Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Wycombe*****

3 minutes ago, CanaryChris said:

Why have both Idah and hugill on the bench? Isn't steeps back in contention yet? 

Because Idah also plays out wide at times.

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Ikpeazu is an absoloute unit

Saw him play for Cambridge once, amazed he's playing at this level, he's a unit but not exactly skillful. 

13 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Ikpeazu is an absoloute unit

As is akinfenwa , I'm sure he come on in second half.

Edited by Canary dwarf

22 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hernandez starting despite Farke claming he was injured

hmmmm.png

Still, can't argue too much with the lineup. Odd to not see Mumba on the bench at least, but hopefuly back for Brentford.

Same as Thomas Frank at Brentford saying Toney was out for 3-4 weeks, two days later his playing.

Back to our line up, really happy Gibson is back, would have maybe changed Vrancic for Dowell.

16 minutes ago, lappinitup said:

Remarkable really that Anis Mehmeti starts today against the Norwich City first team, given his exit from their U18s at the end of last season.

He'll be quite keen to make impression then, but may be too keen....

19 minutes ago, CanaryChris said:

Why have both Idah and hugill on the bench? Isn't steeps back in contention yet? 

Played for  the U23s on Friday

• Like 1

Having just left St Andrews with 6 points recently, I'd think any fears of them being big and physical/ playing on a **** pitch should be abated.

Early goal is vital, the longer it sits at 0-0 the harder they will dig in.

14 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Can we not access this one via iFollow? Can't seem to find the video pass option.

If you don't have sky you can get a Now TV pass to watch it, £10 I think

Gareth Ainsworth says he's got a couple of things in mind for us. Interesting to see what that is, but it's all about us dealing with anything the opposition throw at us, no matter how surprising and then adapting to impose our game on them

9 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Gareth Ainsworth says he's got a couple of things in mind for us. Interesting to see what that is, but it's all about us dealing with anything the opposition throw at us, no matter how surprising and then adapting to impose our game on them

If it's about being strong, overly pshyical, dirty and kicking us at every chance then todays gonna be a tough one

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

Lovely free kick by Vrancic and an excellent save. Isnt Stockdale an ex Binner?

I can’t think of anyone in recent years who’s played for us who can touch Mario at a free kick. He’s superb.

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

I can’t think of anyone in recent years who’s played for us who can touch Mario at a free kick. He’s superb.

Yeah, it looked like Emi might take it for a minute which would have been absurd- that was prime Super Mario territory. 

Classic Norwich v Cloggers game. All 22 players in the Wycombe half, space out wide because we aren't a huge danger from crosses, me already wondering if this is a game for Hugill. 

Just keep moving the ball. This is a classic case of possession softening teams up.

• Like 1