts called where you can see the league position progress over the season by a team? I can't find them online anywhere! Just curious how long we've been top for this season and if it's more-so (so far) than 2 years ago.

Simple, City schooled them tonight; better in every aspect of the game. 

I know some of our fans get rather anxious at the way we play out from the back, but God knows what Bees fans experience when watching their lot try the same. I can only assume West London resuscitation units are put on high alert when the Bees are playing.

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

Shouldn’t have been a pen, wasn’t given, would have been incredibly soft if it had of been given, but we’ve seen them given, and sadly I think VAR would have given it...

The table doesn't lie. We've still got a job to finish though!