Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Horse racing picture and video

Has anyone seen them? The photograph is grim viewing but the video of the jockey mocking a dead horse is horrendous. A bit of a shakeup in the equestrian world looks on the cards. 

• Like 1

Utterly repulsive. Clearly the horses only have instrumental value to a significant number in this industry. Let's hope the industry gets to grips with weeding out such scum.

If you wanted a horse, you can pick up an ex race horse for pennies. To many trainers and owners they are commodities and a means to an end. And once they serve their purpose, are no longer wanted as they cost money to keep.

Rumours of mistreatment of horses in racing and showjumping circles have been around forever.

10 hours ago, horsefly said:

Utterly repulsive. Clearly the horses only have instrumental value to a significant number in this industry. Let's hope the industry gets to grips with weeding out such scum.

don't think you'll get much of a tune out of a dead horse.

5 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

If you wanted a horse, you can pick up an ex race horse for pennies. To many trainers and owners they are commodities and a means to an end. And once they serve their purpose, are no longer wanted as they cost money to keep.

Rumours of mistreatment of horses in racing and showjumping circles have been around forever.

What's needed is a government campaign to encourage people to eat horse meat. Problem then solved.

30 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

What's needed is a government campaign to encourage people to eat horse meat. Problem then solved.

Actually, not for human consumption but pet food. It costs an awful lot of money to destroy and or inter a horse. Selling them, once they are dead, to pet food producers would solve a real problem.

6 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Actually, not for human consumption but pet food. It costs an awful lot of money to destroy and or inter a horse. Selling them, once they are dead, to pet food producers would solve a real problem.

Yeah, that would work. I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek but they do eat horse meat on the continent. I remember when I worked in Belgium I bought a pack of sausages from the supermarket and put them under the grill. They totally stunk out my apartment. When I tried a bit they tasted just as bad as they smelled. I binned them. Checking on the label I discovered it was horse. Never made that mistake a second time.

13 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

don't think you'll get much of a tune out of a dead horse.

Oh dear! RTB been at the sauce again to drown out the sorrows of living with his own miserable personality.

On 03/03/2021 at 21:06, Rock The Boat said:

Yeah, that would work. I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek but they do eat horse meat on the continent. I remember when I worked in Belgium I bought a pack of sausages from the supermarket and put them under the grill. They totally stunk out my apartment. When I tried a bit they tasted just as bad as they smelled. I binned them. Checking on the label I discovered it was horse. Never made that mistake a second time.

I have eaten Paaderworst ( horse sausage) in Holland....it was not dissimilar to venison...lean and a little  gamey.  Quite  nice in fact. I also had a bite of a friends Horse steak in a posh restaurant  in Haarlem, Holland...again, like a mild Venison. 

I would in no way advocate mistreatment of any animal , but Horses seem to have found  a place in the uk as pets rather than  edible livestock.  Seems a bit of a waste of  good protein. 

On 04/03/2021 at 10:17, horsefly said:

Oh dear! RTB been at the sauce again to drown out the sorrows of living with his own miserable personality.

he has Jools and Moy for company, you know 😋

47 minutes ago, Bill said:

he has Jools and Moy for company, you know 😋

Three men in a sinking brexit boat. (perhaps Morrison's bought it for them)

Edited by horsefly