Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Wycombe*****

2 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

If Onel could finish reliably he wouldn't be here. 

Need to put this to bed soon. We're getting good crosses in, time for Hugill

I dont think its about him even being a good finisher- the two he missed today were sitters than plenty of wingers at this level would have taken.

1 minute ago, Banjoman said:

Emi booked for a fairly innocuous trip. Commentator reckons he's made "one tackle too many". It's our 4th foul conceded of the whole match according to BBC. 

None of Emi’s tackles were actually serious

Edited by Newtopia

I’m definitely not in the “sub Emi as soon as he gets a yellow” camp, but in this particular circumstance, GET HIM OFF!

• Haha 1

Just now, Nuff Said said:

I’m definitely not in the “sub Emi as soon as he gets a yellow” camp, but in this particular circumstance, GET HIM OFF!

Yeah. Honestly we can risk 10 minutes without him here we cant risk 3 games without him.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Brentford is massive. Cannot risk Emi

If we win today then Brentford is massive for them , but not for us. We could sacrifice Emi right now and not compromise anything

Although Emi's been booked he doesn't particularly look at risk of a second yellow. He is not looking at all wound up to me. 

That said, he is capable of a late tackle at any minute... 

Would it be a 3 game ban if he got a second too? Is it worth the risk to keep him on for 15 more mins?

1 minute ago, kirku said:

We're top of the league and have dominated a vast majority of the games we've played. Why do we need to "vary tactics" in that context?

Because it improves the team and makes us more threatening in the longer run.   I am not sure which context you are referring to.

Just now, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Would it be a 3 game ban if he got a second too? Is it worth the risk to keep him on for 15 more mins?

Not worth it in my view. Get him off. Especially with Todd a doubt for Weds

11 minutes ago, Van wink said:

5 changes in one go, he must be a pink un poster

🤣 post of the thread!

1 minute ago, Newtopia said:

Because it improves the team and makes us more threatening in the longer run.   I am not sure which context you are referring to.

The context of our league position, the number of points we've got, our underlying statistics, and the coaching team we've got in place.

It's hard to see how your suggestion that we "vary tactics" could "improve our team and make us more threatening" in the context of our performances and results this season.

1 minute ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Agreed, guess we're just nobody-pinkun-posters though 'ey! 😉 

Calm down, RandomPoster123

(That was never you, btw)

Edited by kirku
  • Haha 1

Just now, kirku said:

The context of our league position, the number of points we've got, our underlying statistics, and the coaching team we've got in place.

It's hard to see how your suggestion that we "vary tactics" could "improve our team and make us more threatening" in the context of our performances and results this season.

Fair enough - I think we can we still improve, and adding variety would help.

2 minutes ago, kirku said:

Fair enough - I think we can we still improve, and adding variety would help.

For a left back Giannoulis really has a poor awareness of where the sideline is. I've noticed this over the last few games, not just today