Sign in to follow this  
CanaryLegend

Emi Buendia

Deserves his own thread tonight. Wow, apart from goal his passing and work rate. Unreal - most talented player we have ever had. Enjoy him whilst he is here.

Really hope we hold on to him for one more year. I think he will keep us in the Prem and double his value.

47 minutes ago, CanaryLegend said:

Deserves his own thread tonight. Wow, apart from goal his passing and work rate. Unreal - most talented player we have ever had. Enjoy him whilst he is here.

Fantastic goal and that subsequent ball through to Pukki (who never looked like scoring incidentally) was the sort that MOTD would salivate over if a 'world class player' at a 'massive club' had done that!

'Most talented player ever?' - maybe but Peters and Hoolahan would be strong contenders for that particular crown. 

3 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Fantastic goal and that subsequent ball through to Pukki (who never looked like scoring incidentally) was the sort that MOTD would salivate over if a 'world class player' at a 'massive club' had done that!

'Most talented player ever?' - maybe but Peters and Hoolahan would be strong contenders for that particular crown. 

I love Wesley but he's not even in top 5. Emi is comfortably better than him.

Emi is oustanding, what I like best about him is that he's also a chewy little f*cker and wants to get the ball back.  Not just all flair like Hucks was, puts in a shift and chases, harries and kicks people. Love him.

• Like 1

I think we have to be very realistic and accept that Buendia and Aarons have almost certainly been told "get us up and you can move". Doesn't mean it's 100% going to happen, but there's no way the club would stand in their way if that is the case.

1 hour ago, CanaryLegend said:

Unreal - most talented player we have ever had. 

Yup.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

I love Wesley but he's not even in top 5. Emi is comfortably better than him.

Emi is oustanding, what I like best about him is that he's also a chewy little f*cker and wants to get the ball back.  Not just all flair like Hucks was, puts in a shift and chases, harries and kicks people. Love him.

Emi consistently effects the game far more than Wes did . He was absolutely brilliant again tonight . Work rate , touch , pictures , the lot . Outstanding . 

• Like 1

Emi...or...Wes?

Who would you choose?

Emi for me. All round he edges it. And I like the expression 'chewy little fu**er' too.

Edited by Drazen Muzinic
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CanaryLegend said:

could well be a 10/10 performance you don't see that very often

17 minutes ago, Mr.Carrow said:

I think we have to be very realistic and accept that Buendia and Aarons have almost certainly been told "get us up and you can move". Doesn't mean it's 100% going to happen, but there's no way the club would stand in their way if that is the case.

I don't think that's the case at all. They are both under contract at Norwich and both will command an excessive transfer fee. I honestly don't think anyone will stump up the money we want for them.

How quickly people forget Matty Pattison and Lee Crofts😂

I will wait for the clever retort.

Edited by keelansgrandad

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

We've been trying to, but you're not helping.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I forgot Pattison almost as quickly as he drove on the bypass to Colney in his pants.

(Fatty Matty was in his pants, not Colney)

5 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

It's me, Patt-ey? 😉

(Sorry, Tetts!)

If we go up offer him 100k a week to make him stay pleassssseeeeee. Never gonna happen but optimism is key 

1 minute ago, Ward 3 said:

If we go up offer him 100k a week to make him stay pleassssseeeeee. Never gonna happen but optimism is key 

Not a bad idea. As long as we are in the Prem, offer him 5mil a year. It would cost a lot more to sign plus wages for  a replacement for  Emi. If we get relegated, he'd want to move on anyway. 

Seen a lot of players over the years, but this guy is the best.The real deal, delivers when it matters, if Teemu had his shooting boots on he would have had 2 more assists tonight..................... complete class act and a totally nice guy too  🙂

• Like 1

What a player he is. There are so few players who can ghost past opposition like he does and some of his passes are sublime. He's just great to watch. I will be gutted if/when we lose him.

46 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I don't think that's the case at all. They are both under contract at Norwich and both will command an excessive transfer fee. I honestly don't think anyone will stump up the money we want for them.

Lovely thought but wishful thinking. They are too good to be playing for us and will want to win things. Also there’s the small matter of a commensurate wage that we haven’t a hope in hell of paying.

They won’t be here next season.

If we receive an offers for them that are respectful to both the club and the players I feel we are obligated to let them have the opportunity to discuss the potential moves. This is a serious consequence of the self-sustaining model. If high potential youngsters can see that we provide a pathway to the top and don’t put roadblocks in the path of their progression to the highest levels we will continue to have such players come through the ranks. Without them and the high transfer fees such players can command the club’s finances become more restricted.

1 hour ago, All the Germans said:

I love Wesley but he's not even in top 5.

GTF OUT!

Wes, the player Maddison aspired to be when he played for us... the most successful playmaker we have had in the premier league since the early '90's? Doesn't make your top 5?

I think that pretty much rules you out of any future punditry jobs... 

2 minutes ago, chicken said:

GTF OUT!

Wes, the player Maddison aspired to be when he played for us... the most successful playmaker we have had in the premier league since the early '90's? Doesn't make your top 5?

I think that pretty much rules you out of any future punditry jobs... 

My aspirations of football punditry dissipated a long time ago. Maddison and Emi are both comfortably better than Wesley.

Even in the 'barren years', I'd say Bellamy, Eadie, Hucks, Maddison and Emi are all - easily - better than Wesley (off the top of my head. There are probably more).

That's not saying that Wes wasnt't brilliant for us; he was. 

Sky stats said he laid on 7 key passes tonight alone. Shameful we didn't score more, Pukki should have at least scored one of his two one on ones (both sent through by Emi of course)

The big difference this season is that Buendia really feels like a matchwinner in the same way as Maddison or Grealish. My complaint about him last season was for someone with such good stats he didn’t do enough to affect the result. That’s all changed this season as he’s not only added more goals to his game but he seems to have more influence on games than before.

I don’t know if we can keep him if we fo up but I’d like to think that a factor will be if we can show him (and Aarons and others) that we can match their ambition by investing properly to make a serious attempt at staying up this time.

7 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

My aspirations of football punditry dissipated a long time ago. Maddison and Emi are both comfortably better than Wesley.

Even in the 'barren years', I'd say Bellamy, Eadie, Hucks, Maddison and Emi are all - easily - better than Wesley (off the top of my head. There are probably more).

That's not saying that Wes wasnt't brilliant for us; he was. 

Bellamy and Eadie were my late teenage heroes. As much as I liked Eadie, I'm not sure I can say with that conviction that he was as good as Huckerby. He was more of a pacier Cantwell but more of a natural winger, very much in the same vein as Ruel Fox down the right. I don't know if he lifted the team in the same way. He didn't quite have the same pace or the trickery of Huckerby.

Equally, I'm not convinced that whilst playing for us, Maddison quite grew the consistency of influence on a game as Hoolahan did in his pomp with Holt and others about him.

Hoolahan had that little spark about him. There was a level of unpredictability. He could make something out of absolutely nothing. I think Buendia, if we are looking for similar players, probably has the most in common with Hoolahan out of the lot.

Bellamy and Huckerby were goal getters more than playmakers. They had skill and ability but it's different to Hoolahan and Buendia. The only thing that seems to have prevented Hoolahan getting that big move was the era that he was in his prime and goals. If he had scored more, he would have gone places. His assists were never in doubt and I think often out-assisted a number of players in top divisions in his time with us.

"Easily" is disrespectful IMHO. And some players have been overegged a bit. I think it says a lot when you have had the likes of Maddison, Eadie and Huckerby all say how good Hoolahan is, some admitting he is better than they were and Maddison saying that he learned a lot from Hoolahan during his time with us, which really equated to one season.