Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Wycombe*****

Just now, kirku said:

The context of our league position, the number of points we've got, our underlying statistics, and the coaching team we've got in place.

It's hard to see how your suggestion that we "vary tactics" could "improve our team and make us more threatening" in the context of our performances and results this season.

Fair enough - I think we can we still improve, and adding variety would help.

Good on Idah for getting a goal, no doubt help his confidence and of course Placheta getting on late on returning to the team too.

Shame we still don't feel like we are out of 2nd gear, but end of the day 3 points is 3 points.

Massive, massive match coming up in three days..

1 minute ago, Newtopia said:

Fair enough - I think we can we still improve, and adding variety would help.

But our way of playing is currently our most effective. And it works. Game after game after game after game after game after game..

• Like 2

Just now, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Who are you actually talking to by the way? 

You're like a day-time TV version of JerryKerry.

I’m talking to the guy quoted

who are you?

Who gives a rat's **** about the performance at this stage of the season? All that matters is putting one more in the onion bag than the opposition now. Wycombe fought admirably and tried every trick in the book, but we had too much for them.

A potential ACN game done and dusted. Less pressure on the Brentford game. Well done City.👏

Just now, Making Plans said:

Onel is definitely Argos rather than John Lewis.

Can't stay on his feet, can't header and can't convert.

He's a speedy lump of muscle

Yet another win when there were moments toward the end when I bitmy nails.

Just poor finishing stopped that being the five some were predicting.

Just keep the wagons rolling for another 6 or 7 games and we can relax a bit more.

Case of job done against a team of lower league plodders. 

3 more days until the big one, win that and its pretty much game over. 

I’m hoping Onel saves his shooting boots for Wednesday. Good couple of chances but did look a threat. I think it’s a bit of a free hit for us on Wednesday. Can just go out and enjoy it. 

• Like 1

Good result but we really do need to be more clinical and put the game to bed early as we were so on top.

Can't complain though, I thought it might be a bit like this. We seem to have to always give opposition a chance (or two or three).

1 minute ago, NFN FC said:

He's a speedy lump of muscle

He can be frustrating, does a useful job, just lacks a little bit of composure

1 minute ago, WD40 said:

Subs this game showed how far down the pecking order Dowell is...

From what we've seen so far probably rightly so, wouldn't be surprised to see him moved on in the summer. 

2 minutes ago, Big O said:

I’m hoping Onel saves his shooting boots for Wednesday. Good couple of chances but did look a threat. I think it’s a bit of a free hit for us on Wednesday. Can just go out and enjoy it. 

I for one hope Cantwell is back, much as I love Onel. He's always come across as a top, top guy but he's rather similar to Adama Traore in which he's full of speed and musucle but hardly any real end product

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

2 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Subs this game showed how far down the pecking order Dowell is...

Don't think he will be here next season. Sold or loaned out.

Can't really understand the Dowell situation. I thought after Emi's yellow he would have come on. Am sure Farke will explain.....not that he has to

Wow, Emi is doing a post match interview, haven’t seen that before. English is much improved on the parade celebrations of two years ago

Well that was hard work.  Hope Cantwell fit for Wednesday, Onel very disappointing was hoping Skipp's acclaim mught do the trick.  Was cacking for last 15 after Emi booked.

Listening to Emi's post-match interview on Sky, it appears that he has a 'special room' where he keeps all his memorabilia.

😄

17 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

And the pinkun matchday posters fall silent once again

🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫

Watching the game on TV. I thought it was a recording of a practice game we had at The Walks against Kings Lynn reserves. !!!

Great result, off the back of the teams below us dropping points it was important to punish them for it. We are now in a situation where a draw on Wednesday would be a very respectable result (though I hope we put it on them, would be nice to get the plaudits for once).

In terms of the performance, we had to be patient as it was very clear they had no interest in pressing us at 0-0. I think we saw how much Cantwell is missed, Id have fancied him to get on the score sheet today looking at some of the chances. Hernandez was wasteful, though to be honest we could also say that about Emi's back post chance, so not fair to squarely blame One. Very happy for Idah, a crucial goal at the moment where Wycombe were sniffing around for an equaliser and we were not dealing with balls over the top very well. 

Really looking forward to Wednesday now, we've put ourselves in a fantastic position!

• Like 1