Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Brentford*****

That is an absolute masterclass in game management. Lost track of the amount of times Brentford passed the ball out of play - we broke them tonight lads.

PS. Brentford's attack was a bit toothless wasn't it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Totally strangled Brentford. Composed and dominating performance.

Brentford were poor because they were not allowed to play @ Don Goodman!

Very proud of the boys. We showed why we are top. 

Don't you love a 1-0!

• Like 2

GEEERRRTTTCCCHHHHAAAA!! Well done City, fantastic result.👏👏👏

Never a pen for me, I don’t get why ‘our’ commentators seem to go on about it quite so much  when decisions go our way.  Var wouldn’t have given it.

Did anyone seriously feel like we were playing our closest contenders for the title tonight?

A couple of hairy moments at the end aside - which were always likely when they throw everyone forward and lump it up - we never at all looked threatened after going 1-0 up. 

In fact that was one of the most comfortable times we've seen out a 1 goal lead this season!

Just a shame we didn't get that extra goal or two we deserved. 

We are a class above this league right now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Downloads said:

Kenny was fab

Yep people who doubt the Mayor’s inclusion always baffle me, he was immense tonight.

2 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I read somewhere that Brentford haven't lost to any top six side this season.

Put that right tonight ?

We did! 🙂 

1 minute ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Did anyone seriously feel like we were playing our closest contenders for the title tonight?

A couple of hairy moments at the end aside - which were always likely when they throw everyone forward and lump it up - we never at all looked threatened after going 1-0 up. 

In fact that was one of the most comfortable times we've seen out a 1 goal lead this season!

Just a shame we didn't get that extra goal or two we deserved. 

We are a class above this league right now.

Think Swansea have more of a shout for autos 

I think Kenny McLean was brilliant. I've never really rated him ill hold my hands up to that too but I believe Skipp is helping him get better. Great win. Otbc 

I thought that was a really good performance. Calm, possession, shape and all that was missing was the killer second goal.

Great piece of coaching from DF. Keep the full backs reined in and keep your shape.

Well done all concerned.

Now lets hope Stoke do us a favour.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Brentford were poor because they were not allowed to play @ Don Goodman

This.

Such poor commentary. All about Brentford’s failings as though they’re Man City and lowly Norwich scraped a lucky win.

We thoroughly deserved it

• Like 1

Ivan who? Not a sniff all night- in the defences pocket. No more champions league winners for Brentford .  They were dominated 

• Like 1

2.1 PPG. Too good for this league. Cracking performance tonight, Pukki needs to find his shooting boots as he could have had a hat trick tonight but Emi was superb, Kenny played well, Skipp was his usual composed self, the 2 CBs were immense...

Just a great result, clean sheet against the most potent attack in the league (in terms of goals scored) and now 10 pts clear. Excellent all round.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

Waits for Cambridgeshire Canarys imminent spin off thread.....

Too long out of the limelight.

Did not have to wait long. Classic Cambridgeshire haha.

Tell you what, having a look at the Griffin Park Grapevine forum, and must say, their fans are impressively level-headed about it. Pretty much accepted the better team won on the whole.

Fair play to 'em. To be fair, they've always struck me as a thoroughly reasonable bunch on the whole.

Great result and absolutely dominated. If Pukki had have been anywhere near his usual form we would have won by quite a margin. On another day he could have easily bagged a hat trick. Going forwards into next season back in the PL we must be far more clinical than this to stand any chance.