I think its likely it will go through in the end, but I think its highly unlikely that they will be chucking piles of cash at the club, more likely they can see the chance to get a club on the cheap and then put a little bit in with a fairly decent manger and hope to have a championship side on their hands. Im not exactly trembling at the thought of them just yet funnily enough...

5 minutes ago, birchfest said:

I think its likely it will go through in the end, but I think its highly unlikely that they will be chucking piles of cash at the club, more likely they can see the chance to get a club on the cheap and then put a little bit in with a fairly decent manger and hope to have a championship side on their hands. Im not exactly trembling at the thought of them just yet funnily enough...

Isn't that just Evans' plan, but with a smaller budget second time around?

I shall be rooting for the plucky underdog tonight, as they battle to retain their place in the top half of the third tier

C'mon you binners

13 minutes ago, Bill said:

I shall be rooting for the plucky underdog tonight, as they battle to retain their place in the top half of the third tier

C'mon you binners

Watching on Ifollow again Bill? Thats the one with the logo in the corner, as per the earlier screen grab, if you remember? 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Feels like it's been ages, any news yet?

We have been waiting for you to start a new thread about it.

• Haha 9

Perhaps Andrex should take them over, the advertising potential would be tremendous :

"If we can clean this sh*it up, nothing you can produce will be a challenge"

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/39915/town-takeover-stalls

I said on here when Cook was appointed that i was not convinced that it was linked to this takeover and was abruptly told by a poster as a matter of fact that they were linked.

Actually it was more than one poster. But there are signs (as opposed to proof) that the managerial change was not directly linked to the potential takeover, in the sense that the new owners had demanded it, while it still being a factor in Evans' thinking, and I am happy to acknowledge I may have been too definitive about that.

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

Things not going to plan 😁

my heart bleeds

Did cross my mind we could take them over and have a Norwich City II just like Borussia Dortmund II of which Farke clearly had some experience. We'd allow them to keep blue and white socks perhaps 😉

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

It'll be on again once they lose a couple of matches.

That would be about 20 takeovers a season though?

14 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

Did cross my mind we could take them over and have a Norwich City II just like Borussia Dortmund II of which Farke clearly had some experience. We'd allow them to keep blue and white socks perhaps 😉

But only as a homage to the 1903 Norwich kit

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, interwebme said:

But only as a homage to the 1903 Norwich kit

Haha! make them wear the 1903 kit, and change the name of PR to The Nest.

My take on it (FWIW) is that Evans was set to sell a few weeks back - then suddenly they won a few games and got to the verge of the play-offs and Evans put it on the back burner in the hope that they would get up and he could sell them for more as a Championship club than as a League 1 club.

Remember 99.99% of the world didn't even know what he looked like until he suddenly emerged from the shadows when McCarthy got them into the play-offs for a place in the Premier League. 

57 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

My take on it (FWIW) is that Evans was set to sell a few weeks back - then suddenly they won a few games and got to the verge of the play-offs and Evans put it on the back burner in the hope that they would get up and he could sell them for more as a Championship club than as a League 1 club.

Remember 99.99% of the world didn't even know what he looked like until he suddenly emerged from the shadows when McCarthy got them into the play-offs for a place in the Premier League. 

As mentioned the leaked deal was too detailed for it to be completely made up. I agree it’s likely that the position changed after 3 wins ( although bizarre that it was under the old manager) and thats prob why it started to leak out via outlets like Athletic and the local press. 
Still don’t quite understand the Cook scenario. The leaked deal clearly says that Cook was part of the new set up.

Suggests that Mucus bypassed the deal and went to Cook . 

I would suggest Evans was approached on the basis that his companies will have suffered as a result of Covid - no ticket touting

However the deal/money offered did not match what he believed the club was/is worth

The position now would therefore be one of a Dutch auction, whereby the price falls until someone senses a bargain that can be turned into a quick money spinner, as he appeared to have thought back in 2007

It should be remembered that there isn’t really much there to be sold. The club doesn't own the freehold on the ground and given the sorry run down state of the ground that could be seen as a liability, just as the player contracts are - given that I doubt any of the players would fetch much in transfer fees, and Is what is left of the training ground worth much ?

10 minutes ago, Bill said:

I would suggest Evans was approached on the basis that his companies will have suffered as a result of Covid - no ticket touting

However the deal/money offered did not match what he believed the club was/is worth

The position now would therefore be one of a Dutch auction, whereby the price falls until someone senses a bargain that can be turned into a quick money spinner, as he appeared to have thought back in 2007

It should be remembered that there isn’t really much there to be sold. The club doesn't own the freehold on the ground and given the sorry run down state of the ground that could be seen as a liability, just as the player contracts are - given that I doubt any of the players would fetch much in transfer fees, and Is what is left of the training ground worth much ?

I think you're undervaluing history and memories 😂  ☠ 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

The black and white pics of Micky Mills and Ray Crawford in the board room are worth at least a tenner I would say 

sepia toned

1 hour ago, Bill said:

and given the sorry run down state of the ground that could be seen as a liability, 

As it said in that song...

🎶Build it up in yellow and green...

💛💚

2 hours ago, Bill said:

In reality the only thing of any value is League 1 status. What no one knows is what Evans agreed to when he bought it. He agreed to underwrite any losses as part of that deal but did that agreement legally pass to any subsequent buyer? I've no idea but the deal fell through for some reason. You would have thought he would snatch their hands off for £30m on top of saving his annual losses. Or perhaps he wanted extra money based on promotions? 

All very peculiar. 

7 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

In reality the only thing of any value is League 1 status. What no one knows is what Evans agreed to when he bought it. He agreed to underwrite any losses as part of that deal but did that agreement legally pass to any subsequent buyer? I've no idea but the deal fell through for some reason. You would have thought he would snatch their hands off for £30m on top of saving his annual losses. Or perhaps he wanted extra money based on promotions? 

All very peculiar. 

Given nothing was made public then £30m is as good a guess as any

What any buyer would be taking on is current liabilities and assets. As there is little in the way of assets then it is a case of what liabilities are there ?

When Evans originally took over, the dimwitted farmhands squeaked about a £12m hinvestment, which actually was no more than the amount needed to meet ongoing liabilities - debt payment.

If Evans is supposedly losing x million a year then the buyers would have to take than on, and no doubt cover any Covid based losses from this past 12 months before supposedly making any return to repay the loan. That is before they can pay anything ro themselves.

The £90 million or so owed to Evans is no real concern of any buyer, other than the thought that what caused it might cause it to continue to rise, so Evans might want to remove that possibility by selling.

My thought is that whatever Evans is asking if it is over a nominal sum then he will be stuck with the club for a long while.