Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Anis Mehmeti

Intrigued to know the story with him- seemed to be a relative unknown in the youth team (certainly not a name we were told to watch out for), spent the last season here on loan to a team in the Essex Senior League, now a regular in the championship. 

Fair play to the lad.

Just now, king canary said:

Intrigued to know the story with him- seemed to be a relative unknown in the youth team (certainly not a name we were told to watch out for), spent the last season here on loan to a team in the Essex Senior League, now a regular in the championship. 

Fair play to the lad.

Yes I’d never heard of him but good to see him playing at this level. As context I think they said this is Wycombe’s first time in the Championship?

• Like 1

Not sure why the commentary team were making such a big deal of it, I'd never heard of him until today, and from what I saw its clear why we released him. 

Good luck to the lad, but I suspect after Wycombes last 13 games of the season, he'll never be seen at this level again. 

6 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Not sure why the commentary team were making such a big deal of it, I'd never heard of him until today, and from what I saw its clear why we released him. 

Good luck to the lad, but I suspect after Wycombes last 13 games of the season, he'll never be seen at this level again. 

The way they talked about him you would think he was some kind of player who had played here for years, soon as I heard his name all I could think was 'who?'

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

The way they talked about him you would think he was some kind of player who had played here for years, soon as I heard his name all I could think was 'who?'

The lads that come through our Academy have a huge affiliation to the club, they are I think mentioned in the "flown the nest"?

Its huge for them if they are released and to get the chance to try and prove somebody wrong, whoever that somebody may be, is a mssive thing. I thought he did well and good luck to him.

Edited by Van wink
  • Like 2

I thought he looked a decent player today, comfortable in championship but just not up to the level we have reached in last few years.

good on him for surviving the disappointment of being released and working hard to get to Wycombe and now the championship 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Van wink said:

The lads that come through our Academy have a huge affiliation to the club, they are I think mentioned in the "flown the nest"?

Its huge for them if they are released and to get the chance to try and prove somebody wrong, whoever that somebody may be, is a mssive thing. I thought he did well and good luck to him.

Massive to him personally maybe, not sure why the commentary team thought their audience would hold more interest than them simply mentioning. You'd have thought it was someone like RvW coming back to try and prove a point the way they were banging on about it. 

Not a bad player and probably should have scored with his chance in the first half. 

I think the Skipp push on him was just outside the box, but he was unluckly to get nothing. 

3 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

Not a bad player and probably should have scored with his chance in the first half. 

I think the Skipp push on him was just outside the box, but he was unluckly to get nothing. 

Left foot, ball dropping over the shoulder volley / half volley?  Blimey, that's some high expectations for the championship.

I scored one of them once, in a pub 5 side a team.  Still talk about it to this day, much to everyone's annoyance.

33 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Still young, could easily play in Championship again.  Grant Holt joined us at 28 in L1, or something like that...

I didn't realise his agent was a member of the forum. 

Touchy. 

I did say he wasn't a bad player. 

Edited by Chelm Canary

1 minute ago, Chelm Canary said:

I didn't realise his agent was a member of the forum. 

Touchy. 

Me? Disagreement automatically equals touchy?  Okey dokey.

2 minutes ago, Orly said:

Still young, could easily play in Championship again.  Grant Holt joined us at 28 in L1, or something like that...

Good luck to him if he does, but there's not a single other squad in the Championship he'd get in based on what I saw today. 

I was amazed Holt had never played at a higher level years before we signed him, I'd be suggesting him as a signing for years before we actually did. 

12 minutes ago, Orly said:

Me? Disagreement automatically equals touchy?  Okey dokey.

I still think he should have scored. 

His movement was decent and got himself in and behind on a few occasions.