Alex Moss

Brentford predictions

Greatest respect to Norwich.  You are top on merit over the season to date.  My contrasting view to some above is that this is not a season defining game for the Bees tonight,  I see it as a bit of free hit for us.  Win and we close the gap a litlle; lose and we have plenty of games to fight it out with the teams below us for what will likeley be the one remaining automatic place as we have to avoid the palyoffs at all costs.

Would much rather you go up anyway rather than those Hertfordshire lot or the strange breed from West Wales who seem to have developed an irrational hatred for us for reasons that defy understanding.

I hope at least it is not a repeat of the horror show on my last visit with the drubbing we got then. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jakarta Bee said:

Greatest respect to Norwich.  You are top on merit over the season to date.  My contrasting view to some above is that this is not a season defining game for the Bees tonight,  I see it as a bit of free hit for us.  Win and we close the gap a litlle; lose and we have plenty of games to fight it out with the teams below us for what will likeley be the one remaining automatic place as we have to avoid the palyoffs at all costs.

Would much rather you go up anyway rather than those Hertfordshire lot or the strange breed from West Wales who seem to have developed an irrational hatred for us for reasons that defy understanding.

I hope at least it is not a repeat of the horror show on my last visit with the drubbing we got then. 

I think a lot of us would like to see Norwich and Brentford as the automatically promoted clubs.

12 minutes ago, Jakarta Bee said:

Thanks - 

I see it as more of a Brentford need something night.

Norwich win - We'll be 10 clear and barring disaster could start to hear the fat lady. Brentford will have both Watford and Swansea onn them in a dog fight for 2nd spot.

Draw - Suits Norwich but again drags Brentford into Watford / Swansea dog fight.

Bee's win - Excellent news for the Bee's but not a disaster for us assuming it's not a no show.  

So overall the Canaries need to play like an assured Prem Team whereas the Bee's need something from this and could get picked off as often happened to us last season.

Should be fun!

Good luck anyway (after tonight)

Edited by Yellow Fever

44 minutes ago, Jakarta Bee said:

I'll disagree with you. We really really could do with a win.  Any chance to nudge ourselves away from the others would be a massive advantage.  It's a free hit for Norwich though.  Tonight is all about how the managers set their team's mentality.  If Norwich feel it's a free hit, they could play with more freedom.  Ourselves, we might well keep it tight, which will be to our advantage, as we tend to do well on the counter with our pace.  If Norwich treat us with respect, then it's ourselves who could get caught out.

In any case, best two teams in the division playing tonight.  Going to be a 4-4 draw.

Brentford fan here. Came on to say that you deserved the win today. 

I was watching some of the predictions on either messageboard before the game and laughed to myself. 4-1, 0-4 etc.  Wouldn't swap that about fandom. 

There were a couple of moments which could've changed the game ( Canos fluff, Toney half chance, and potential foul on Pinnock in the area which i'd need to see back) but generally, it was a great display from you, and the quality was clear to see. 

We might be seperate in points now, but i'm sure we share the same joy of our teams doing well in the current climate of the world. A little ray of light.

Enjoy the rest of the campaign and I hope we play you twice next season.

• Like 2

Fair dues TFH. Wish you the very best for the rest of the season, it'd be great for us both to be upsetting the PL pundits next year! 

39 minutes ago, ThomasFranksHair said:

Brentford fan here. Came on to say that you deserved the win today. 

I was watching some of the predictions on either messageboard before the game and laughed to myself. 4-1, 0-4 etc.  Wouldn't swap that about fandom. 

There were a couple of moments which could've changed the game ( Canos fluff, Toney half chance, and potential foul on Pinnock in the area which i'd need to see back) but generally, it was a great display from you, and the quality was clear to see. 

We might be seperate in points now, but i'm sure we share the same joy of our teams doing well in the current climate of the world. A little ray of light.

Enjoy the rest of the campaign and I hope we play you twice next season.

I was actually told that 4-1 was an ‘unrealistic’ prediction, but in truth, that scoreline could quite easily have happened tonight. I think in fairness you should have had a penalty at the end, I know we would have felt very hard done by had we not have got it, but I think had that have ended 1-1 it would have been incredibly unjust. Not great fun for you this evening so credit for being so gracious, best of luck to you sir.

A champions performance from us tonight, looked so comfortable in the second half. Emi pure class, Pukki a constant nuisance. One foot in the prem.

I do hope Brentford join us, they're an easy club to like - love the way they're run.