Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Team for Wycombe

Tough to say whether Gibson will replace Zimmermann, but it will be interesting to see who replaces Cantwell...for me it could be Idah. 

Krul

Aarons    Hanley  Gibson  Giannoulis

Skipp McLean

Buendia Vrancic Idah

Pukki

2 hours ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

I hope that the way games have been going today, will eliminate all the chat about resting players for tomorrow, to concentrate on Wednesday's game?

Going b***s out to get 3 points at Wycombe is the only thing we ought to be worrying about, with our strongest possible team

Totally agree. 2 massive games coming, nobody gets a rest.

6 points would be magnificent, 4 points would do the job

Onel would be a loss in addition to Cantwell. Dowell simply has to step up.

We definitely shouldn't be underestimating Wycombe, and to be fair I'm sure Daniel Farke won't be. Yes, we should be winning this game but we all know how crazy this league is, and it was only a few days ago they beat 5th placed Reading. They also ran us close earlier in the season. They're far from the whipping boys of the division and we'll have to work hard to beat them I don't doubt that.

Big opportunity for someone to impress with Cantwell out. If he was fit then it'd be a no-brainer to bring Onel in, but with him probably not fit enough either then it's a tricky call. The most like for like change for Todd is probably Dowell, but I don't know why I'm just not convinced by him coming in on the left-hand side, so I'd probably lean towards Idah or Placheta. I'll go with:

Krul
Aarons Hanley Gibson Dimi
Skipp McLean
Buendia Vrancic Idah
Pukki

Subs: Barden, Zimbo, Xavi, Tettey, Sorenson, Rupp, Dowell, Placheta, Hugill 

Obviously that's assuming Gibson is fit enough to start. If he's not quite 100% then I wouldn't risk him with Brentford on the horizon, but fingers crossed he will be. If Hernandez is fit enough then it'd be good to have him on the bench. 

I will say this again. Everyone is putting vrancic in. If he ain't strong enough against Brum he certainly won't be against a more physical Wycombe. He hasn't got Todd's energy or skill. Slow and can't tackle. Rupp alongside Skipp. Put Kenny in no 10 and Dowell on left

Krul

Aaron's Hanley Gibson giannoulis

Skipp Rupp

Buendia McLean Dowell

Pukki

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, canarycop said:

I will say this again. Everyone is putting vrancic in. If he ain't strong enough against Brum he certainly won't be against a more physical Wycombe. He hasn't got Todd's energy or skill. Slow and can't tackle. Rupp alongside Skipp. Put Kenny in no 10 and Dowell on left

Krul

Skipp Rupp

Buendia McLean Dowell

Pukki

I don’t disagree with dropping Mario (though I do think the job he does for the team is underappreciated, he links the attack and defence nicely and is smart off the ball, allowing Cantwell, Pukki and Emi to get into positions where they properly can influence the play), but I don’t really see how he doesn’t justify his place in the number 10 spot but McLean does? Kenny has hardly played there and when he has, like Swansea away this season and a few games last season, he hasn’t really done anything of note and doesn’t seem to improve us as a team. With him playing so well and forming a great partnership with Skipp I don’t really see the logic in moving up the pitch.

Fact is, we’ve been a much better team this season with Vrancic in it, and have won the last 4 games with him starting. He may not be the most impactful number 10 in terms of goals and assists but it’s no coincidence Farke has stuck with all this time. Maybe if Hernandez or Stiepermann hadn’t got injured, or if Dowell/Placheta had shown more when they’ve been given their chance it would be different, but at this moment I think Mario is the best option we have in that role.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see Giannoulis further forward and Sorensen slotted in to LB.

That's a good call. Interesting but I think Onel will start for Cantwell if available.

12 hours ago, canarycop said:

Krul

Skipp Rupp

Buendia McLean Dowell

Pukki

I get your point but we all know Farke: he doesn't like to change his team and Vrancic hasn't done anything hugely wrong. 

DF already has to make at least one change (for Cantwell and possibly Gibson in for Zimbo), so he'll be reluctant to make another.

With that in mind, I think Gibson will play if he's fit and it's a choice between Placheta, Dowell and Idah to replace Todd.

Placheta is the obvious choice to play on the left, however Dowell would be more of a like-for-like replacement. Idah really needs game time at this stage of his career, so I am actually rooting for him!

On 26/02/2021 at 19:58, NWC said:

I would rest Skipp, Pukki and Beundia for this match.

Time to rid the Beundia hoodoo with a few goals and a secure win.

Krul

Aarons Hanley Zimbo Gianoulis

Kenny Sorrenson  Rupp

Dowell                            Plachetta             

Hugil

That team is easily good enough to beat Wycombe. Would really like to see Sorrenson start at the heart of the midfield as that is his preferred position. 

I'm sure everyone at ncfc would rather get the job done sooner and give key members of the squad a longer rest period at the end of the season than a Sunday game against Wycombe when we have Brentford mid week. Momentum is key at this moment in time.

On 26/02/2021 at 15:58, cambridgeshire canary said:

Injury permitting of course. What are we thinking? Good time for some rotation? Rest some players?

team.png

Im sure Soto was expected to play on Friday for u23s but didn't and wasn't on the bench, maybe he's with the squad today. be decent if he is. Good young talent. 

On 26/02/2021 at 22:34, Nuff Said said:

Onel will start. 

18 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I'll hold you to it 😉

Annnnnd you win. Now, what's your bank details so I can wire you the money? 😉

• Like 1