Amanda T

Should NCFC be sold?

Yes, and the more genocidal dictatory, the better! Billions of quid ripped from the hands of their own starving citizens and handed over to PSG so we can have Mbappe up front please! Less cook books and more cooking of the books please!

• Haha 2

The club would lose it's identity. Maybe it would be financed sufficiently to become a Premier league mid table team for a sustained  period, enough to make money and satisfy the faceless owners. Thus depriving the fans of the excitement of promotion seasons and the hope of staying in the Prem for more than one or two seasons as is the norm with the present set up at the moment. 

Depends who to, if it's a dodgy American consortium who are potless and it's being funded by a pension scheme then no thanks. 

8 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

It will happen one day, but not in the lifetime of the current owners.

So Tom Smith will inherit a football club but not much money, then think "hang on, I'm looking at £40m-£50m here", and then flog to whoever pays him the most money, probably some dodgy Russian who fires a manager every 5 months. 

12 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

So Tom Smith will inherit a football club but not much money, then think "hang on, I'm looking at £40m-£50m here", and then flog to whoever pays him the most money, probably some dodgy Russian who fires a manager every 5 months. 

Wanna buy some silk stockings 

6 minutes ago, daly said:

Wanna buy some silk stockings 

Not if you've already worn them.

10 hours ago, Amanda T said:

Should NCFC be sold if we are to go up and stay up in the Premier League?

And it's only taken you two posts!

Are you thinking of putting in a bid?

Selling your club to Russian oligarchs wanted for war crimes and Far East conglomerates who have gone bankrupt 6 times already is so 10 years ago

I don’t think we should settle for any less than:

> An African warlord with child slave soldiers

> A high up official in a country that isn’t recognised by the UN

> Somalian Pirates

> Caribbean Pirates

> The Actual Vladimir Putin (that’d be wild!)

> The Sinaloa Mexican drug cartel

> The Ghost of Genghis Kahn

Anything less just isn’t going to get us the ‘Gram followers we require, and let’s face it, that’s what modern football is all about.

Edited by The Real Buh
  • Like 3
  • Haha 6

Don't forget Delia has blood on her hands.

How many chickens would still be alive if she hadn't told the world how to boil an egg?

How many insects would still be alive in corn fields just to make flour for victoria sponges.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Don't forget Delia has blood on her hands.

How many chickens would still be alive if she hadn't told the world how to boil an egg?

How many insects would still be alive in corn fields just to make flour for victoria sponges.

I thought you meant she's just done another cookery video about how to cook a lovely rare steak. 

2 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

I thought you meant she's just done another cookery video about how to cook a lovely rare steak. 

I'm afraid we are just left with repeats from now on. I don't see her doing a Frank Sinister or Strolling Bones.

51 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

> Caribbean Pirates

Johnny Depp?? 

From the posts I’ve seen related to this subject in recent years think pretty much everyone on here wants Delia to sell, but she won’t as she wants to pass her shares on to her nephew Tom. He might sell in the future, we will just have to wait and see. If the club does eventually end up getting sold though we will need it to be bought by someone who is far more wealthy, and willing to spend their own money on the club and not make us self funded

Love to see more money come into the club and Delia out of the door.  But be careful what you wish for there are few exceptions of takeovers working out for the better and these tend to be the top clubs.  Lower down the pyramid attracts dodgy customers too many to mention but the Italian crook sniffing around City sometime ago springs to mind.  A yoyo club we are and hope to remain so.  The occasional foray into the upper reaches may be our destiny.

Lets get there before we start to plan.

3 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

No but nothing is forever in football. Tom may well inherit the club and a certain amount of goodwill, but who knows what is around the corner. Who'd have thought a year ago we would have been in the midst of a worldwide pandemic?

You can't really say for certain in 5/10 years time where NCFC will be. Tom might inherit a load of flak and who knows even debt. He may not want that. The current owners get a fairly easy ride and probably rightly so, but who knows how long that will last after they leave this world.

4 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

Selling your club to Russian oligarchs wanted for war crimes and Far East conglomerates who have gone bankrupt 6 times already is so 10 years ago

> An African warlord with child slave soldiers

> A high up official in a country that isn’t recognised by the UN

> Somalian Pirates

> Caribbean Pirates

> The Actual Vladimir Putin (that’d be wild!)

> The Sinaloa Mexican drug cartel

> The Ghost of Genghis Kahn

Anything less just isn’t going to get us the ‘Gram followers we require, and let’s face it, that’s what modern football is all about.

What no room for Chinese arms dealers or Eastern European sex traffickers?!

Why not!?

Edited by Paint Me Yellow
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Paint Me Yellow said:

What no room for Chinese Arms dealers or Eastern European sex traffickers?!

Why not!?

All I’m saying is let’s get ourselves a proper villain. Why limit yourself to the usual “fraud” and “embezzlement” let’s have some war crimes! Some genocide! Let’s get the penguin from the batman comics or something!

Why limit ourselves to criminals from this planet? Maybe there’s a galactic crime syndicate looking to invest. let’s get out there and have a look at what we can find! 

To move up to the next level in terms of team and stadium YES, but with that will likely come negatives such as ticket price rises and corporate decisions being made to the club.

You won't please everyone (such is life) and some fans like the 'Little Old Norwich' moniker the club has but other will want us to become something bigger like a Wolves or Leeds with huge investment. 

Unfortunately this won't happen with Delia and Michael as they don't have the finances to do it.

Edited by BigManInTheBarclay

10 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Local lad apparently, loves the broads

And once  he's  loved them for a bit, he then beats them up. Nice guy!!

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

And once  he's  loved them for a bit, he then beats them up. Nice guy!!

I guess the thing is he’s such w versatile actor we could get him to be any level of villain we wanted. He could be Stalin one week and Pinochet the next. We could do online polls and everything.

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

I guess the thing is he’s such w versatile actor we could get him to be any level of villain we wanted. He could be Stalin one week and Pinochet the next. We could do online polls and everything.

Sorry Buho, domestic/  spousal  violence is a very low crime, may not carry the harshest penalties, but it's pretty scummy indeed. It's a no to jonny Depp from me , my wife agrees...or at least she better  had😇

Perhaps the Myanmar Military Investment Bank might make a bid. Turn it down and they’ll round up the board and declare themselves as owners. Dissenting fans can be shot. What’s not to like?

• Haha 1

Depends. If you want NCFC to have any chance of establishing themselves as a top tier club, yes. If you don't care, no.

All the best.

Keith S.

1 hour ago, Paint Me Yellow said:

What no room for Chinese arms dealers or Eastern European sex traffickers?!

Why not!?

After the experience that lot down the road have had with one of them I'd rather steer clear of that particular brand of villain thanks very much.....