Sign in to follow this  
Hucks6

Glenn Roeder

35 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

I am sorry to hear this. Best wishes to his friends and family

He had a lovely family met him and his boys a really decent bloke 

4 hours ago, daisy said:

Simply answering to the above, before today most of you couldn`t care less about the guy, now all of a sudden many of you respect him. Be honest with yourselves.

Come on Daisy you're better than that surely?? 

Glenn Roeder the manager of Norwich City, yes not the most popular or successful, but why does that matter at this moment? 

Glenn Roeder the person, no idea what he was like, I never met him. I do know he suffered from poor ill health, and was treated appallingly by a small section of West Ham fans, who smashed a window at his home whilst his family were there. No one deserves that for just being poor at their job. 

Glenn Roeder the player, yeah he was decent, as I'm a child of the 80s I remember him well, in an era that was by far my favourite. 

So RIP Glenn. 

Edited by Ken Hairy
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, C.I.D said:

Was this by any chance the 1st derby after Evans bought the Scum when they came here waving their wads of money at us ? 

I don't think so, but I could be wrong.

12 hours ago, king canary said:

Such a strange time as a Norwich fan. I remember Crofts getting POTS and lots of talk of it being a fix to try and convince him to sign a new contract.

I remember being devastated when he and Clingan left. That's the last time I've felt really gutted at players leaving - mostly because the seasons we have subsequently have shown me it's more about the team than individuals. 

12 hours ago, daisy said:

Simply answering to the above, before today most of you couldn`t care less about the guy, now all of a sudden many of you respect him. Be honest with yourselves.

Hi @daisy.

You're a bit of a penis aren't you?

All the best,

TY

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Greavsy said:

our thoughts before today were reflecting on his 14 months managing our team. 

Our thoughts after today are reflecting on his passing at a young age, and leaving being a young family etc. 

Is it that hard to understand? 

Nailed it. If you can't separate the manager from the man, you're ignorant. No other word needed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sad to hear this news yesterday, losing a former City manager is not something we read about every day. I always think that whether a manager works out brilliant or not so brilliant for us, you can actually nearly always find a decision made by them during their time here that would go on to benefit the club in time. And Glenn certainly really did that. Signing Wes Hoolahan was one of the best moves, in fact you could argue THE best move, that a Norwich City manager made in the last 25 years. To fight a brain tumour for near on 2 decades is quite incredible, and so for that reason it’s still a shock to hear. RIP Glenn - you played a more significant positive part in our history than perhaps you will ever know.

From all the testimonials on SSN from former players and colleagues was held in very high esteem.  But when he got to City he became downright nasty "When were you last England Manager" at AGM I believe was one comment  to a question.  Why he became bitter is only speculation, but still 65 too young.

11 minutes ago, pete said:

From all the testimonials on SSN from former players and colleagues was held in very high esteem.  But when he got to City he became downright nasty "When were you last England Manager" at AGM I believe was one comment  to a question.  Why he became bitter is only speculation, but still 65 too young.

Every chance that brain tumour and subsequent medication could well have affected his moods etc at the time, so I certainly wouldn’t hold that against him. And I’m a firm believer that employees of NCFC should be able to retort in a such a manner if it’s called for - if you’re of such a sensitive nature don’t ask a question that could provoke such a reaction and get all butt hurt over it. No one likes an a55 licker towing a company line, which is probably why I really like Neil Warnock ha ha. Anyway, regardless, the man brought Wes to Carrow Rd and that will always be my abiding memory of him. Thank you, Glenn!