Graham Paddons Beard

Lambert - UK’s next Diplomat?

Has been able to unite the North Folk , the South Folk , and Camulodunum. That’s the first time in 3000 years? 

We all have a common cause -  we all think he is a kn0b . 

That’s taken some doing Paul. Try the Middle East next ?

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard
  • Haha 2

Actually I think this Lambert hate stuff ought to stop now he's left. He is plaiinly on his uppers as a football manager and if he has brought that on himself, so be it, but I don't like seeing people kicked when they are down.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Actually I think this Lambert hate stuff ought to stop now he's left. He is plaiinly on his uppers as a football manager and if he has brought that on himself, so be it, but I don't like seeing people kicked when they are down.

It depends on who it is in my book. When Trump lost the election, I was more than happy to join in the mockery, he brought it on himself. Similarly, Lambert has been a kn0b several times since he left us, and a poor football manager to boot. No-one AFAIK is threatening physical violence - sticks and stones etc.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

He deserted Norwich, sued us, did his level best to unsettle Hoolahan, and behaved like a thug at Carrow rd. Not convinced he's going to get a lot of sympathy or deserve any.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, horsefly said:

He deserted Norwich, sued us, did his level best to unsettle Hoolahan, and behaved like a thug at Carrow rd. Not convinced he's going to get a lot of sympathy or deserve any.

“Not convinced” is a very balanced way of putting it Horse . 😂

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Paul said he'll drink to that...

• Haha 1

Lambert provided me with two reasons to wish the worst for Ipswich Town.

I'm not sure his much touted successor Paul Cook will do the same. I'll work on it though.

6 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Lambert provided me with two reasons to wish the worst for Ipswich Town.

I'm not sure his much touted successor Paul Cook will do the same. I'll work on it though.

I am ambivalent towards Cook - which is a bit of a worry . No doubt he’ll do something daft to help make our minds up . 

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

I still had a certain amount of respect for PL for what he did to turn our fortunes around when we were certainly at our lowest ebb for many a year. 

However when he came to Carrow rd with Ipswich at started the fight purely to get fans onside,any amount of respect went out the door.

Ive also got to mention that I'm gutted he's left the binners. 

Yes he was good with and for us. His only success so maybe we were lucky.

That he has been sacked means nothing. All managers put on the crocodile tears at a fellow manager being sacked and "he was doing a good job and wasn't given enough time" but then jump into his shoes.

I see they have another "Paul" lined up.

Not good news If history is anything to go by.

Fourth time lucky perhaps? (fifth if you include caretakers)

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

I see they have another "Paul" lined up.

Not good news If history is anything to go by.

Fourth time lucky perhaps? (fifth if you include caretakers)

Tenuous link to us on the PinkUn. He only played six times for us. Its like putting Jim Blair in the Hall of Fame.

1 hour ago, Weneverscorefromacorner said:

I still had a certain amount of respect for PL for what he did to turn our fortunes around when we were certainly at our lowest ebb for many a year. 

However when he came to Carrow rd with Ipswich at started the fight purely to get fans onside,any amount of respect went out the door.

Ive also got to mention that I'm gutted he's left the binners. 

In his interview after the game he said 'I'm certainly not going to have (NCFC) staff enter our technical area. 

If you look back at the replay though, it's only ITFC staff entering our technical area. 

Spoiling for a fight they were. 

2 minutes ago, Beefy is a legend said:

In his interview after the game he said 'I'm certainly not going to have (NCFC) staff enter our technical area. 

If you look back at the replay though, it's only ITFC staff entering our technical area. 

Spoiling for a fight they were. 

That was the plan. Yet another plan that went disastrously wrong for Scumbert . 

I'm currently learning Welsh and I came by this and have to admit it amused me...

(Seriously though, he had a major role in giving me 3 happy years but in subsequent years he didn't just burn his bridges with us than blow them up with dynamite. It shows the real person somehow doesn't it. And so, the definition below..... allow for a little poetic licence please..... is rather apt).

Screenshot_2021-03-01-10-35-40-697_com.android.browser.jpg

Edited by sonyc
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, sonyc said:

I'm currently learning Welsh and I came by this and have to admit it amused me...

(Seriously though, he had a major role in giving me 3 happy years but in subsequent years he didn't just burn his bridges with us than blow them up with dynamite. It shows the real person somehow doesn't it. And so, the definition below..... allow for a little poetic licence please..... is rather apt).

Screenshot_2021-03-01-10-35-40-697_com.android.browser.jpg

Brilliant!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

That was the plan. Yet another plan that went disastrously wrong for Scumbert . 

Yeah, that didn't go according to plan.

Paul Lambert had to be restrained by a police officer after a furious bust-up with the Norwich coaching staff

image.thumb.png.be6e625da4cabadee128ef4fedc9bc24.png

• Haha 1

Yes Lambert did very well for us, but it ought to be clear from his subsequent behaviour that his only real motivation was to do well for Mr Lambert. City were merely instrumental in his plans for his own self-aggrandizement, and as soon as he thought he could do better he was off in acrimomy. I can't remember Lambert expressing any genuine gratitude to the club for the opportunities it afforded him. Farke is the very opposite. Time and again we hear him speaking about what a privilege it is to work for NCFC, both for himself and the players. I would be astonished if some top european club doesn't take him from us at some stage, but I bet when he does leave it will be an honourable and civilised departure filled with gratitude for what working for NCFC gave him. As characters they are chalk and cheese.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, lake district canary said:

At 51 I'm sure the bloke never has to work again unless he's silly with money, I'll reserve the pity party for the many people who have been left destitute by the pandemic thanks, like my local pub landlord who has just have to fold and is delivering for Uber eats to keep his fridge stocked. 

• Like 1

Another legacy left by Lambert . The Binner fans hate him. He has another  relegation on his CV , and he even has the locals brewing a beer called LambertOut 

Other legacies include

Suing us. 

bullying  at Villa. 

sacked by Villa

a choreographed fight in a 3 nil loss with his ex club. 

leaving Wolves because he “didn’t agree” with Mendez increasing involvement . 

Failing to keep Stoke up . And leaving 

Failing to get Blackburn up or even near the playoffs . And leaving . 

oh and then there is Colchester ... he left them in the sh1te too? 

wonderful legacy . What a bloody shame the Binners have seen sense . 

18 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:
On 01/03/2021 at 08:39, lake district canary said:

At 51 I'm sure the bloke never has to work again unless he's silly with money, I'll reserve the pity party for the many people who have been left destitute by the pandemic thanks, like my local pub landlord who has just have to fold and is delivering for Uber eats to keep his fridge stocked. 

Why bring the pandemic into it?  Entirely unrelated.

I can't pretend to have any issues with him. Anyone who takes us from the bottom of League 1 to mid-Prem without stopping for a breather has built-up a lot of credit in my book. Going to Ipswich several years later means nothing to me.

• Like 1