Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Brentford*****

3 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Yep people who doubt the Mayor’s inclusion always baffle me, he was immense tonight.

He was my man of the match , great performance , emi and Hanley also great, shame we did not score a second to make it more comfortable , onel was poor tonite he's needs to step it up.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

When he and Skipp leaves is gonna be awful

lock him up until he signs a 20 year deal. He can have Happisburgh Lighthouse as part of the deal

Excellent performance and if I hadn’t known Brentford were 2nd , I’d never have guessed. Which is credit to City - stopped them creating. Shame we didn’t take our chances, could have thumped them.

• Like 1

Immense performance, they didn't really trouble us (Canos fluff aside) and we could've easily had another 2 goals at least if we had our shooting boots on. 

Also it's incredible how much better defensively we are this time around Hanley and Gibson have be outstanding as our two main CB's and it contributes to our better all round play compared to last time in the division, sure we were more potent in attack but nearly every game we were guaranteed to concede at least once and I can only take so many of those! 

I think we are in a better position to have a go at the Premiership next season if we can just take some of these chances more consistently.

Anyways that's enough from me onwards and upwards!

Edit- Of course I almost forgot about Skipp, his screening of the defence has been vital as well this season, I really hope we can get him in on another loan next season if we go up.

Edited by robertociNCFC

Can we genuinely just sign over half of the Norfolk land to Buendia in exchange for his god like football skills for another 10 years? Save the other half for Skipp

• Like 1

Just watched and re-watched their chance right at the end there and though I’m not complaining and though sorenson comfortably cleared it struggling to see how the ref has given a free kick to us on that one.

Just now, Coneys Knee said:

Just watched and re-watched their chance right at the end there and though I’m not complaining and though sorenson comfortably cleared it struggling to see how the ref has given a free kick to us on that one.

Sssh, don't tell 'em Pike

19 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Did anyone seriously feel like we were playing our closest contenders for the title tonight?

A couple of hairy moments at the end aside - which were always likely when they throw everyone forward and lump it up - we never at all looked threatened after going 1-0 up. 

In fact that was one of the most comfortable times we've seen out a 1 goal lead this season!

Just a shame we didn't get that extra goal or two we deserved. 

We are a class above this league right now.

They gave us fewer problems than almost any other side we've played. Our organisation was awesome, but their forward play was completely non-existent after the Canos miss. They completely choked.

1 minute ago, Coneys Knee said:

One of their players gave a very clear push.

Professional and solid performance against a decent side. Job done a well done to all the players.

1 minute ago, Coneys Knee said:

Agree. However, there's at least five of those per game, every game. The ref randomly decides on a foul when there really wasn't. 

Grant Hanley, Ben Gibson, Ollie Skipp and Kenny McLean, absolute f*cking titans. Won't see a better defensive performance in the Championship this season.

One thing I did notice, did anyone else see Max and Emi exchanging words at the final whistle? Watching the highlights on iFollow back you can clearly hear Max scream 'Emi, you f*cking lazy sh*t!' after one of the Brentford chances right at the end, so clearly neither of them are happy with each other 😂 it'll all be worked out I'm sure.

22 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Yep people who doubt the Mayor’s inclusion always baffle me, he was immense tonight.

What ever did happen to Indy Bones?

5 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Wanted: Open top bus. Availability needed, May.

Recent service a must... 

• Haha 1

Just watched the Brentford manager's post match interview on iFollow.

Very fair assessment of the game and Norwich's prospects of winning the League. No sour grapes which makes a refreshing change from the usual stuff the losing manager comes out with.

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

What ever did happen to Indy Bones?

Isn’t he camped outside RVW’s front door with a bouquet of flowers for him?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pukki Blinders said:

Grant Hanley, Ben Gibson, Ollie Skipp and Kenny McLean, absolute f*cking titans. Won't see a better defensive performance in the Championship this season.

One thing I did notice, did anyone else see Max and Emi exchanging words at the final whistle? Watching the highlights on iFollow back you can clearly hear Max scream 'Emi, you f*cking lazy sh*t!' after one of the Brentford chances right at the end, so clearly neither of them are happy with each other 😂 it'll all be worked out I'm sure.

Emi looked knackered towards the end... noticed him walking back while Brentford were breaking on about 88 mins. Not surprised though as he puts himself about that pitch like a man possessed.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Pukki Blinders said:

To be fair if you have watched any of the behind the scenes videos and players answering questions quite a few times have various Norwich players said that, and If I'm remmbering right, the player who complains the most is Max 'He is never happy, always grumpy and moans and complains about everything'

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pukki Blinders said:

Yes, it didn't look all peace and harmony did it ? Perhaps Aarons was disappointed in himself that he didn't have one of his better games.

Someone tell Hanley to remember to take Toney out of his pocket before he goes home

1 minute ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Emi looked knackered towards the end... noticed him walking back while Brentford were breaking on about 88 mins. Not surprised though as he puts himself about that pitch like a man possessed.

Yep, that was his most focused performance all season

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

To be fair if you have watched any of the behind the scenes videos and players answering questions quite a few times have various Norwich players said that, and If I'm remmbering right, the player who complains the most is Max 'He is never happy, always grumpy and moans and complains about everything'

A player who demands high standards of himself and his team mates isn’t a problem. A complainer would be different though.

Premier league performance tonight. Let them huff and puff and pick them off.

Could of won 3 or 4 nought.

Man of the match. The defence.

Just now, Yellow Fever said:

Premier league performance tonight. Let them huff and puff and pick them off.

Could of won 3 or 4 nought.

Man of the match. The defence.

Can look forward to much more of that next season

Giannoulis is also starting to look the part. Looks to be a great addition.

Everyone puts a shift in, whether they are on for 5 minutes or 95.

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Yep, Kenny McLean and Ollie Skipp said precisely that in their video. As Kenny said "he just barks down the wing!"

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

Yep, Kenny McLean and Ollie Skipp said precisely that in their video. As Kenny said "he just barks down the wing!"

And if you watched his christmas video Max sure does not seem like a happy or joy filled chappie..