Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Bournemouth v Watford

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

You forget how small Dean Court is until you see it, bigger national league stadiums. Would a draw not be a good result?

Nah, Bournemouth win 100%. Watford are on fire at the moment.

Bournemouth stopping Watford taking all 3 is what we want. Put it this way, if we mess up bad enough for Bournemouth to be a threat to our league position then we'll be 4th anyway.

• Like 1

Looking like  pretty typical low quality game between two poor Pl teams as opposed to a top of the table Championship clash. Kick and rush rubbish by two teams of athletes. No control or invention from either team, just vertical passes, aimless crosses and running at players to draw fouls. Awful stuff. 

Watford much the better side and playing with confidence. Sarr looks a handful in the 4-3-3

10 minutes ago, Big O said:

Watford much the better side and playing with confidence. Sarr looks a handful in the 4-3-3

He's a good player isn't he? Shame he's such a complete nut job. 

Both these teams look a step below us but Watford are the better of the two at the moment 

40 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Nah, Bournemouth win 100%. Watford are on fire at the moment.

I’m not sure Watford are ‘on fire’, they had hugely lucky wins vs Derby and PNE, but then again wins are wins.

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I’m not sure Watford are ‘on fire’, they had hugely lucky wins vs Derby and PNE, but then again wins are wins.

Four wins on the bounce... must admit I haven't watched any of the games, just seen the results.

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

0-0 halftime.

Would be happy with that at the end.

Yup, draw is fine; hopefully a slightly resurgent Bristol will be a harder prospect for Swansea than the utter rubbish they served up Watford a couple of weeks back.

22 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

He's a good player isn't he? Shame he's such a complete nut job. 

Both these teams look a step below us but Watford are the better of the two at the moment 

Yep, but then wasn’t he £40m?

I always think will Hughes would fit in at Norwich well, touch of class about his play 

4 minutes ago, Big O said:

Yep, but then wasn’t he £40m?

I always think will Hughes would fit in at Norwich well, touch of class about his play 

Transfer sites suggest around £30m but even that puts him well out of our reach. 

8 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Transfer sites suggest around £30m but even that puts him well out of our reach. 

I wouldn’t pay £30m for him but I did note he is out of contract in 2022

1-0 to the '**** aka the CherriesÂ đŸ˜„

Edited by C.I.D

35 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Both sides physicality will be a problem for us . Watford in particular look big . Ref being lenient . 

We will always struggle against teams of physical athletes. For all our technical nous, if we go up I really hope this is addressed.If not I fear we will suffer the same fate next season.

6 minutes ago, Van wink said:

What an advert for football Lerma is

If Buendia had done that to Lerma (raised an arm to the face area) he'd have been off. Don Goodman has spent 5 minutes going on about Lerma's behaviour before someone must have put a word in his ear and mentioned the raised arm. DG then says it shouldn't be a red card for him and goes back to Lerma. 

Neither team impressing. Bournemouth understandably because of recent form, but Watford are not on fire, nor massively improved.

They have won a few games, but haven't played anyone of note and ,as has been said even had to rely on luck in a couple of games. Imagine we are watching Norwich in those white shirts and how they are playing against Bournemouth and would we think we are playing well? Not for me. The counter argument is all based around results and Watford are on a very good run, but it has to be taken into context and also about their forthcoming fixtures

Watford , I guess, may not be measuring themselves against us necessarily, but the other teams in the Top 6. They are not putting away the best team (and out of form) they have played for 2 months here. The Watford fan on the other thread said he was expecting to lose this game today, but then look for 10 wins out of their remaining 13 games. 3 of those games are away at teams higher than Bournemouth (as of this morning) 

Bournemouth are showing a real lack of game-management. They're leaving two up in the hope of snatching a second goal on the counter and leaving some gaping holes in the midfield. There could easily be another goal in this.