Sign in to follow this  
alex_ncfc

Do you have a favourite Norwich goal...

6 minutes ago, spencer 1970 said:

Safri 40 yarder!

This one is right up there too, love how the ball seems to travel forever through the air and the thud off the bar!

John Polston's against Villa. Not the prettiest goal you will ever see but a huge goal at the time which gave us hope of winning the title.

• Like 1

Gotta be Redmonds Wembley wonder! Hugely important goal, absolutely wonderful, flowing move, atmosphere buzzing, perfect mix all round.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Deptford Yellow said:

Darren Eadie against Ipswich  - the one from the right of goal with the tightest of angles (!)

Not sure why but I vaguely remember dale Gordon scoring a similar one at the river end, I think v luton, tho maybe someone will correct me.

I tend to remember the ones that got me emotional rather than the best quality so Simeon Jackson's has to be the one for me tho klose v Ipswich was special.

Redmond v Boro in the play off final to go 2-0 up was also very special.

Special mention for Chris Sutton v Southampton in the FA cup QF, that's possibly the oldest goal I can remember when I lost it for a moment

Edited by glory.win or die.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, paddycanary said:

Snap Geddy! That's the one for me too. An absolute belter, in off the bar, a great team and a crushing result against a dirty club! Bliss. 

This.. even Dirty Leeds fans clapped

• Like 1

I have two:

Dave Stringer’s last gasp headed winner against Crystal Palace in the penultimate game of our first season in the old Division One. It kept us up.

Steve Bruce’s late header against the Scum in the second leg of the League Cup semi final. We went into this game 1-0 down from the first ldg at Poorman Road and John Deehan got the ‘equaliser’ before Brucie headed them in the gonads. A wonderful night!

All I can say is there’s some bloody good goals on here, surprising how many are not at the forefront of the memory when you see them again! Cheers for sharing the vids folks 👍

8 hours ago, Crafty Canary said:

I have two:

Dave Stringer’s last gasp headed winner against Crystal Palace in the penultimate game of our first season in the old Division One. It kept us up.

Steve Bruce’s late header against the Scum in the second leg of the League Cup semi final. We went into this game 1-0 down from the first ldg at Poorman Road and John Deehan got the ‘equaliser’ before Brucie headed them in the gonads. A wonderful night!

I never saw the first one, but I was in the South Stand and I certainly experienced it :-). What an introduction to supporting Norwich that was! 

Agree on Bruce’s winner v Ipswich and earlier mentions of Justin Fashanu’s goal v Liverpool. 

I have many, but the one that makes me smile is seeing Holts goal  at anfield leaving 2 liverpool players on the deck.

Edited by city4eva

There's a few that stick to mind, Nedergaard's long distance curler, Hux against Birmingham when he went virtually the length of the pitch and used his left foot(!), Safri vs Newcastle, Holt against Liverpool, Holt's chip against Chelsea, Howson's volley, Howson vs Man City, Jackson vs Derby. Wes when he scored that long range banger the season before he left. Maddison when he megged the defender and curled in from about 25 yards. Crofts turn and half volley. Klose against our friends down the road! Jamal vs Leicester

But I'd agree with many others in this thread, in recent times, has to be Redmond at Wembley, what a moment!

Edited by AJ

Jeremy goss on the last day of the kop.

I don't actually really remember the goal, only the moment . Perhaps that matters as much as the technical ability?

15 hours ago, glory.win or die. said:

I tend to remember the ones that got me emotional rather than the best quality so Simeon Jackson's has to be the one for me tho klose v Ipswich was special.

Same regarding emotional rather than quality 

21 hours ago, shaunieboy77 said:

John Polston's against Villa. Not the prettiest goal you will ever see but a huge goal at the time which gave us hope of winning the title.

Agreed. That goal gave us genuine hope. March 1993.

The majority of favourite goals scored that have been previously mentioned would also feature heavily on my 'faves' recollection and selection. There is one though that sticks in my mind is against Charlton in April 2010 when Micky Nelson headed in the winner in front of a rammed to the rafters away supporters stand (me included) that confirmed our promotion back to the Championship.....It was a cracking atmosphere both before in the boozers and then inside the Valley....A brilliant all round day down in the smoke.....

I recall the same Mr Nelson away at Hartlepools during our 1st Division campaign scoring with a cracking overhead kick.....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Barbe bleu said:

Jeremy goss on the last day of the kop.

I don't actually really remember the goal, only the moment . Perhaps that matters as much as the technical ability?

It was pretty sweet to shít on their parade! Another beauty from Gossy too. Anyone who was interested in English soccer during that period remembers Jeremy Goss.

Apologies, posted this on the wrong thread!

My first game was Norwich v Southampton in Oct 1988. I was 19 so a late starter compared to lots of you guys. I recall being really excited about the game and being somewhat star struck by the players and being in the Barclay.  

I’m not sure whether it was a good game or not as I have no recollection of the match at all other than it was a draw. I just looked it up and it was 1-1. I know I went to lots of the home games that season but looking through the results I have only a vague recollection of them. I seemed to wake up a bit in 1989 as I can remember those a bit more clearly. 😬🙄

Edited by Hansterbubble
Posted on wrong thread

On 01/03/2021 at 14:21, ged in the onion bag said:

Jeremy Goss but not that one!   His goal away to Leeds (think we won 4-0) was special, not just the strike but it ended a move of many passes started in our defence.    

This is my favourite as well. Something like 20 plus passes before the volley. 

3 hours ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Trevor Putney at Leicester 

I have never seen footage of it, but it exists in my memory 

86/87, top flight match with a crowd of under 9,000 (Filbert street) I was there too and Norwich finished 5th that season. 

• Like 1

I remember pretty much all of these, and there are some belters, but I don't think I've ever gone as mental as I did when Jackson's went in against Derby. I was with my 15 year old son and it was bonkers. So, that one for me. I think we sang throughout the 2 hour drive home......

On 01/03/2021 at 18:10, alex_ncfc said:

This one is right up there too, love how the ball seems to travel forever through the air and the thud off the bar!

I have a huge soft spot for the other goal we scored in that game. It looked like we'd chucked the win away again but then Helveg of all players busted a gut to get forward on the counter and then placed an inch perfect cross onto the head of Ashton who placed it perfectly into the top corner.