Sign in to follow this  
Kenny Foggo

Kenny

Great performance from many, Kenny really put a shift in though, superb.

This thread robably won't go down well with many. And I will never understand why he is so unfashionable.

Absolutely brilliant. He showcased what great technical ability he has tonight in all areas of his game. I just want to buy him a bottle of Mad Dog 20/20 right now

His dribbling and speed of thought with snappy passing / generally bouncing off Buendia has been top notch of late. Covered back fantastically well too. Really puts it all in for the team. 

If he keeps the form of this season up then no reason he can't continue to be a regular starter for us next season in the prem*. Think he may surprise a few. 

*deliberately omitted the 'if we get promoted' line at the end of that sentence after tonight 😄 

• Like 1

Absolutely brilliant. I’ve been critical in the past when he’s asked to do more with the ball, but he was his absolute best tonight and deserves MOTM. 

I'm eating humble pie.  He really did exactly what was required tonight.  Well done Kenny.  Please keep it up.  But, but, but why didn't you show this form earlier?

• Like 1

McLean and Hanley are both players at their absolute peak who have worked their socks off to maximize the talent they have. They deserve huge respect and appreciation. At current levels they are Premier League players, full stop.

To think people have been advocating him to be dropped, despite his good form and the fact we've been winning games, is just baffling to me. I genuinely don't know why some (the minority admittedly) see him as the weak link. Tonight is the exact reason why he should be in this side, along with Skipp he dominated the midfield. Magnificent performance from a player having a brilliant season.

Edited by Pukki Blinders
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Pukki Blinders said:

To think people have been advocating him to be dropped, despite his good form and the fact we've been winning games, is just baffling to me. I genuinely don't know why some (the minority admittedly) see him as the weak link. Tonight is the exact reason why he should be in this side, along with Skipp he dominated the midfield. Magnificent performance from a player having a brilliant season.

Agreed - those posters know nothing about football and just rush to biased judgements. I went to Goodison Park last season when we won 2-0. McLean played a more advanced role almost supporting Pukki as a second striker. He was outstanding. He is top draw in the air for a midfield player and can play in a variety of positions with intelligence. I would be genuinely concerned in the summer if a club came in with a decent offer that we felt unable to reject. He would be seriously missed.     

• Like 2

He's been getting better and better. He has been guilty in the past of lacking a bit of composure and the odd lapse in concentration. He's now really stringing all the attributes together. The way he links the defence and attack is fantastic and the positional discipline has really improved. Top notch performance tonight.

He's keeping a very good player out in Rupp right now. McLean always looked like he had more of a brain fart in him than Rupp did, but he is the most balanced midfielder we've got. Rupp might be a shade quicker, but McLean's far better in the air, a more dominating physical specimen, and a bit feistier too.

He's a beneficiary of the strong competition for places right now, and it's making him push it. Fair play to him for taking his chance.

I've been a huge critic of Kenny, particularly at the end of last season. Didn't see what he brought to the table, jack of all trades, master of none etc etc.

He has been bloody brilliant for several months now, and was exceptional tonight.

Well and truly eating my words. 

I sincerely hope he can take this form to the Prem this time round.

• Like 2

Kenny was excellent tonight. Reads the game very well and so often in the right place at the right time, especially breaking the play up.

Has done everything asked of him and more.

Lots of other great performances too; Hanley, Skipp, Emi in particular,