Alex Moss

Brentford predictions

Let’s not get carried away here. Brentford remind me of us when we won the Championship - concede regularly but score even more so. 
A win is obviously the desired result but a draw would benefit us much more than them. I doubt there will be much in it goal wise between the two sides and our defence will be tested alright.

• Like 1

Just now, Crafty Canary said:

Let’s not get carried away here. Brentford remind me of us when we won the Championship - concede regularly but score even more so. 
A win is obviously the desired result but a draw would benefit us much more than them. I doubt there will be much in it goal wise between the two sides and our defence will be tested alright.

This is a more realistic outcome. I think Brentford know that if they come at us all guns blazing we could bury them. I expect it to be tense and cagey, with Brentford trying to contain us first and foremost. A dull 0-0 draw would be absolutely fine; any kind of victory would be absolutely magnificent.

15 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I honestly think we’re going to batter them. 4-1 to us. Pukki x 2, Buendia, and Giannoulis.

We beat the Wycombe 2.0 Alex! This will be a still in the park😊

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

Beloved Brentford who are the best side in the league?

They're an excellent side with a really good setup. I don't think there's anything wrong with having a bit of admiration for the way they're set up. I'd much rather see them go up than the clown car that is Watford.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

They is goona 'ammer us 😉

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Calm down Nutty and stop the stirring 😂 enjoy the win and keep doing the charitable work. 

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

They're an excellent side with a really good setup. I don't think there's anything wrong with having a bit of admiration for the way they're set up. I'd much rather see them go up than the clown car that is Watford.

But best side in the league?

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

Calm down Nutty and stop the stirring 😂 enjoy the win and keep doing the charitable work. 

Weird 😯

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

But best side in the league?

Not for me, I think the table makes it quite obvious who are the best side in the league. I just admire the way they've cut their cloth, found some excellent players at really good value and have an excellent foreign manager who's taken his time to implement an attractive footballing philosophy. Sounds familiar?

Not for me, I think the table makes it quite obvious who are the best side in the league. I just admire the way they've cut their cloth, found some excellent players at really good value and have an excellent foreign manager who's taken his time to implement an attractive footballing philosophy. Sounds familiar?

But our stadium is bigger and more mature

I'd like to see them get a crack at the Premier League just for that, let alone the variety it would be that a club like Brentford (with no disrespect aimed at their stature in the past) would bring. They're a good side, well-run, play good stuff and are generally a credit to football.

Mind you, so are we.

Respect them, but we don't have to fear them. I can't see them hanging back that much as it would be such a departure from their usual high-octane and intelligent possession game, not to mention they'll have had a day's more rest than us. We'll need to be on point possession-wise in this one.

If anyone offered me a draw here before the game kicked off, I'd rip your hand off. I think we'll get at least that as well. I think another 1-1 draw.

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

There's nothing there to argue with.

My point both six games ago and today is that we're the best side in the league not beloved Brentford.

• Thanks 1

I think a 3_3 draw , the gloves will be off both sides going for it , but I'll be happy if that happens as it still gives a cushion , they should not be underrated 😁

22 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I’d have the same admiration for them that you do, Wolfie, if we as a club had any reason to admire them. Thanks to Stuart Webber etc, we don’t. 

Just now, Alex Moss said:

I’d have the same admiration for them that you do, Wolfie, if we as a club had any reason to admire them. Thanks to Stuart Webber etc, we don’t. 

They are good Alex, I don’t think they’ll beat us but I’d take a draw. 

I like Brentford, said so a few weeks ago, still say so now. As a club I think they deserve a go at the Premier league. However like I said before we are better than them, I fully expect us to show it on Wednesday. 

I do hope they come up with us, purely for the fact I think they'd come straight back down again, so that's one place less to avoid. 

• Like 1

I think we’d all take a draw as long as Swansea or Watford lose more points mid week.

I’d happily take a draw against any top 6 side. Don’t really have a clue at how this result will turn out though, as I think both us and Brentford stand a chance of winning this game. Will go for a 1-1 draw

20 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

You can still admire them for trying to play the right way; you don't have to think they're better than us to admire them. I have admiration for any club that sticks with their managers, develops talent and implements a sound and attractive footballing philosophy.

• Like 4

You can still admire them for trying to play the right way; you don't have to think they're better than us to admire them. I have admiration for any club that sticks with their managers, develops talent and implements a sound and attractive footballing philosophy.

Agree, they've been good to watch and personally I don't care what the press etc say about them, at the end of the day they are only as good as their results and they need more points.

Will they make it, who knows but I think I'd prefer them to go up with us than Watford or Swansea if we do go up.

1 minute ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Agree, they've been good to watch and personally I don't care what the press etc say about them, at the end of the day they are only as good as their results and they need more points.

Will they make it, who knows but I think I'd prefer them to go up with us than Watford or Swansea if we do go up.

Us and Brentford automatic, Barnsley through the playoffs would be just great. Wouldn't mind seeing Reading go up either.