Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Wycombe predictions

2 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

This one’s got potential banana skin written all over it...

Exactly. Nailed on for an upset... so knowing our luck we’ll end up winning 2-0 😡

• Haha 2

Hard-fought war of attrition, finishing in one of those 3-1s that looks a bit more comfortable than it was.

27 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Just a question of how many but no idea what sort of state their pitch is in 

It's not perfect but itl ooked better than many others in their last match

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pete said:

3 dry days will improve it.

Dry January was enough for me, got me liver fighting fit again.

I predict a 3-1 City win, and that at some point the ifollow thread will be bumped.

A hard result to call. I ask myself the following questions... Are they going to attack us in numbers? Do they play expansive football? Are they going to sit all men behind the ball? 

No, no, yes – and it’s these games we struggle most with as a team. So, I’ll be happy with a 1-0, as it’s not going to be as easy as some would hope.

I have a lot of uncertainty about this game. Cantwell out with Onel a doubt, I guess it will be Placheta starting on the left. Wycombe did very well against us earlier in the season, and I think that just like last time they will be very defensive. Really we should win this game, but I won’t be surprised if Wycombe manage to get something out of it. Despite my doubts, I will still go for a 1-0 victory 

4 hours ago, Robornio said:

A hard result to call. I ask myself the following questions... Are they going to attack us in numbers? Do they play expansive football? Are they going to sit all men behind the ball? 

No, no, yes – and it’s these games we struggle most with as a team. So, I’ll be happy with a 1-0, as it’s not going to be as easy as some would hope.

They’re bottom and not that good. Norwich are 4/11 to win, although Wycombe aren’t going to lie down and have their bellies tickled we should win. 

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

They’re bottom and not that good. Norwich are 4/11 to win, although Wycombe aren’t going to lie down and have their bellies tickled we should win. 

Yeah of course, but Brentford shouldn't have lost 3 games in a row. They did.

I know we have enough to get a win but I suspect as per usual at this point when they're fighting for their lives it will throw up unexpected results. Lets hope we can get a couple early goals and throw their game plan straight out the window.

6 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Just a question of how many but no idea what sort of state their pitch is in 

Live in Wycombe and been out walking most of today in the Chilterns. Compared to a couple of weeks back the ground is much firmer, so hopefully the pitch should be in a decent shape. 

Just such a shame I can't get to my local game! 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yeah of course, but Brentford shouldn't have lost 3 games in a row. They did.

I know we have enough to get a win but I suspect as per usual at this point when they're fighting for their lives it will throw up unexpected results. Lets hope we can get a couple early goals and throw their game plan straight out the window.

Have faith! 4 straight wins and Wycombe have only won 3 at home all season. Norwich are a street wise team at this level and will win tomorrow. 

Can see why people are apprehensive about this one, but I think we’ll win this one 2-0. I honestly think this will be a tougher game than the Brentford match. I’m convinced Brentford’s defence really isn’t all that at all, I mean how often do they keep a clean sheet? If Todd’s back, then I’m sure they will quickly realise playing against the best 3 attackers in the league will be a different kettle of fish entirely. I will make a semi educated guess that we’ll actually score more against Brentford than we will the Chairboys : )

Norwich will win cosily today but I’d be very happy with a point against Brentford. Gap would remain and less games to play to see the job off. Brentford will cause far more problems than the Chairboys. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Norwich will win cosily today but I’d be very happy with a point against Brentford. Gap would remain and less games to play to see the job off. Brentford will cause far more problems than the Chairboys. 

That remains to be seen, Midland : ). The facts are that Brentford’s defence aren’t as strong as ours, and whilst some are focused on Ivan Toney, who of course is undoubtedly a good striker at this level, it’s more likely we’ll shut them out than they will us.

9 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

That remains to be seen, Midland : ). The facts are that Brentford’s defence aren’t as strong as ours, and whilst some are focused on Ivan Toney, who of course is undoubtedly a good striker at this level, it’s more likely we’ll shut them out than they will us.

4/11 today today and 23/20 to beat the Bees. Let’s hope we’re both right and another 6 points are bagged. 

2-0 to the Yellows! McLean & Pukki to rattle the onion bag. But not one of those comfortable, professional 2-0 results. A few hairy moments, some unconvincing passages of play, but the job gets done. 3 points & no injuries please. Emi to not get a red too as he will surely be targeted for some special attention today! 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, paddycanary said:

2-0 to the Yellows! McLean & Pukki to rattle the onion bag. But not one of those comfortable, professional 2-0 results. A few hairy moments, some unconvincing passages of play, but the job gets done. 3 points & no injuries please. Emi to not get a red too as he will surely be targeted for some special attention today! 

Paddy, your crystal ball absolutely spanks my own 2-0 quasi-prediction, A+ for sheer detail and confidence of soothsaying  😃

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, paddycanary said:

Well played Paddy! Respect 

• Thanks 1