Sign in to follow this  
Hucks6

Glenn Roeder

5 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

And yet you felt it appropriate to do exactly the same... 

"Not a big fan of his by any stretch"

What a vile hipocrite you are. 

Was about to say - you need to quote the entire post. Not just what suits your agenda. 

Lets not make this thread, about someones passing into something lacking respect, what ever anyones personal views are. 

• Like 2

RIP Glenn Roeder.

Part of our history, good or bad. Wes Hoolahan was probably the catalyst for much of the good bits as we made our way back into the Premier League.

23 minutes ago, king canary said:

Very sad- 65 is too young.

It also isn't that hard to remember anything good from his time here. We were bottom when he took over and at one point looked like an outside bet for the play offs. That first half a season was actually really good fun.

And the club was generally in a bit of a mess at that time. He did well to get us out of trouble. RIP.

Wish his family well, obviously a tough time; would be hypocritical if I said anything positive about his time at city, there is anything positive to say. RIP

48 minutes ago, daisy said:

Sorry, can't remember anything good about his time here. 

You really don't get it do you? 

Wasn't it also you who posted on the thread of Maradona's death something along the lines of:

'Respect? Once a cheat always a cheat' 

A human has DIED. Social etiquette usually dictates that you try to be a bit respectful of the deceased - especially when their supposed 'crimes' or 'failings' are merely sport-related. No one is trying to make out Roeder was great for us, they are just paying their respects to another human being - there is far more to life than football. But clearly all of that is lost on you, you already showed that RE Maradona. 

RIP Glenn Roeder and thank you for giving us Wes!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, king canary said:

It also isn't that hard to remember anything good from his time here. We were bottom when he took over and at one point looked like an outside bet for the play offs. That first half a season was actually really good fun.

I remember Leroy Lita? I think it was. Scoring a hattrick against someone. There were some good games at a certain point.

But yeah, didn't come across as a nice bloke and fans never warmed to him and the way it ended is certainly what most will remember.

Rest in peace Glen. Condolences to his family.

• Like 1

Just now, hogesar said:

I remember Leroy Lita? I think it was. Scoring a hattrick against someone. There were some good games at a certain point.

But yeah, didn't come across as a nice bloke and fans never warmed to him and the way it ended is certainly what most will remember.

Rest in peace Glen. Condolences to his family.

Wolves I think?

1 hour ago, daisy said:

Don't post on a condolences thread then you nasty person.

RIP Glenn.

• Like 2

Also signing Martin 'tiny' Taylor who looked like the best central defender we'd had since Malky and scored a wonderful header v Ipswich to rescue a point. Then the board cheaped out and refused to pay an extra £250k for him (according to Birmingham) and we never looked the same.

65 is too young for anyone to die, of course. 

And during those 65 years of his life he was our manager for 14.5 months. A very small percentage.  

I think he enjoyed success as a player and most of his managerial appointments.  

You don't get to be an England coach without having some credibility. 

It didn't work out here,  for whatever reason, some appointments don't, but now / this thread is not the time or place.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, king canary said:

I'm pretty sure the 2-0 win against Ipswich, where Lee Croft scored a screamer and Matty Pattison also smashed one in near the end was under Roeder off the top of my head. It was my first East Anglian derby so I certainly have good memories of that game!

39 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

And yet you felt it appropriate to do exactly the same... 

"Not a big fan of his by any stretch"

What a vile hipocrite you are. 

Bizarre comment and way to take something out of context. 

After honestly acknowledging not being a fan of his career, the poster then went on to express his sympathies. Unlike the person he was replying to.

Rip Glenn, thanks for keeping us up that year and for Wes. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pukki Blinders said:

I'm pretty sure the 2-0 win against Ipswich, where Lee Croft scored a screamer and Matty Pattison also smashed one in near the end was under Roeder off the top of my head. It was my first East Anglian derby so I certainly have good memories of that game!

Yes was one of the most memorable Roeder games, and his reaction to Crofts goal is worth a watch if you haven’t seen it. I was sat right behind crofts shot that day, was a fantastic strike in an otherwise meh sort of game.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, king canary said:

Also signing Martin 'tiny' Taylor who looked like the best central defender we'd had since Malky and scored a wonderful header v Ipswich to rescue a point. Then the board cheaped out and refused to pay an extra £250k for him (according to Birmingham) and we never looked the same.

This memory hurts me in my bones.

• Like 1

Really sad news, so sorry to hear this.

One of my favourite memories of Glenn was after Lee Croft scored his 30-yard wonder goal against Ipswich, the camera panned to him and he just pulled this really funny face, putting his knuckles over his chin and grinning like a naughty schoolboy.

Some of the comments on this thread are really disappointing; everybody knows it wasn't a successful time for the club when Glenn was our manager, but he still represented this club for more than a year and did the best he could for us in an incredibly difficult time.

Don Hutchison commented about him, as he managed Don at West Ham. When Don's father was dying, Glenn told him to drive to Newcastle immediately to spend time with him, and spent five hours on the phone with him during his journey up there. Rest in peace, Glenn.

• Like 5

Though doesn’t have the Roeder reaction when Croft scores which is hilarious

Edited by Fiery Zac
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, daisy said:

Thats slightly harsh.

We should remember that he took over a disastrous spell from Peter Grant and a team incredibly low on morale and steadied the ship in his first season here including a 14 game unbeaten run. In that first season he brought in some decent loan signings as well as a good coach in Lee Clark to steer us clear to safety.

Yes , the second season was a poor one where he appeared to fall out with people around the club and set the seeds for relegation when Gunn took over.....but the first season had some good moments

This is quite a shock and very sad indeed

Rip Glenn Roeder

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

7 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Though doesn’t have the Roeder reaction when Croft scores which is hilarious

God I miss the Gary Doherty 'cuddling machine' (see first five seconds of the video). Guy just wanted hugs all the bloody time.

I seem to remember that he'd been diagnosed with a tumour, & operated on, before he arrived here. I also seem to remember it being said that his character had been affected by his condition. Worth bearing in mind when you judge him.

R.I.P. Glenn

1 hour ago, NeymarSmith said:

Rip glen roeder.

Was part of a the most difficult part of our modern history.

Can we remember some of his best games, best and worst signings and some of his best sayings... I'm sure radio Norfolk had a little snipit of him as a feature?

Simply answering to the above, before today most of you couldn`t care less about the guy, now all of a sudden many of you respect him. Be honest with yourselves.

2 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

What a goal that was

Such a strange time as a Norwich fan. I remember Crofts getting POTS and lots of talk of it being a fix to try and convince him to sign a new contract.

7 minutes ago, daisy said:

Simply answering to the above, before today most of you couldn`t care less about the guy, now all of a sudden many of you respect him. Be honest with yourselves.

I hope your funeral is handled with a similar degree of class, please put my name down for delivering your eulogy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kingston Yellow said:

Well said. And the general hypocrisy on this thread is too much for my taste. 

You think vile is an appropriate word? We are all hypocrites in some way so that is hardly an insult. But vile is OTT.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

What a goal that was

Was this by any chance the 1st derby after Evans bought the Scum when they came here waving their wads of money at us ? 

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

A good player but not much of a manager. Sad news and far too young. RIP Glen.

Yes, I saw him play many times at QPR and he was very skillful with his special tricks....  RIP Glenn......   far too young