3 hours ago, ricardo said:

Ive just been reading the one about buildingĀ a new stadium.šŸ¤£

To be fair to them, they could do with downsizing....Ā 

10 hours ago, Mr.Carrow said:

Jason Dozzell's cousin I believe and ran on the CR pitch from the 1p5wich end circa 1990?

May be an image of 1 person and outerwear

3 hours ago, Wilson said:

The delusion is real

677D7234-435B-47FE-B145-8A3DC5EFE162.jpeg

Watch out Barca they are coming for you! Portaloo is destined to become Camp blue.šŸ˜

4 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

Theyā€™re saying on twtd that this is an attempt to drum up more offers so he can sell to the highest bidder. Apparently theyā€™re a good club to buy, partly because theyā€™re cheap (in many ways), in the wrong division (yes, should be lower) and everyone knowsĀ is bored hearing about their history šŸ˜

I agreed on almost all three points FFĀ šŸ˜‡šŸ˜…

• Haha 2

Apparently Evans is going to spend some money promoting their glorious history.Ā 

Yes sir! He knows what to do to keep the natives happy....

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Apparently Evans is going to spend some money promoting their glorious history.Ā 

It's the only promotion they are likely to see any time soon.

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Ah yes the 'glorious history' that happened 50 years ago before well over half of Ipswichs fan base was born..

4 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

Justification of the takeover, from TWTD:

"There is no reason they can't build a financial model that is almost self sustaining - invest in infrastructure (scouting, analytics, recruitment) and then trading players at a profit, look to maximise commercial revenues etc. Getting us going on the pitch again will be crucial though - if they can stick an extra 5-8k on the weekly gate that's a whole load more revenue for a start."

Sounds familiar?

Ā 

Having a cook in charge is uncanny. šŸ‘©šŸ»ā€šŸ³but if they add 5-8k on the gate will the portaloo hold 10,000?

Ā 

On 03/03/2021 at 12:00, TIL 1010 said:

40128_1

Appreciate this was taken a few years ago but is this you Tony Swallow ?

Surely if Tony Swallows thatā€™s his business!

I wonder if they'll change the strip (c.f. Cardiff) - youĀ know a fewĀ stars and stripes.

We know that lot love their stars.

I read the back pages on the East Anglian today and this takeover seems unlikely to me.

On 28/02/2021 at 23:21, PurpleCanary said:

The two are linked.

You stated that as a fact Purple so i take it that you are standing by that ? As for me i remain unconvinced that Lambert's departure and this takeover are linked.

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

You stated that as a fact Purple so i take it that you are standing by that ? As for me i remain unconvinced that Lambert's departure and this takeover are linked.

I am sceptical about the link also.

I feel Lambert's ego has played a major part in this. In his own head, he feels 'wronged' and he has done all he can, to the best of his ability to keep going and save 1p5wich. The bluster that has come out of his mouth these last few days (years?) has been engineered for him to always defend his moralistic decision and defend his 'honour' . He could do no more and it was the club that was totally responsible for the direction it is going in, ergo, itĀ never is/was his fault.

Like I said, in his head that may be the case, but toĀ the free World, no one believes a bloody word of itĀ 

Time to fill at the vets this morning, so I had a look at TWTD. Apparently the consortium rumouredĀ to be taking over 1p5wichĀ have conducted a priority search on the training ground. This effectively locks down the property until withdrawn, preventing any other parties from buying it. There doesnā€™t seem to be any good reason why they would have done this if it wasnā€™t a serious bid, so it does look like Evansā€™ latest message is a smokescreen, for whatever reason, and the takeover is real.

I, for one, am now a frequent visitor to TWTD, what with the time, this site still playing up and all the talk of a takeover.

The latter would interest me even if it were connected to Bog Lane Rovers because it necessarily demands inquest into the position of our own club, nowĀ and in the future.Ā 

Takeovers come and takeovers go with varying degrees of glamour or gloom.

I just could not resist revealingĀ this last exceptionalĀ example of their continually deluded thought processes.

It is in response to the question as to whether or not Marcus Evans really wants to sell the whole ****escape.

Note the highlighted sentences:

Ā 

"Do you think so ? I just donā€™t believe it will happen. You imagine the gravitas of being chairman of a top football club and how that feeds a successful persons ego. In most countries across Europe and globally, if football fans , will know of Ipswich Town for Evans to give this up I think would need an offer way above the clubs value. Evans loves the club and has bucket loads of passion according to Cook and I donā€™t see him going anywhere, anytime soon."

Top football club? Top of the debt league possibly.

I just wonder if Emi Buendia, for one football fan, across Europe and globally, had heard of the famous Ipswich Town Football Club before he came to England. Doubt it!

They seriously and collectively need help. Its ongoing, its consistent and its rather pathetic.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

They seriously and collectively need help. Its ongoing, its consistent and its rather pathetic.

That quote you posted is hilarious. Some of themĀ are deranged.Ā 

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Been any signs that it's real yet? Getting boring

No, though there new manger just ended their winning run. Must be part of the take over strategy..

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Been any signs that it's real yet? Getting boring

Ā 

On 05/03/2021 at 10:26, Nuff Said said:

Time to fill at the vets this morning, so I had a look at TWTD. Apparently the consortium rumouredĀ to be taking over 1p5wichĀ have conducted a priority search on the training ground. This effectively locks down the property until withdrawn, preventing any other parties from buying it. There doesnā€™t seem to be any good reason why they would have done this if it wasnā€™t a serious bid, so it does look like Evansā€™ latest message is a smokescreen, for whatever reason, and the takeover is real.

It's real. Whether Evans accepts it is still to be seen (what with the allure of being chairman of a "top football club" and everything šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚), but it is a matter of public record that the consortium supposed to be bidding for the club exists and is making credible moves to take it over.

It seems that their much heralded 'green shoots of recovery' was in reference to the foliage on the roof of their stands after all.

I quite like Cook from what I've heard about and of him. He desrves better than that car crash of a club.

I couldn't say the same about his choice of headwear though:

Ā 

Sheffield Wednesday manager search latest as Paul Cook throws his hat in  the ring - YorkshireLive

12 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

It seems that their much heralded 'green shoots of recovery' was in reference to the foliage on the roof of their stands after all.

I quite like Cook from what I've heard about and of him. He desrves better than that car crash of a club.

I couldn't say the same about his choice of headwear though:

Ā 

Sheffield Wednesday manager search latest as Paul Cook throws his hat in  the ring - YorkshireLive

ITFC are so skint he brought his old Wigan kit with him? šŸ¤£

• Haha 1

I see Cook is already paying homage the their history...

Ā 

ā€œIt's something that as you drive down as a manager [you think about]. The clichĆ©s are old, aren't they? These stadiums, Portman Road, the old Upton Park, for example, historically they've been such great venues in English football.Ā So for me to manage a game at one of the grounds with such a good tradition will be great."

I expect he's read a couple of books and watched some black and white film...Ā Ā 

Ā 

So are they going to another 50 stars on their shirts or not? Very strange that itā€™s gone so quiet!

18 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Ā 

ā€œIt's something that as you drive down as a manager [you think about]. The clichĆ©s are old, aren't they? These stadiums, Portman Road, the old Upton Park, for example, historically they've been such great venues in English football.Ā So for me to manage a game at one of the grounds with such a good tradition will be great."

I expect he's read a couple of books and watched some black and white film...Ā Ā 

Ā 

Presumably they were silent ones and notĀ 'talkies' then ?Ā šŸ˜Ž

........or maybe some of those classic Pathe News reels..............

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Ā 

Ā 

Christ, "Portman Road" and "tradition" in the same breath? šŸ˜‚ what's he been smoking? Traditionally sh*t, yes.