Sign in to follow this  
Petriix

6 more wins

That's all we need. 6 wins and a couple of draws takes us to 90 points. Watford would need 10 wins (or 9 with 3 draws), similar from Swansea, albeit with another two games in hand. Brentford need 8 or 9 wins.

I can see one of those teams doing it, but not two. Third place is likely to be around 85 points.

We can afford to drop points in half our remaining games. Incredibly, after Brentford, we have 7 games in a row against currently bottom-half teams. We could well find ourselves on or around 90 points before our final 5 fixtures, even if we lose to the Bees.

We've been excellent at consistently picking up the points against the lower teams, with just a couple of blips. We're incredibly close to getting over the line. One final push required.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Petriix said:

That's all we need. 6 wins and a couple of draws takes us to 90 points. Watford would need 10 wins (or 9 with 3 draws), similar from Swansea, albeit with another two games in hand. Brentford need 8 or 9 wins.

I can see one of those teams doing it, but not two. Third place is likely to be around 85 points.

We can afford to drop points in half our remaining games. Incredibly, after Brentford, we have 7 games in a row against currently bottom-half teams. We could well find ourselves on or around 90 points before our final 5 fixtures, even if we lose to the Bees.

We've been excellent at consistently picking up the points against the lower teams, with just a couple of blips. We're incredibly close to getting over the line. One final push required.

Love it Petrix, it is there for us now, PL in ground next season.😀😀😀

• Like 1

Luckily Daniel Farke won't have the same mindset, but I agree! If we beat Brentford then I think, with our fixtures, that should be it. 

As you mention, we have ground out the results in a fairly controlled manner and it doesn't look like that's going to change any time soon. 

Its looking good but still a way to go before we can relax. Every game for me is a bit nervy and I have to keep telling myself that we have never let it go once we get into our stride. I think under the bed and behind the sofa may get used a bit more before this is all over.😀

• Haha 1

Got to be honest, I don't have any nervousness over this at all, just can't see this being blown. In my mind I'm already looking forward to the Manchesters, Liverpool etc. I appreciate, and fully agree that isn't and shouldn't be Farkes mindset. 

3 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Got to be honest, I don't have any nervousness over this at all, just can't see this being blown. In my mind I'm already looking forward to the Manchesters, Liverpool etc. I appreciate, and fully agree that isn't and shouldn't be Farkes mindset. 

You are probably right but I shan't celebrate until its in the bag.

I tend to think this will be a season where three sides might end up on over 90 points, so 21 points still needed. 
Watford, Brentford and Us have the quality and players to run five or six game winning streak quite easily.

Beat Brentford and that should be good, lose and suddenly we’re a little uncomfortable again!

Should add that we play, Brentford, Watford, Reading and Bournemouth at home so four tough games but all at Carrow Road.

Edited by Indy

My point is more that we don't have to worry about the odd draw or defeat; not that the players can relax. We just need to win half our remaining games. Avoiding defeat against Brentford would be a huge step, but it's not a massive blow if we do lose given the run of fixtures that follow.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Indy said:

I tend to think this will be a season where three sides might end up on over 90 points, so 21 points still needed. 
Watford, Brentford and Us have the quality and players to run five or six game winning streak quite easily.

Beat Brentford and that should be good, lose and suddenly we’re a little uncomfortable again!

I am not sure that it has ever happened that 3 teams get 90 plus. I think Brighton got 89 about five years ago but third place average is usually about 85 points.

5 minutes ago, ricardo said:

You are probably right but I shan't celebrate until its in the bag.

And rightly so Ricky, I'll have to put up with a lot of crap at work if we mess this up the way I've been banging on since about Christmas 😁

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

And rightly so Ricky, I'll have to put up with a lot of crap at work if we mess this up the way I've been banging on since about Christmas 😁

The odds are well in our favour but you can never take this league for granted.

Having said that, things do seem set fair.👍

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Indy said:

Agree with all that.

It will take more than 88 to guarantee our promotion this season I feel.

13 minutes ago, Indy said:

Should add that we play, Brentford, Watford, Reading and Bournemouth at home so four tough games but all at Carrow Road.

Watford would have to win 10 of their remaining 13 games to get to 90 points. Have you seen who they have to play?

Swansea would either need 10 wins a a draw from 15 or 9 wins and 4 draws

Both of them  are not on top, flowing form. They have to play each other also. I would happily give Nutty £50 for the CSF if 3 teams get 90 points this season. 

• Like 2

I don't see 3rd place getting 90 points at all, I know they beat us but Swansea aren't good enough to keep up, Watford not consistent enough. 

My guess is 84 points maximum, gets a top 2 spot this season. 

And most of the squad were in this position two years ago. So they know how to handle the pressure. 

Edited by City fan
Typo

We shall see guys, Watford have a fairly easy run coming up, then again is there an easy game in this league?

As I said might be not in my opinion, just said that there are a few teams who could easily put a decent run together.

To get to 90 points:

NCFC - 20 points from 13 games, 1.54 PPG (W6, D2, L5)

BFC - 27 points from 13 games, 2.08 PPG (W8, D3, L2)

WFC - 30 points from 13 games, 2.31 PPG (W9, D3, L1)

SCFC - 31 points from 15 games, 2.07 PPG (W9, D4, L2)

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Indy said:

We shall see guys, Watford have a fairly easy run coming up, then again is there an easy game in this league?

As I said might be not in my opinion, just said that there are a few teams who could easily put a decent run together.

Agreed, a decent run is in most of the teams, but not enough for 3 teams to get 90 points plus. It's about all the remaining fixtures that makes me say that, not just a good run. Watford have a really tough last 6 games. That's the business end of the season, where pressure really comes into play.

57 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Its looking good but still a way to go before we can relax. Every game for me is a bit nervy and I have to keep telling myself that we have never let it go once we get into our stride. I think under the bed and behind the sofa may get used a bit more before this is all over.😀

Relax man. 

4 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Agreed, a decent run is in most of the teams, but not enough for 3 teams to get 90 points plus. It's about all the remaining fixtures that makes me say that, not just a good run. Watford have a really tough last 6 games. That's the business end of the season, where pressure really comes into 

3 of Watfords last 4 games are. Us, Brentford & Swansea

Just now, Move Klose said:

3 of Watfords last 4 games are. Us, Brentford & Swansea

Yep and Brentford and us are away games for Watford, and they have a poor away record as well. Yesterday they looked ordinary against a previously out of sorts Bournemouth. 

With Buendia on what seems a ‘mission’ can’t see any stopping us!    That lad is just something else!     Without him, would we even have this thread? 

Be surprised if the very best don’t come after him this summer!    

20 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Is Troy Deeney still coming for us 🤔

You may say Troy's a dreamer, but he's not the only one.. 

Edited by Chelm Canary
  • Haha 1