Upon closer examination of the pictures, the boy Swallow may be correct although Google suggest otherwise.....................

The winners of the Championship receive the EFL Championship trophy, the same trophy as the old First Division champions were handed prior to the Premier League's inception in 1992.

That said, the so called 'Budgies' are well on course to raise said trophy (again) in a couple of months. I would venture to suggest also that it may be some years before a captain of ITFC is able to do the same?

13 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

40128_1

Appreciate this was taken a few years ago but is this you Tony Swallow ?

I stand corrected so is this your son Darnell of Big Brother fame if you can call it that ?

Says it all if this gets used as a current profile photo on Facebook hey Tony ? 😂

Apologies in advance PinkUn posters so look away if easily offended.

May be an image of 4 people and people standing

25 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

40128_1

Appreciate this was taken a few years ago but is this you Tony Swallow ?

The name Tony Swallow probably means nothing to most of this board,but some of us know of him from past matches 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tony Swallow said:

That is the daftest thing I have ever read.  It completely isn't the same league or trophy. 

Didn't say it was the same league. But it's 100% the same trophy, it became so in 1992 when the Premier league was formed and created it's own trophy. 

Pretty much every real football fan in the country knows this 🙄

On 02/03/2021 at 07:40, Surfer said:

So yes it’s fair to assume a major cost cutting exercise is about to happen at ITFC, the other relevant question though is - is Ipswich already a “free port” or about to be declared one by HM Government, which could unlock all sorts of real estate development tax incentive and planning permission “benefits” to “external investors”? 

Well blow me down with a feather.... as part of the Budget today the UK Government announced 8 "Freeports" - one of which is at Flexistowe / Harwich. Freeports can be up to 30 miles across and obviously there isn't anything east of those two ports so what's west? Did the expected new American owners of ITFC get tipped off about this "positive development" by Boris's American "ex girlfriend" ?????? Enquiring minds want to know.

https://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2021-03-03/freeport-status-for-felixstowe-and-harwich-announced-in-chancellors-budget

Edited by Surfer

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

So seems the Ipswich board and Cook have said there is no takeover.

So was there one and they fluffed it or was there never one?

Link CC? 

2 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Link CC? 

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

'Let me put on record that in my 13 years plus as owner of Ipswich Town, I have never looked to sell the Club. That is still the case.'

Straight from the owners mouth

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, yellow 63 said:

The name Tony Swallow probably means nothing to most of this board,but some of us know of him from past matches 

Jason Dozzell's cousin I believe and ran on the CR pitch from the 1p5wich end circa 1990?

The gift that keeps on giving.

It's effing hilarious.

They were talking Premier League football, history repeating itself and the 'Loo site being converted into a sporting centre of space-station proportions. 

Now Evans's latest statement putting a dampener on it all has TWTD metamorphosised into a frenzy of drop-jawed disappointment  with speculating experts, privy to the dealings and contractual legalities of it all, opining with all the expertise of a top rated solicitor upon every single dot and comma of the whole business.

Some accuse Evans of hanging out for a better deal, some say the buyers have offered less at the last minute. With so many interpretaions of it all in between the insight is both overwhelming and staggeringly panic-ridden. 

Even if it does come off, then its a no-no for me. Some American consortium hoping to make profit from investing in ITFC can only spell ultimate danger for the club, imo. At best its a long shot.

Paul Cook could well get them up; perhaps even this season.

However, and with Evans in control, it will likely be 'same as' all over again. The train has crashed, but it's yet to explode.

Edited by BroadstairsR

So Mucus has never looked to sell the Club. He has had offers some credible some not so. He supports foreign ownership. He received an offer 2 weeks ago but not the one in the press . 
Cook appointment is nothing to do with the “takeover”

So the whole detailed offer as reported in the Press was not true , to the point that it mentioned Mucus retaining a specific percentage , who the party was and where the money was coming from. 

Either someone has just been on the biggest wind up of all time , or something has changed dramatically in the last few days coinciding with an upturn in results? 

1 minute ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

So Mucus has never looked to sell the Club. He has had offers some credible some not so. He supports foreign ownership. He received an offer 2 weeks ago but not the one in the press . 
Cook appointment is nothing to do with the “takeover”

So the whole detailed offer as reported in the Press was not true , to the point that it mentioned Mucus retaining a specific percentage , who the party was and where the money was coming from. 

Either someone has just been on the biggest wind up of all time , or something has changed dramatically in the last few days coinciding with an upturn in results? 

TWTD should provide hours of entertainment today.😉

• Haha 2

They’re saying on twtd that this is an attempt to drum up more offers so he can sell to the highest bidder. Apparently they’re a good club to buy, partly because they’re cheap, in the wrong division and everyone knows about their history 😁

11 minutes ago, ricardo said:

TWTD should provide hours of entertainment today.😉

Don't normally look on there much as their tinpot club is of little interest anymore, but thought I'd pop in. That forum is an utter shambles, do they have no idea of one thread per topic??? Its like a forum full of Cambridgeshire Canaries... 😁

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

Don't normally look on there much as their tinpot club is of little interest anymore, but thought I'd pop in. That forum is an utter shambles, do they have no idea of one thread per topic??? Its like a forum full of Cambridgeshire Canaries... 😁

Ive just been reading the one about building a new stadium.🤣

20 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

The gift that keeps on giving.

It's effing hilarious.

They were talking Premier League football, history repeating itself and the 'Loo site being converted into a sporting centre of space-station proportions. 

Now Evans's latest statement putting a dampener on it all has TWTD metamorphosised into a frenzy of drop-jawed disappointment  with speculating experts, privy to the dealings and contractual legalities of it all, opining with all the expertise of a top rated solicitor upon every single dot and comma of the whole business.

Some accuse Evans of hanging out for a better deal, some say the buyers have offered less at the last minute. With so many interpretaions of it all in between the insight is both overwhelming and staggeringly panic-ridden. 

Even if it does come off, then its a no-no for me. Some American consortium hoping to make profit from investing in ITFC can only spell ultimate danger for the club, imo. At best its a long shot.

Paul Cook could well get them up; perhaps even this season.

However, and with Evans in control, it will likely be 'same as' all over again. The train has crashed, but it's yet to explode.

As I said before a deal like this is subject to an NDA. They always are. 
Complete conjecture on my part - but I simply cannot believe that a deal that was reported in such detail by apparently credible sources ,didn’t exist in some part .  The NDA was by definition breached , and these things get breached deliberately as one party decides there is benefit to do so . 
Cooks appointment may have been separate but the liability of sacking Lambert must have played a part to the deal. Who pays and when? New owner or old ? 

Binners win three in a row . How has that changed the outlook? A deal “struck” when they are 12th and sliding - is different to one where they are a few points off the playoffs? 

Who knows and also who cares - but it is fun to pontificate! 

Justification of the takeover, from TWTD:

"There is no reason they can't build a financial model that is almost self sustaining - invest in infrastructure (scouting, analytics, recruitment) and then trading players at a profit, look to maximise commercial revenues etc. Getting us going on the pitch again will be crucial though - if they can stick an extra 5-8k on the weekly gate that's a whole load more revenue for a start."

Sounds familiar?

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

Agreed.

Whilst I have not read all the reponse on TWTDs forum over the proposed takeover I would be extreemly worried if I were an ippo supporter.

There is every chance of a new consortium sucessfully making a profit if buying the club, and therein is the problem.

Take out the privately owned training ground and what have you left? An abundance of poor standard players, a failing acadamy, a leased plot of land to play on, a club in Division 3 and some stands that need a long and overdue, financial overhaul.

What part of this spells sucess for the actual playing side, the team itself? The training ground is the nugget, owning that will return profit (short term) and that's it. Once aquired and resold/developed that club will be passed on again. If anyone thinks a new group as described, will be looking long term to get that club into the PL they are in for a shock I feel.

The past two decades of decline will raise the desire for it down there no doubt, but surely those with a more objective view will see the warning signs.

Two senarios only for now: 1; bimble along dissapointing most of their dwindling support with ME, possibly temporarily get back to the Champs. 2; be passed on to the assest strippers and see a permanent rot.

Why do Ipswich keep employing Pauls.

That’s Cook, Lambert and Hurst the last three.

In fact with Paul Jewell that’s 4 from the last five.

Perhaps Marcus Evans pays so little attention it helps him remember the managers name.

Edited by Wilson

1 hour ago, Wilson said:

The delusion is real

677D7234-435B-47FE-B145-8A3DC5EFE162.jpeg

I misread his name there for a moment and thought how appropriate.

I noticed Evans statement about "never looked to sell" is not quite the same as "not selling". As others have said all the detail that was reported in the press didn't come out of thin air so it's a little silly for him to deny everything now. Presumably it's fallen through and one or both parties have been leaking to try and pressure the other.

23 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Because of their Ap-Paul-ling football. I'll get my coat!

I take Evans' announcement with a huge pinch of salt.

My first proper job 20 years ago was working for a high street retailer when a report came out in The Sun that our parent group was looking to sell. Our CEO swore blind it wasn't true, and my naive graduate self believed him even though the rest of the office were far more cynical. We got sold several months later 😛

1 hour ago, Wilson said:

That’s Cook, Lambert and Hurst the last three.

In fact with Paul Jewell that’s 4 from the last five.

Perhaps Marcus Evans pays so little attention it helps him remember the managers name.

Evans hitchhiked the road to Damascus in his youth. He was converted into a businessman.

Later he had an all-inclusive holiday in Bugibba and went surfing in St.Paul's Bay.

Either that or his prostate is enlarging and he likes a pee.