Alex Moss

Brentford predictions

A lot of their fans predicting a win for them and a few going with draws. None of them think they’ll get beaten. Personal fav of mine is from one poster who claims they are the best in the league by default. Think he’s probably related to Paul Merson. I must be looking at a poorly dated table when i see us top 7 clear. 

3 minutes ago, Ekoku: The Ambassador Of The People said:

A lot of their fans predicting a win for them and a few going with draws. None of them think they’ll get beaten. Personal fav of mine is from one poster who claims they are the best in the league by default. Think he’s probably related to Paul Merson. I must be looking at a poorly dated table when i see us top 7 clear. 

Rank naïveté, ETAOTP. You forget, the most important points are the ones you’re yet to pick up

• Like 1

Brentford have got way above their station. A solid, quite attractive Championship team over the last few years who have found whole new ways to avoid getting promoted, delusional fans who think they have the best goalkeeper, midfielder and striker in the league, and a manager who is so smarmy with the kind of face which needs rearranging......they are the new Leeds.

I'd love to murder them and put them back where they belong - a long way behind us. On a more realistic level we'll win 1-0. 

Watford to claim the second spot behind us - we might even manage to lose our home game with them to ensure it happens - and Swansea to win the playoffs, condemning "the best team in the league" to yet another season in the Championship.

By the way we can then buy Ivan Toney (£20m) from them  as Pukki's replacement plus David Brooks (£10m) and Danjuma (£10m) from Bournemouth as Cantwell (£30m) and Buendia's (£40m), banking the balance of £30m. 

Thank you, I'm done now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not optimistic about this one. We haven;t really done ourselves justice in most of the games against fellow promotion candidates this season and Brentford have the quality/goals in them to punish us for the sort of chances we seem to routinely present to the opposition even when winning games. we will need to take less risks and keep it tighter at the back. However, if we do play to our potential then we definitely have enough about us to beat them. 

41 minutes ago, Ekoku: The Ambassador Of The People said:

Well, I have to say credit where credits due, Ekoku, at least Brentford supporters have actually got the balls to back their team. Their defence is nothing special at all whereas ours is very decent, and I have 110% faith Teemu, Emi, and hopefully Todd, are about to expose it on Wednesday night. 

Oh what a glorious thing to be 

A healthy, grown up, busy-busy bee 

Whiling away the passing hours 

Pinching all the pollen from the cauliflowers...

Norwich 4-0

Pukki Hat-Trick 

Toney learning the contents of Big Grant's pocket...

💛💚💪

Edited by nutty nigel
  • Haha 1

Been reading through their predictions thread and it appears the majority of them are incredibly confident of a win, which is fair enough as you obviously have confidence in your own team, as we do. Our fans are certainly paying them far more respect than what they are to us though. Maybe that’s just a Londoner thing! This was a particular favourite comment 

“A difficult game for Norwich ..... HOW do they approach it? ....A draw would be a VERY good result for them .... so, they'll be looking to not concede early on.
Which means we'll be on the offensive and hoping to grab a goal .... if we do, (and I think we will), they will have to come forward, giving us more opportunities to counter-attack and which might suit us better....so, I'm sticking with 0 - 2 ....as the main difference is that we will 'want it' more!” 

I think it will be an incredibly tough and tight game with the result likely being a draw. But let’s go for a positive 2-1 to us 

Both teams are capable of giving the other a beating. Which one will, or if it ends up a sterile 0-0, I haven’t the foggiest. League position, being 7 points clear, at home and harder to score against make Norwich favourites but if the favourites always won where would the fun of football be?

The only really silly comment is the one about getting Toney for £20m. Come on, he’s matched Watkins’s goals with a dozen games to go while chipping in 9 assists so what part of that makes him worth £13m less than him and less even than we got for Maupay the season before?

9 minutes ago, aBee said:

Both teams are capable of giving the other a beating. Which one will, or if it ends up a sterile 0-0, I haven’t the foggiest. League position, being 7 points clear, at home and harder to score against make Norwich favourites but if the favourites always won where would the fun of football be?

The only really silly comment is the one about getting Toney for £20m. Come on, he’s matched Watkins’s goals with a dozen games to go while chipping in 9 assists so what part of that makes him worth £13m less than him and less even than we got for Maupay the season before?

I admit the tongue was firmly in the cheek - but you got way over the odds for Watkins from a desperate team with too much money and no negotiating ability in a very different market. Benrama was the better player and you got £8m less, and only then because West Ham had to make it permanent in order to bring in Lindgard, who has taken his place. No promotion and Toney will be off, and you won't get what you got for Watkins - though he probably won't be coming to Norwich in all honesty!

50 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

I admit the tongue was firmly in the cheek - but you got way over the odds for Watkins from a desperate team with too much money and no negotiating ability in a very different market. Benrama was the better player and you got £8m less, and only then because West Ham had to make it permanent in order to bring in Lindgard, who has taken his place. No promotion and Toney will be off, and you won't get what you got for Watkins - though he probably won't be coming to Norwich in all honesty!

Given Watkins has outscored Rashford and Sterling most Villa fans I know think they got a good deal. Smith obviously knew what he was getting having managed him a season and a bit. I suspect if Villa didn’t have Grealish they’d have outbid West Ham for Benrahma. Particularly as Moyes wants him to do more defensive work and hasn’t played him in the freer forward role he had with us. But even in a team giving him that role he’d have needed to improve his defensive work rate, which is probably another reason he went for less as a player who still had some development ahead whereas Watkins ‘’merely” had to step up to the higher level, which perhaps is overstated a jump given how well Bamford has done.  

I think both would have stayed had we gone up and we’d have made a better fist of the PL this season than Fulham or WBA. Oh well  

I’m hoping we don’t find out how much Toney goes for because we’ve gone up and not sold him!

59 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Brentford won't sell Toney for anything less than £30m.  They will probably not have much difficulty getting more than that.  There will be a few PL clubs queuing up to sign him in the summer.

On 28/02/2021 at 14:41, Feedthewolf said:

They're an excellent side with a really good setup. I don't think there's anything wrong with having a bit of admiration for the way they're set up. I'd much rather see them go up than the clown car that is Watford.

bees.jpg.37a110b3fbd5a63d46f354ef66c4bd22.jpg They worry me a lot

• Haha 1

I’d take a point now. We saw how easily Swansea swept us aside and Brentford have serious potency in attack. Given how shaky we are at the back I can’t see them scoring less than 3 so we’ll need to stop spurning chances if we’re going to scrape a point from this one. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Duncan Edwards said:

I’d take a point now. We saw how easily Swansea swept us aside and Brentford have serious potency in attack. Given how shaky we are at the back I can’t see them scoring less than 3 so we’ll need to stop spurning chances if we’re going to scrape a point from this one. 

I just hope we’re still in contention after the first 4 or 5 minutes, Duncs, if we can steady the ship and play with Norfolk burning heart and fire and soul I see no reason why we can’t be in it right until the very end, and with some good fortune and the footballing gods on our side, finish the game with a very respectable, tight 6-1 loss. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, JF said:

Been reading through their predictions thread and it appears the majority of them are incredibly confident of a win, which is fair enough as you obviously have confidence in your own team, as we do. Our fans are certainly paying them far more respect than what they are to us though. Maybe that’s just a Londoner thing! This was a particular favourite comment 

“A difficult game for Norwich ..... HOW do they approach it? ....A draw would be a VERY good result for them .... so, they'll be looking to not concede early on.
Which means we'll be on the offensive and hoping to grab a goal .... if we do, (and I think we will), they will have to come forward, giving us more opportunities to counter-attack and which might suit us better....so, I'm sticking with 0 - 2 ....as the main difference is that we will 'want it' more!” 

I think it will be an incredibly tough and tight game with the result likely being a draw. But let’s go for a positive 2-1 to us 

A draw would be a VERY good result for us? Hahahaha, brilliant. A draw for us would be a massive disappointment, some of us expect way better than a plucky draw against the mighty Brentford. Has this goon not seen the table, the points difference, and who’s hot on their heels?

There is only one team that has to go for it, and if any of you remember a certain game on the last day of the season away at Fulham some years back, then that’s EXACTLY why I’m super confident we’re going to put a bunch past them.

There is absolutely zero reason why it will be a tight cagey 1-1. It’s them that need to open up and attack, and you don’t do that against the leagues most in form striker and attacking mid without retribution. 

Edited by Alex Moss

4 hours ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

Brentford won't sell Toney for anything less than £30m.  They will probably not have much difficulty getting more than that.  There will be a few PL clubs queuing up to sign him in the summer.

I doubt that, but you never know. I think things have changed financially for a few years and one season scoring goals in the Championship may not be enough to persuade anyone to part with £30m. If it were that easy we'd have had similar offers for Pukki in 2019 - we didn't.

I know several Brentford fans and they certainly aren’t confident of a win.  I think both sides wouldn’t be too unhappy if it was a draw, but as things stand they need the win more than we do.  

6 hours ago, sgncfc said:

Are you winding the bee up!!!    Watkins has been brilliant for Villa this season, plenty of goals and linked the play, but he’s been a handful and led the line superbly!    Been well impressed and wouldn’t be surprised if he’s in Southgate’s thinking!    

I'm really worried that without 27,000 fans pushing the team on, we may find this game is a bridge too far in our season.... and once the player's confidence goes, we'll be lucky to reach the playoffs. 

Oh sorry, wrong forum... meant to put that post in the other team's down the road... .

Edited by Surfer

There was a great team called the bees

Whose new striker was pulling up trees

But with emi and pukki

And deflections quite flukey

Its a 2 nil win for the canaries

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Well, I have to say credit where credits due, Ekoku, at least Brentford supporters have actually got the balls to back their team. Their defence is nothing special at all whereas ours is very decent, and I have 110% faith Teemu, Emi, and hopefully Todd, are about to expose it on Wednesday night. 

You’ve made it on to their message board btw. 

Brentford haven't looked as convincing of late, I think they're there for the taking. It'll be close, a draw is likely but I'm going 2-1 Norwich. 

10 minutes ago, Wardogz said:

Brentford haven't looked as convincing of late, I think they're there for the taking. It'll be close, a draw is likely but I'm going 2-1 Norwich. 

I think all teams are starting to show the pressure of so many games in too few weeks. It' now a bit of a war of attrition and a test of bloody minded determination and character to find a way to win and not concede however ugly. A win or points is all that matters now.

While Brentford are good, I cannot understand why some people are pessimistic. City have only lost 1 game at home all season - even without fans, home advantage can tell. 1-0 or 2-1 to Norwich in my opinion.

It's going to be tight, and I'd probably take a draw as long as we don't lose! I think we might nick it 2-1 though, I think the lads will probably be after redemption after the recent Swansea result

Depends which Brentford shows up, they seem to be great chasing but seem to go to pieces under pressure..

If they'd won one of their final two games last season they'd be in the Premiership now (they lost both of them), and their three game losing streak coincided with them going top.

Think Brentford will win, but it should be close and I'm more concerned about the seven games we have directly after that.