Alex Moss

Brentford predictions

Got to admire them bless them. They watch us on Sky and make comments that we’re not all that even with Wycombe sticking 11 players behind the ball. Bit of a backbone after their storming win against Stoke. Must have forgot their previous 3 defeats against ‘the big boys’ of The Championship

Edited by Ekoku: The Ambassador Of The People
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Us and Brentford automatic, Barnsley through the playoffs would be just great. Wouldn't mind seeing Reading go up either.

Nah not Reading for me. Such a soulless nothing club.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Us and Brentford automatic, Barnsley through the playoffs would be just great. Wouldn't mind seeing Reading go up either.

What a story that would be if it was those 3.

The PL elite would be most put out I'm sure 😆

Against Brentford i think the odds of us winning increase significantly with Cantwell back... he's dropping deeper a lot recently to help control the game. Admittedly i have no idea if that's likely...

19 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Nah not Reading for me. Such a soulless nothing club.

Kind of agree, but I like an underdog and I think they've played really well this season (plus I backed them when everyone else said they were going to fall away, so I would like to be vindicated!).

28 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Agreed

1 hour ago, Crafty Canary said:

Let’s not get carried away here. Brentford remind me of us when we won the Championship - concede regularly but score even more so. 
A win is obviously the desired result but a draw would benefit us much more than them. I doubt there will be much in it goal wise between the two sides and our defence will be tested alright.

I agree with a lot you say here, Crafty, but it’s not for you to tell me whether my prediction is unrealistic or not. In my opinion, a 4-1 outcome would not surprise me at all and that’s what I think it will be, especially if Cantwell is back. Brentford are getting hunted down, and anyone who thinks they will park the bus I feel might be in for a surprise. A draw would not hurt us at all, but 3 points to them is vital, and for that reason, the onus will be on them to open up. And opening up against a team with our quality up front is why I think there’s every chance we will knock several past them, as opposed to your 11 men behind the ball teams which naturally makes for games with less chances.

They are nothing special whatsoever. Teams beat them by pressing high as their defence is nothing to shout about. Their keeper has a mistake in him under pressure and their cb Pinnock seems to be the one who players target as the weak link. Plus with it being on Sky again whats the betting Canos will want to ‘get one over his old club’ and ‘have a point to prove’ even though he left many moons ago🙄

Edited by Ekoku: The Ambassador Of The People

32 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Us and Bees!

It's like having a pet 🐕🐝

If Norwich go up who would like to join us? I appreciate it’s a hard question as you’ll see a negative in the question. 

13 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

If Norwich go up who would like to join us? I appreciate it’s a hard question as you’ll see a negative in the question. 

I have no preference really. They are all our rivals and your bees are up next.

Maybe the team that would damage our closest rivals most by doing it...

17 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Brentford and Barnsley.

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I have no preference really. They are all our rivals and your bees are up next.

Maybe the team that would damage our closest rivals most by doing it...

I’m a proper West Londoner my old mate. Still wouldn’t mind them joining us though.

If Cantwell is playing then I think we'll win, without him though I think it could genuinely go either way, but it will be really tight. We certainly have nothing to fear though!

Brentford can only play one way, a bit like us really. A score draw for me, possibly 2-2.

Will be interesting to see how we perform against a footballing side who are probably good enough for the Premier League.

Just hope Cantwell is available, we really missed him today.

I think this is a good time to play each other and a draw would be another good result for us. I would usually fancy us in this type of game but it appears to be going all too swimmingly well for us at the moment and the Norwich way is to make it more tense than needed so can see Brentford sneaking it.

I do think if we beat them on Wednesday then I think it might just break the teams behind us as they will know they are effectively going for one place. As an addition the confidence going into a busy March spell for us might make some tired bodies rejuvenate 

We have had some scrappy games lately and recon this will be different as I recon this scrap will be  Brentford 2 Norwich 1.

Thankfully, 2 years ago, Daniel Farke and the lads rocked up at Elland Rd ready to prove a point that they were the best team in the Championship. There was absolutely no way they were going to be accepting of a point before kick off, and we weren’t coming out of that game with anything less than a convincing 3 points. 90 minutes later, mission accomplished. For all the excitement of say the Forest and Millwall games that season, I think it was that game at Elland Rd that was my favourite for so many reasons. Am so looking forward to this game on Wednesday, I have complete faith the lads at least won’t be going into this thinking ‘well, you never know, I hope we can get a point!’. We’re way better than that 👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Amanda T said:

We have had some scrappy games lately and recon this will be different as I recon this scrap will be  Brentford 2 Norwich 1.

Yep, terribly scrappy these last 5 - scored 12, conceded 2!

18 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Brentford can only play one way, a bit like us really. A score draw for me, possibly 2-2.

Will be interesting to see how we perform against a footballing side who are probably good enough for the Premier League.

Just hope Cantwell is available, we really missed him today.

Wait, you think we're good enough for the Premier League?

This is all pointless. All games are meaningless. Everybody knows that Troy Deeney decides the league placings at the end of the season.

Edited by Michael Starr
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1