norwichsteve

Will next time be different in the PL?

10 minutes ago, kirku said:

What's the rationale behind Skipp not coming in for another year? 

I'd have thought he'd be better off staying here and playing every week rather than going back to Spurs to warm the bench

I'm hopeful we might get Skipp next season too - for the very reason you give. When a club sends a player out on loan the one thing they want above all else is for that player to play regularly. That is exactly what has happened with Skipp for us this season, and if we were to get promoted it would be more likely to happen with us than any other club. 

1 hour ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Possibly the worst take I've ever read on this forum. And that is some accolade. 

3 hours ago, CDMullins said:

Worse. 

Personnel wise we'd be weaker. 

Performance wise we're way off the level of 18/19. 

All the teams already in there have strengthened. 

Very real chance we'd lose Buendia and Aarons. 

There's no way we'd invest. 

Major positive is that we'd be a little more tough and resilient. 

Dunno Dunc, this one ain't far off.

• Thanks 1

Not advocating this, but planning for relegation and finding out who's good enough... (whilst having a stack of cash)   😀

RB: Mumba, __Buy___
CB: Gibson, Omobamidele
CB: Famewo, Bushiri
LB: Giannoulis, McCallum
DM: Skipp or __Buy___, McLean
DM: Sorrensen, Sitti
AM: Cantwell, Dowell
AM: Sinani, Placheta
AM: __Buy___, Hernandez
ST: Pukki, Idah, Omotoye

We simply don't have the finances to compete with most of the teams outside of the top six.

Just facts, all we can do is enjoy however long we have in the Prem when we get there.

37 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

I'm hopeful we might get Skipp next season too - for the very reason you give. When a club sends a player out on loan the one thing they want above all else is for that player to play regularly. That is exactly what has happened with Skipp for us this season, and if we were to get promoted it would be more likely to happen with us than any other club. 

Will very much depend on Jose I think. He seems very happy that Skipp is getting regular game-time and if he's not deemed ready for first team there's a good chance he'll let him stay on loan. Will also come down to the players wishes too.

I see no reason why, assuming no really bad luck (injuries) as in the last season, we can't be at least better than 3 other teams in the EPL. We'll be wiser, stronger and more organized in defence and midfield and will no doubt spend carefully. Its the same story we hear every year about promoted clubs but many do survive a season or two including us in the past !

Sheffield Utd are an in interesting discussion on this point - did extremely well last season but this season ....

I think the real question is how do you become an established EPL club as opposed to a one season wonder - and I for one think the NCFC board are going about that the right way. I'm quite positive.

No, i'm not sure how it STILL hasn't sunk in after all these years for so many of you but the fact is under the current owners we cannot and will not ever be able to compete in the premier league. It is just a financial impossibility. However if this message board is anything to go by (which I'm not sure it is), the majority of supporters seem happy with this. Little plucky 'ol Norwich FC.

Anyway, all the best guys.

Big Keith Scott.

11 minutes ago, Keith Scott said:

No, i'm not sure how it STILL hasn't sunk in after all these years for so many of you but the fact is under the current owners we cannot and will not ever be able to compete in the premier league. It is just a financial impossibility. However if this message board is anything to go by (which I'm not sure it is), the majority of supporters seem happy with this. Little plucky 'ol Norwich FC.

Big Keith Scott.

Are you saying that all EPL clubs without exception must be permanent LOSS makers and hence need a benefactor as they are otherwise financial basket cases?

No - I think not else it would ultimately be unviable (let alone all the tightening FFP rules).  

Yes money helps but NCFC is not a charity unlike Ipswich down the road. We can grow the club. 

19 minutes ago, Keith Scott said:

Big Keith Scott.

Didn't we stay in the prem for 3 seasons not so long ago? Is that not competing?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, CDMullins said:

There is absolutley no way we coud lose Emi and Max and replace them plus our other shortfalls with £40 Million.

£40 Million is 3 players tops.

I have faith in our recruitment that we can replace them (obviously it's doubtful we'd find people of equal quality, but we can add depth in other areas) is important to remember that we didn't pay anything like that for them.

Edited by Wardogz

17 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Didn't we stay in the prem for 3 seasons not so long ago? Is that not competing?

Yes-  I'd much prefer our owners who their heart and soul invested in the club than some Johny come lately.

My view is that we have a better defensive mindset this time.  If we avoid injuries in the defence, we can survive nay thrive like Sheffield United last season and Burnley before them.  If we have the same injuries as last time plan for 2022/23 as soon as they bite.  I hope in Mumba & Sorenson we have players who can step up immediately. Omobamidele should also come into contention.  So given a fair wind the defence looks better set.

Idah (remember a current full international) and Martin with another year should be good as back up elsewhere.  Pepe also a full international will hopefully settle down and be a good bench regular.  But that still leaves 4 or 5 essential signings which are required even before selling.  It will be a busy window, with Brexit pretty complicated too.  But not impossible.