22 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

So what denomination of banknote are you considering waving at me this time?

When we eventually play each other again...

Living in the past, as they do, it'll probably be a Ten Shilling Note.

Younger posters ask your Grandad/Great Grandad!

Edited by First Wazzock

1 minute ago, First Wazzock said:

I miss florins.

Great Britain British silver coin 1 one florin 1922, four crowned shield with lions and harp in cross-like pattern, crossed scepters, date below, head of King George V left,

I still love telling my bin supporting friends that we’ve won the same trophy they have one star for twice! It really pees them off. 😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, First Wazzock said:

By the time they play us again ...........probably BitCoin 😁

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Four minutes in and we have a new secret agent ! 😁

Cook, another past Norwich player now on the books as an agent. Excellent work lets see if he continues the great work of agent Lambert 001

2 hours ago, Indy said:

I still love telling my bin supporting friends that we’ve won the same trophy they have one star for twice! It really pees them off. 😂

We’ve won the FA cup twice? I’m celebrating that. 

16 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

We’ve won the FA cup twice? I’m celebrating that. 

Nah that’s one of the other stars! Though we could have two more for the league cup if we wanted to be tin pot like the binners!

2 hours ago, Indy said:

What trophy is that then?

22 minutes ago, Tony Swallow said:

The Championship trophy is the same trophy as the old Division 1 trophy. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tony Swallow said:

The championship trophy used to be the old 1st division trophy used pre Premiership, this was the league winning trophy used back when Ipswich won the league, since 1994 it’s used for the championship, so we’ve picked it up twice......

And Tony, the Scottish club Queen's Park have made more appearances in the FA Cup final than Ipswich. And, Royal Engineers have won the cup more times than Ipswich have. The thing is you don't see fans from either club still rabbiting on about it, or getting a star on their shirts.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ken Hairy said:

The Championship trophy is the same trophy as the old Division 1 trophy. 

That is the daftest thing I have ever read.  It completely isn't the same league or trophy. 

10 minutes ago, Tony Swallow said:

That is the daftest thing I have ever read.  It completely isn't the same league or trophy. 

Really?

I suggest you go take a look.

The trophy is for EFL champions

They made a new one for PL when they broke away.

Edited by nutty nigel
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tony Swallow said:

Nah, the daftest thing is seeing those stars on your shirt. Cringey.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

Nobody said it was the same

They just pointed out it was the same trophy.

It most definitely has never been the same trophy. Only a complete cretin would think that.

1 minute ago, Tony Swallow said:

It most definitely has never been the same trophy. Only a complete cretin would think that.

Do you happen to know King Keano?

BTW the trophy for winning the EFL.

Edited by nutty nigel

6 minutes ago, Tony Swallow said:

Ten seconds on google might be a worthwhile use of your time. It would appear to be the same trophy, so I must be a complete cretin.

Me thinks that Indy must be a speech writer for the Tory Party, because it is the use of facts in this way which makes them sound unselfish, reasonable and competent.

7 hours ago, sgncfc said:

"He's dealing with a lot of stuff at Ipswich"

Surely, stuff of his own making? Rubbish academy with no investment; he took over part of their training ground to secure personal loans; sold their better players year after year to reduce trading losses; consistently employed bad managers and sacked the one decent one he accidentally found. Now he's sold out for £17m having invested almost £100m, leaving the new owners with almost no assets, very few decent players and an annual ongoing loss of between £6 and 7m. 

If that makes him a good owner that could be what's wrong with football in the EFL!

I suppose all it means is that the staff get paid on time and the club still exists. That is, after all, better than some clubs.

Who knows whether these new owners will safeguard ITFC's ongoing future. Paul Cook may get them out of League One this season, although the playoffs will still be a huge lottery with the likes of Sunderland/Pompey/Charlton/Doncaster likely to be involved, but even if they do go up they have about 20 players out of contract and an enormous task to produce a squad capable of surviving at Championship level. The overall standard of the Championship may not have been as high as usual this year but when you see the squads of sides like Derby, Forest etc struggling that tells you how far Ipswich will need to improve their squad. 

Edited by Beefy is a legend

20 minutes ago, Tony Swallow said:

Only a complete cretin would bother to keep trolling another club's forum 🙄

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

Ten seconds on google might be a worthwhile use of your time. It would appear to be the same trophy, so I must be a complete cretin.

Me thinks that Indy must be a speech writer for the Tory Party, because it is the use of facts in this way which makes them sound unselfish, reasonable and competent.

Yes.

It 100% isn't the same trophy. Perhaps you would like ten seconds to back up your daft claim.

1 hour ago, Tony Swallow said:

Yes.

It 100% isn't the same trophy. Perhaps you would like ten seconds to back up your daft claim.

Don't you think it's sad how irrelevant a club you are?

I sometimes shed tears.

giphy.gif

Yes.

👀

PA-6129986.jpg

jasonpix_villa_norwich_504.jpg

• Like 1

Yes.

Quite why anyone is worried about a trophy that you won 60 years ago is beyond me. If I was you I would be concentrating your attention on why 5 dubious Americans are trying to buy your club. Bear in mind that the financial restrictions that Sheepshanks placed on Evans will come to an end and you will be at the whim of 5 people who have never been to Suffolk in their lives. God help you 

1 hour ago, howzer14 said:

👀

PA-6129986.jpg

jasonpix_villa_norwich_504.jpg

Exactly. It isn't the same trophy, it's a remake. The official top club of England trophy was retired in 1992;

It's the trophy for the champions of the EFL. I suppose next you'll tell us that you won the EPL.

Even if you really are Tony Swallow you wouldn't be able to remember it. 

I still think you're King Keano the welcher....