Sign in to follow this  
alex_ncfc

Do you have a favourite Norwich goal...

Goss against Bayern Munich (away).

In more recent times, Tett’s thunderous volley against Sunderland in the Premier League was truly something to behold!

Edited by Alex Moss
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Goss against Bayern Munich (away).

In more recent times, Tett’s thunderous volley against Middlesbrough in the Premier League was truly something to behold!

Such a joy to behold that you've got the club he scored it against wrong - it was Sunderland. 😉😉 

4 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Such a joy to behold that you've got the club he scored it against wrong - it was Sunderland. 😉😉 

Actually Thirsty, I realised the very second I hit ‘post’ and changed it on the spot! I will forever get those 2 sides mixed up and I have no idea why!

The Jeremy Goss goal will still be talked about in 100 years time.   Fashanu's effort maybe as well.  All the others we are still discussing then will be scored in the Premier league and cups next year (and the champions league after that...)

• Like 1

There are so many I love, but somehow the Simmo Jackson goal vs Derby in stoppage time.  I was in the snakepit so couldn't actually see the goalmouth action, it was just a case of the ball going over and the next I could see it was in the back of the net and we all went mental.  I love the replay showing the guy celebrating so much he fell over the front of the stand, that's what football is all about !

In terms of pure quality, Howson v Forest.

In terms of goals I love watching, the 3 we scored v the Scum in the playoffs or the 4 v them in the home Derby.

27 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Actually Thirsty, I realised the very second I hit ‘post’ and changed it on the spot! I will forever get those 2 sides mixed up and I have no idea why!

Both from the North East, both play in red and white, we've beaten them both in a Wembley final..... easily done to be fair. 

• Thanks 1

This one:

One of Fleckie's best ever strikes.

Edited by duke63
  • Like 2

Emi Vs Bristol city this season.

The pass from Gibson inch perfect. The touch and finish of Bergkamp. Perfection. A goal that good deserved an audience, even though it was away I believe it would have got some reception.

Also, not a goal but Emis touch that then led to him scoring vs Hull 2 seasons ago. Have watched that so many times. 

(I quite like Emi)

• Like 1

Pukki’s volley against Bolton at home 2 seasons ago. Was pretty much the last kick of the game and such skill

I've been known to watch the video of Klose's equaliser against Ipswich, filmed by one of their fans in the away end, multiple times back-to-back, on more than one occasion.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, It's Character Forming said:

There are so many I love, but somehow the Simmo Jackson goal vs Derby in stoppage time.  I was in the snakepit so couldn't actually see the goalmouth action, it was just a case of the ball going over and the next I could see it was in the back of the net and we all went mental.  I love the replay showing the guy celebrating so much he fell over the front of the stand, that's what football is all about !

Yes, that was an incredible moment. The scrappiest and flukiest of goals but one of such significance. One minute our promotion charge was faltering, the next we had one foot in the Premier League. The absolute mayhem that ensued was such an incredible combination of relief and joy that it still makes my hairs stand on end just thinking about it. I doubt a single goal will ever give me quite the same feeling.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Canarywary said:

I've been known to watch the video of Klose's equaliser against Ipswich, filmed by one of their fans in the away end, multiple times back-to-back, on more than one occasion.

That is truly hilarious 👍

• Like 1

To be in Munich and see Goss score. I still pinch myself. Even Mark Bowen nodding in the second was a good goal. We were all appealing for the foul on Chris Sutton for a Penalty. I'm not sure if the significance or importance can be bettered. The celebrations that night, in the Bar around the corner from our Hotel in Munich. On my train / tube journey back to Somerset, the number of passengers congratulating NCFC. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Jeremy Goss but not that one!   His goal away to Leeds (think we won 4-0) was special, not just the strike but it ended a move of many passes started in our defence.    

Snap Geddy! That's the one for me too. An absolute belter, in off the bar, a great team and a crushing result against a dirty club! Bliss. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Jeremy Goss but not that one!   His goal away to Leeds (think we won 4-0) was special, not just the strike but it ended a move of many passes started in our defence.    

That was a raging thunderbastard of a volley that nearly snapped the crossbar.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

A semi final winner?

A winning goal vs your local rivals?

A winning goal in the last couple of minutes of a game??

.....what if its all 3 in 1 ??!

ncfc-2-v-ipswich-town-0-march--data.jpg

Yup, that’s definitely my favourite goal!