Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Our next five matches

How many points do you want us to get and how many do you think we will get? The matches are..

Brentford, home

Luton, home

sheffield wednesday, away

Nottingham Forest, away

Blackburn Rovers, home

I would happily take 11 points. 2 draws and 3 wins, very happily take a point against Brentford and somewhat happy to take a point against Luton given, you know, they have become somewhat of a bogey team for us recently- No real reasons we can win the 3 after that however I think.

I'd be disappointed if we didn't win at least 3 of them, on paper Brentford and Forrest look the toughest for me. Three wins and perhaps a draw with Brentford puts one foot in the prem.

13 points out of 15 for me, I have to have faith in the boys, the only dropped points I think will be against Luton because they play a style we seem to have difficulties with - their sh1thousery is on another level, I mean celebrating with the ref over winning a penalty was actually something else!

Has anyone worked out how many more wins we need to seal promotion? 🙏

Brentford is going to be fascinating.

For them it's very much a hope to win after all they have the chasing pack at their heels. That will probably play into our hands as they then can't park the bus - but that's not their style of play anyway. This will be a test of character.

Buckle Up.

A statement win by any means & even with my nervy Canary football fan disposition I might think I can start to hear the fat lady clearing her throat and polishing the silverware.

4 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

13 points out of 15 for me, I have to have faith in the boys, the only dropped points I think will be against Luton because they play a style we seem to have difficulties with - their sh1thousery is on another level, I mean celebrating with the ref over winning a penalty was actually something else!

Has anyone worked out how many more wins we need to seal promotion? 🙏

I seem to recall that the biggest problems were caused by their 12th player. Two of their goals were the immediate result of some seriously dubious refereeing.

None of those games are easy, but we've been incredibly tight defensively in recent weeks so I'm imagining possibly 3 wins, 1 draw and 1 defeat for 10 points.

Incidentally there's another thread on this exact same topic.

24 minutes ago, Petriix said:

I seem to recall that the biggest problems were caused by their 12th player. Two of their goals were the immediate result of some seriously dubious refereeing.

None of those games are easy, but we've been incredibly tight defensively in recent weeks so I'm imagining possibly 3 wins, 1 draw and 1 defeat for 10 points.

Yep agreed Petriix, thinking back this was probably the worst/strangest refereeing performance that we faced this season? Hopefully the man in the middle on Wednesday doesn’t have any ties to West London... unless it’s QPR or Fulham of course, and then that’ll be just fine!

7 hours ago, Petriix said:

Indeed, FTW may gently raise one eyebrow when he has a look at this thread! Hardly the crime of the century though.

15 points is my answer.

22 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

How many points do you want us to get and how many do you think we will get? The matches are..

Brentford, home

Luton, home

sheffield wednesday, away

Nottingham Forest, away

Blackburn Rovers, home

I would happily take 11 points. 2 draws and 3 wins, very happily take a point against Brentford and somewhat happy to take a point against Luton given, you know, they have become somewhat of a bogey team for us recently- No real reasons we can win the 3 after that however I think.

To get to the magic 90pts we now need 1.538 pts per game from the last 13 games . Win every other game with another point thrown in . Anything above 8 points from these 5 will be a bonus. 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

21 hours ago, Petriix said:

Wonder whether the team think they owe Luton one.