Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Team for Wycombe

Placheta i doubt will be involved and Sorensen could get a start maybe.

Edited by TIL 1010

Would like to see Dowell start as Cantwell is injured, and Gibson if fit replacing Zimbo. Otherwise unchanged.

Vrancic and McClean will play instead of Dowell and Rupp.  Placheta will get the nod if Onel unfit.

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Placheta i doubt will be involved and Sorensen could get a start maybe.

it would be good to see Sorensen get a start

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Injury permitting of course. What are we thinking? Good time for some rotation? Rest some players?

team.png

I like the team, I suspect it will be right, except I would be surprised if Farke dropped Vranic for Dowell.  Would love to see Sorensen, but that is not the Farke way.

5 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

I like the team, I suspect it will be right, except I would be surprised if Farke dropped Vranic for Dowell.  Would love to see Sorensen, but that is not the Farke way.

Krul
Aarons Hanley Zimmermann Giannoulis
Skipp McLean
Buendia Vrancic Messi
Pukki

See what I did there?

• Like 1

I would suspect that Gibson will be in the squad on Sunday as Omobamidele played today for the U23s. Marco played as well, so he is on his way back.

Am I missing something about McLean? Surely he’s nailed on to start? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Clint said:

Scapegoat. Sometimes feels that there’s a bunch of supporters who will have him out of the side for just about anyone.

• Like 3

Away at Wycombe... I feel like we need the directness of PP as opposed to another technical player. Shame Onel is a doubt as it would have been ideal for him to come in and just rewards for a strong sub appearance last time out.

I'd be tempted by getting Dowell in there over Vrancic from the start as well or possibly even putting Hugill in for a 2 man attack.

In an ideal world, we take the game to them, overwhelm them with high tempo and press, grab a couple of early goals and then we can ease off a bit in the final 20 or so mins ready for the Brentford game.

Clearly it is unlikely to transpire like that exactly but I think we are best going for it rather than being patient, I can see Wycombe trying to do us on set pieces and trying to slow the game down. Some PP inspired chaos should be too much for them to cope with.

I would rest Skipp, Pukki and Beundia for this match.

Time to rid the Beundia hoodoo with a few goals and a secure win.

Krul

Aarons Hanley Zimbo Gianoulis

Kenny Sorrenson  Rupp

Dowell                            Plachetta             

Hugil

That team is easily good enough to beat Wycombe. Would really like to see Sorrenson start at the heart of the midfield as that is his preferred position. 

That’s the sort of team and statement that usually backfires NWC! I’d rather play our best team as it gives us the best chance of picking up the points. Worry about Brentford, once we’ve done that.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Clint said:

That’s the sort of team and statement that usually backfires NWC! I’d rather play our best team as it gives us the best chance of picking up the points. Worry about Brentford, once we’ve done that.

Possibly, but DF obviosly thinks these players are good enough or he wouldn't have signed them. If we can't beat the basement club with what is still a very strong team for this division then we will have a much bigger problem moving forward if/when promoted. 

Hugill, Rupp and Sorrenson were on excellent form before injuries/lost place - I'm sure they have played with similar scenarios in training. 

Easy for me....

Krull,

Aarons, Hanley, Zimmermann, Giannoulis 

Skipp, McClean 

Buendia, Vrancic, Dowell

Pukki

Though I’d be happy to see Sorensen get a start.

There are other options on the left if Onel isn't fit. Idah has played there a few times including earlier this season and Mumba didn't play for the U23s today having done so last week. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

There are other options on the left if Onel isn't fit. Idah has played there a few times including earlier this season and Mumba didn't play for the U23s today having done so last week. 

Mumba would be a great shout, played there as sub and looked superb.

7 minutes ago, Indy said:

Easy for me....

Krull,

Aarons, Hanley, Zimmermann, Giannoulis 

Skipp, McClean 

Buendia, Vrancic, Dowell

Pukki

Though I’d be happy to see Sorensen get a start.

Vrancic needs dropping. Not enough energy or product at the minute. I'd be tempted to put Rupp alongside Skipp and push McLean into the no 10 with Dowell on left. 

If I was brave enough I'd go Pukki at 10 and Idah or Hugill up top. Leave McLean alongside Skipp

7 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Would be interesting to see how Mumba would do on the wing to be fair

3 minutes ago, canarycop said:

Vrancic needs dropping. Not enough energy or product at the minute. I'd be tempted to put Rupp alongside Skipp and push McLean into the no 10 with Dowell on left. 

If I was brave enough I'd go Pukki at 10 and Idah or Hugill up top. Leave McLean alongside Skipp

Yep true but without Cantwell, Vrancic has that ability to see and make that pass. Idah deserves a chance too. Interesting choices.

3 hours ago, Clint said:

Good point

Vrancic should come off the bench for me. Besides, it worked nicely against Wycombe last time. If I were Farke, and assuming everyone's been about average in training with no late injuries, I'd go with this.

GK: Tim KRUL (Or Teemo Krul if you're a Coventry commentator)
RB: Max AARONS
RCB: Grant HANLEY (C)
LCB: Ben GIBSON
LB: Dimitrios GIANNOULIS (Or "the Greek lad" if you're a Coventry commentator)
DCM: Oliver SKIPP
DCM: Lukas RUPP
LAM: Przemyslav PLACHETA
CAM: Kenny MCLEAN
RAM: Emiliano BUENDIA
CF: Teemu PUKKI (wait, according to Coventry commentators he's in net as well, right? 😉 )

Subs: Nyland (GK), Zimmermann, Tettey, Sorensen, Vrancic, Hugill, Mumba, Hernandez (if fit), Dowell

Has PP really done enough to start? Again Vrancic just isn't doing enough to start, and yet gets the game time that Dowell isn't, so he can get up to speed. This would be ideal time to give Dowell a start, with Stieps the most likely candidate to take over now he's back.

Think I'd prefer Mumba on left instead of PP. And if not Dowell in No.10 today, i'd push Mclean up there and slot Sorenson next to Skipp 

I hope that the way games have been going today, will eliminate all the chat about resting players for tomorrow, to concentrate on Wednesday's game?

Going b***s out to get 3 points at Wycombe is the only thing we ought to be worrying about, with our strongest possible team

• Like 2

Assuming Onel can’t play (and I think that’s a big assumption at this stage) I’d play Idah. Power as well as pace I would say is a better option in a game like this. 

24 minutes ago, Clint said:

Assuming Onel can’t play (and I think that’s a big assumption at this stage) I’d play Idah. Power as well as pace I would say is a better option in a game like this. 

True, him on the wing would be interesting. Him or Mumba.