Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Massive queue to Carrow road

Not so bad as that but I can remember being in a queue that went beyond the far end of Carrow road bridge to get tickets for the league cup semi final v Chelsea in the 70s 

50 minutes ago, Yellowhammer said:

Not so bad as that but I can remember being in a queue that went beyond the far end of Carrow road bridge to get tickets for the league cup semi final v Chelsea in the 70s 

You can still identify certain areas near the ground 60 odd years on. What was the attendance that night, pushing 40,000? 

Great stuff, I was on the rail in front of the South Stand level with the penalty area for that game. Brennan's opening goal was right in front of me. Will never forget that night.👍😁

38k all ticket, if I remember correctly it cost either two bob or half a crown, a lot of money for a thirteen year old.😉

• Like 1

I used to live in one of the terraced houses overlooking Trowse Common and the lady next door said the queue for semi final tickets ended outside our houses. Seems a bit far fetched to me but may be true. 

6 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I used to live in one of the terraced houses overlooking Trowse Common and the lady next door said the queue for semi final tickets ended outside our houses. Seems a bit far fetched to me but may be true. 

I got in the queue for semi final tickets outside the Pineapple pub which was the city side of Trowse bridge so it may well have been true.

A lot of new building going on in White Horse Lane, you probably wouldn't  recognise it now.

• Like 1