Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds for the CSF with the PUPs Season 14 Week 26

Welcome to Rays Funds, supported by Turner European Consulting and Cavell Healthcare.

I’m sure you’ve all seen the pinned thread about our top PUP and good friend Wooster who suddenly passed away last Sunday morning. Our picture today shows Wooster in the Nelson at a PUPs celebration in 2017 (First left in the smart City scarf.). Wooster will be greatly missed on our threads. I know us PUPs, the CSF and our DS boys and girls were very close to his heart.

We need to do something in Wooster’s memory. Any ideas would be welcome. I have already had suggestions to do something draw related and Tilly mentioned maybe something at the Euros in the summer assuming they do take place. Anyway, let me know your thoughts.

Meanwhile, after a late night brainstorm last night, Kiwiscot has challenged me to what he called a "draw off". The idea is that we pay a tenner each, both pick 15 draws and put them in 5 different £2 trebles. As well as any winnings the one who gets least draws is going to donate a second tenner in memory of Wooster. There wasn’t really time to get anything else ready for this week but anyone is welcome to join in if they like.

80555630_tenyearswithWooster.jpg.64607c59ccb40f62e220d48a6fcfe40f.jpg

This week we have @sonyc in selecting the final six results for the first time. Sonyc has been a great asset to our team of PUPs this season. He’s already won making the Norwich picks and has come back in top form from his little winter break with 3 consecutive winning selections. We need our luck to change and I think it will this weekend so lets find Sonyc some great picks from the games played on Sat, Sun or Mon that are listed on Bet 365.

We have @Kathy making the final selections for our game at home at home to Luton on Saturday. Kathy has three wins on Arrdee’s honours board as well as being the current PUPs champion, profitability champion and even pools champion from the lockdown. She’s also won when selecting the Norwich picks before. Let’s help Kathy with some great options from those listed on Bet 365 or Bill Hill.

PUPs backing City is on for tonight’s game. The PUPpower has been amazing so far with five straight wins. I think we’ll m,ake it six tonight..

Screenshot_20210303-043636.thumb.jpg.1960191b7a7ad06218426dba2c6936ba.jpg

As always a massive thank-you to our benefactor PUPanon for making the Norwich match picks possible. Also to all the Pink Un posters who send me pledges and donations. And to our sponsors Turner European Consulting and Cavell Healthcare. Their money all goes straight into the presentation pot. The CSF and our DS and Pan-disability boys and girls really appreciate this support. For more information on our sponsors take a look at their websites below :-

1283382777_turner2-page-001.jpg.e0726504430ffc2f43ef17410932b6ca.jpg

http://www.turnereuropeanconsulting.com/

318255217_cavellhealthcare.jpg.4e98bab8c935a38ba9a21a447c376c87.jpg

https://www.cavellhealthcare.co.uk/

Now I’ll hand the thread over to Sonyc and Kathy. Remember theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you to success. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for the Community Sports Foundation and our fabulous Downs Syndrome and pan-disability boys and girls.

Good luck all you PUPs... take it away Steve and Kathy, the thread is yours.......🙃..........

1570795940_Rayssignature-15Nov20.jpg.9a8a1ef4b9381f058cb9def9a3697415.jpg

1001837122_Signaturetotals-28feb21.jpg.6eb831767e92338276ab52e9138d4598.jpg

Rays Funds on Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/groups/124098287639888/

Rays Funds on Twitter : https://twitter.com/Raysfunds

• Thanks 1

The Championship is this week's destination with 

Barnsley to win at home vs Birmingham.

For the match bet, City to win both halves.

If I can offer a suggestion for the "draw-off" I'd give you the Manchester derby on Sunday.

Best of luck Sonyc, Kathy and all you PUPs.

Sad news about Wooster, hopefully we can do him proud this weekend. Good luck Kathy, Sonic & all pups......

While I’m watching Norwich we just haven’t scored our chances and I think we’re due to spank someone so 4-0 Norwich win for me.....

Back the my second country for Slavia Prague v Banik Ostrava Home Win.

OTBC 💛💚

Edited by Indy

Sad week for all PUPs. RIP Wooster💛💚

Off to Holland this week with:

FEYENOORD v VVV HOME WIN

Good Luck @sonyc and all you Lovely PUPs

For the Norwich bet, Gibson to score anytime. Best of luck Kathy

• Like 1

A very good evening to you Nutty on such a sad week for this thread but i am sure wooster would want us to move onwards and upwards so the best of good fortune to sonyc and the old girl from Reepham together with all you other lovely PUPs out there.

Down into League One and a HOME WIN for SUNDERLAND v Rochdale.

For the City game H/T City F/T City.

Good Luck Sonyc, the lovely Kathy and all PUPs, hopefully good fortune will smile on us this week after the sad loss of Wooster. 

Elche v Sevilla - Away Win

City Bet - Over 2.5 goals

There'll be a big hole in the PUPs thread this week as we have lost dear Wooster. I'm sure he'd want us to carry on and win lots of money though, so let's do it for him.

I'm not sure I should be trusted with this mind  based on my record this season, especially as my lucky pin seemed to be residing in the Larkman last weekend.

I'm  a bit torn between Luton continuing to be our bogey side this campaign, and us well and truly putting the record straight so I need some help from the PUPs here. Lots of suggestions please!

I'll be back with my choices early Friday evening.

Hi PUPs, echoing everyone's thoughts about Wooster. 

This week I'm continuing to yo-yo between Turkey and Greece so will go for OLYMPIAKOS PIRAEUS VS. LAMIA (home win).

For the City bet I'll go for Hernandez to finally get his shooting boots on and score anytime in a 3-0 victory.

Good luck everyone! 🏆💪

Apples

Really sad news about Wooster, he will be missed on here. My pick this week is Ajax to win against Groningen, for our match a 2-0 win. Good luck pups!

Nutty, if you can find a spare fiver (I will settle up later) could you put it on an accumulator of these three matches to end as draws, in wooster's memory:

Watford vs Nottingham Forest
Swansea City vs Middlesbrough

Gillingham vs Ipswich Town

• Like 1

Evening Pups. 
Sonyc , I’m going for OXFORD v Charlton home win 11/10 .
Kathy , how about Max to score .

Good luck everyone .

Very sad to be doing this without Wooster, I was always keen to see which draw he’d selected . 

Evening PUPs and thoughts with everyone at the sad loss of Wooster.

MMMK - SC Freiburg -v- RB LEIPZIG AWAY WIN

MM - Hoffenheim -v- WOLFSBURG AWAY WIN

For the match bet BTTS.

For the Draw-Off : Sheff Utd -v- Southampton.

Good Luck @sonyc and @Kathy 💛💚

Thank you all for suggestions so far. I will aim for a 10pm ish deadline for NN.

An extra tenner on the way to see if we can get a second crack at getting a successful set of 6.

I might aim for teams starting with the initials in Wooster's name in a set of 6 (several offered already) as a small way to honour him. Feel free to think of such teams though no problem if not. 

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 1

Good Evening Pups

Welcome to the Six @sonyc which is a heartless mistress that builds you up only to slap you to the ground at the last moment. I've not seeing much I like this weekend, but hopefully In the Belgium 1st Divison B will shine kindly on me - Lommel SK v Club Brugge KV U23 - Home Win

For Kathy Luton seem to be low scoring and play it tight away from home so it's fair to say we look like getting a clean sheet, but not running rampant. 2 Nil to Norwich with Buendia to score anytime.

And finally we are without our unique Draw Master Wooster. Every Pup helps the cause and we are now a man down, but we go again as we say and it's helping the CSF and the DS boys and girls that Wooster was in for. So I thought we should have some kind of draw bet as a sign of respect and Nutty agreed. I'd also had been thinking of challenging Wooster to a draw off at the end of this season should we both have finished top so it seemed to make sense the other night, but it's just another way to throw money into the pot and have some fun while honouring Wooster. It's actually been pretty tough trying to gauge what will be a draw so credit to you Wooster. RIP.

• Like 2

All the very best to sonyc and Kathy in what is a very difficult week.  

Using sonyc's wishes I would like to suggest Sutton (won loads on the trot)  to beat Wrexham 

For Kathy, I would like to suggest more than 3.5 goals

For a draw, I'd like to suggest Stevenage v Harrogate

8 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Nutty, if you can find a spare fiver (I will settle up later) could you put it on an accumulator of these three matches to end as draws, in wooster's memory:

Watford vs Nottingham Forest
Swansea City vs Middlesbrough

Gillingham vs Ipswich Town

Great idea thanks Purple...

Screenshot (45).png

A barnsley home win to birmingham for me this weekend, assuming the fixture goes ahead.

As for city I will predict less than 2.5 goals.

Good luck everyone and thoughts are with wooster & his family.

Aberdeen to beat Hamilton.

For Norwich, I suggest BTTS - No.

For A draw I suggest Torquay vs Hartlepool. Top vs 3rd.

A very sad passing. and my thoughts go to his family and friends.

Sunderland to beat Rochdale  would be my suggestion  for Sonyc - good luck

For Norwich I ll stick with my 3-1 with Pukki to score anytime for Kathy- good luck

Have a great weekend pups and good luck with your picks

Edited by Diane
changed pick as Brentford game off

For my bet, Rangers to beat St.Mirren please.

To draw Morecambe v Carlisle which is something of a local derby.

Good luck all. Back later with the Norwich bets 🙃

The Sudwest section of the German Regionalliga.

Elversberg to win at home against Eintracht Stadtallendorf.

Elversberg have a 7-4-2 and 33/5 home record, and have won their last three with a 12/0 goal difference. Eintracht Stadtallendorf have a 0-2-8 and 9/25 away record.

The odds are 1/8.

---

For the NCFC bet I notice the referee is he who awarded Swansea that completely uncontroversial last-minute winning penalty on Wednesday evening. So I would suggest betting on there not being a penalty in our game.

Good luck to all!

33 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

SHEFFIELD UNITED to beat Southampton

For the Norwich bet, Norwich (-1) is odds against at 6/5 with Skybet. 

If I pick that, will your Dad know I'm talking about?

For sonyc....

Northern Ireland PL

Dungannon Swifts          v         Coleraine          Away Win

For Kathy...

Emi to score the First Goal

6 minutes ago, Kathy said:

If I pick that, will your Dad know I'm talking about?

Found it on Bill Hill where it's 6/5🙃

Just now, nutty nigel said:

Found it on Bill Hill where it's 6/5🙃

Sorry, that's a reflection on my naivety rather than yours.

Just now, Kathy said:

Sorry, that's a reflection on my naivety rather than yours.

No, you were right to worry 🙃

Evening pups

My suggestion is BARNSLEY V birmingham HOME WIN

For the NCFC bet I’d go for Norwich win btts 

So sorry to hear the sad news this week rip wooster