The farmhands are already planning for Champions League football in a couple of years time 🤣

hopefully too late for them to get promoted this season. Can't believe anyone would want to invest in that ****house club but it is what it is...

Was it too much for them to do a sevco and have to start again alongside Kings Lynn?

12 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

“It has, however, become clear after holding discussions over the last few days that there are significant differences of opinion as to the order of immediate priorities and we agreed it was best for us to part company. I would like to wish both Paul and Stuart the best in the future.”

So that sounds like - budgets are going to be cut, all the existing contracts run down. You will have to play the youth. Strict embargo on any incoming transfers. Oh, by the way we expect promotion and your salary is to be cut 25%, and an additional 25% will be withheld but this will be payable as a bonus if you achieve promotion. 

Edited by Surfer

I love how they think just because they are getting a takeover that they are now obviously heading for the Prem.

New owners doesn't equal success - especially if they don't pump millions into the playing squad. Look at Sunderland, been taken over twice since being in League 1. Still can't get out. And look at..Ipswich! 14 years of Evans and literally nothing to show for it.

Here's to many more years of stagnation where they belong

Seems like this guy may be lead for the US consortium. See ref to "opportunity zones" i.e. central  / local government hand outs.

Mr. Johnson is a Founder and Partner of Fortuitous Partners (www.fortuitouspartners.com), a diversified opportunity fund platform investing in professional sports anchored multi-asset developments in opportunity zones. Mr. Johnson is the Co-Chairman of the Phoenix Rising Football Club (www.phxrisingfc.com), a professional soccer team, based in Phoenix, Arizona. In 2005, Mr. Johnson founded Benevolent Capital (www.benevolentcapital.com), a private equity fund with investments in real estate, manufacturing and consumer brands, including Phoenix Rising FC, Octagon Partners, ArcherDX, TerraCycle, and NYC Office Suites. 

Pheonix.jpg

Due to the inability of clubs above them to string any sequence of wins together i.e the likes if sunderland and charlton, they still have a decent chance of getting a playoff place, and a half competent manager like paul cook may well just do that. They would then have as good a chance as any in that situation

Excellent job all in all agent Lambert...but could have done without signing off with 2 wins ?!

Already lived through an Ipswich takeover, when they were an established Championship side.

A suspiciously well-timed takeover at their lowest point in decades doesn't concern me overly. Look at how long Portsmouth, Sunderland, Charlton et al have been paying their dues.

I am yet to be convinced that Lambert leaving today and this rumoured takeover are linked. It appears that Evans and Lambert had a fallout at their meeting last week and a follow up phone call so why get landed with his compensation and not leave it to the new owners to deal with him when or if this takeover take place ?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I am yet to be convinced that Lambert leaving today and this rumoured takeover are linked. It appears that Evans and Lambert had a fallout at their meeting last week and a follow up phone call so why get landed with his compensation and not leave it to the new owners to deal with him when or if this takeover take place ?

Possibly the potential new owners don't want their first action to be sacking the manager, and the completion of the deal is dependent on his departure?

58 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

The two are linked.

17 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

I was thinking exactly the same, if there's a takeover deal imminent  this month why sack him now after 2 wins, just wonder if the takeover has fell though or Evans is going to stay

Edited by Diane
spello

Im seeing on twitter that Gill will be incharge for their midweek match, with Cook in place by end of the week, as part of the takeover.

36 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

The two are linked.

To add, Lambert has had a sad downward career path since his time with us.

• Like 1

Perhaps Lambert has made himself free for when he inevitably gets offered the Celtic job (just a theory)? 🤭🤣

Apples

20 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

Perhaps Lambert has made himself free for when he inevitably gets offered the Celtic job (just a theory)? 🤭🤣

Apples

I’m guessing you are referring to the little known  fact that PL has played for some massive clubs. Something he doesn’t like to mention.

• Haha 1

GPB, I have no idea what you're on about...from The Daily Record today. 🤭🤣

"The former Parkhead hero had been touted as a potential replacement for Neil Lennon, but ruled that out in no uncertain terms last week. He said: "I played for eight years, but I left the Glasgow scene a long time ago. That's not my life anymore. I don't want to tarnish the good feelings I have with the Celtic fans. We won a hell of a lot, stopping Rangers winning Ten In A Row in 1998. That was an incredible achievement. Maybe I'll go back as a fan, that's all I can say."

Apples

Marcus Evans writing off his debt means that he will now take a massive loss - The club was into him for £80m last time I checked and that sum has probably risen by now.

The deal is that the buyer gets the club for £17m on the proviso that Marcus accepts that the club's stupendously honking great debt of £80m or so owed to him is cancelled.

Pretty harsh news if you are Ipswich's rather generous benefactor but at least he isn't sinking further funds into Lambert's failed footballing project. 

50 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

GPB, I have no idea what you're on about...from The Daily Record today. 🤭🤣

"The former Parkhead hero had been touted as a potential replacement for Neil Lennon, but ruled that out in no uncertain terms last week. He said: "I played for eight years, but I left the Glasgow scene a long time ago. That's not my life anymore. I don't want to tarnish the good feelings I have with the Celtic fans. We won a hell of a lot, stopping Rangers winning Ten In A Row in 1998. That was an incredible achievement. Maybe I'll go back as a fan, that's all I can say."

Apples

So suddenly he does not want to offend the fans of an ex Club ?

He is such a bull sh1tter . He is ruling himself out of a job he was never going to be offered - not even Celtic want a failed Division 3 manager - sacked in 8th place . 

Suddenly he gives a damn about ex fans? But when ITFC were his only option he didn’t give a toss about us 

Scumbert has chased the coin throughout his managerial career . The only successful measure of his time since worming himself out of Carrow Road is his bank balance. 

What an abject failure . Some sort of media job beckons - he is finished in football. 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

The two are linked.

I'm inclined to agree @PurpleCanary.

Lambert has been on borrowed time for months, but Evans has been looking to sell for even longer. The five year contract is largely irrelevant, as they tend to include an agreed compensation package, typically limited to a year, when signed - odd, but true, apparently.

The purchasers would, undoubtedly, want their own man in, or a huge input on the appointment. So Lambert, manipulative as ever, probably decided to throw his toys out of the pram with Evans because the Celtic job has just become vacant and he quite fancies retiring from competitive football with a period in charge up in Scotland...

1 hour ago, GMF said:

ISo Lambert, manipulative as ever, probably decided to throw his toys out of the pram with Evans because the Celtic job has just become vacant and he quite fancies retiring from competitive football with a period in charge up in Scotland...

Smoke and mirrors Gary ?

8 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Smoke and mirrors Gary ?

Probably. This time last week he still had a job, so he could hardly say anything else.

Likewise, Marcus saying that there's no offer of the table (amusing as that would be, if true) is likely to be him playing games with the prospective purchasers.😉

2 hours ago, Bonzo said:

Marcus Evans writing off his debt means that he will now take a massive loss - The club was into him for £80m last time I checked and that sum has probably risen by now.

The deal is that the buyer gets the club for £17m on the proviso that Marcus accepts that the club's stupendously honking great debt of £80m or so owed to him is cancelled.

Pretty harsh news if you are Ipswich's rather generous benefactor but at least he isn't sinking further funds into Lambert's failed footballing project. 

It's not really £80 million though is it? He bought the debt at a much reduced rate, but the £80 million assumes it's £32 million I believe. Then the club have either paid him, or racked up interest at what I think was not a particularly attractive rate, and there have been other creative financial tricks too. It probably is true to say at a price for the club of £17 million, he's not making a profit, but I doubt he's actually down anything like £80 million.

• Like 1