CDMullins

Brentford's 2nd Goal Last Night

May not have changed anything but;

Dalsgaard put a horror challenge in on a Sheff W player.

Dalsgaard was booked (should have been red) and the Sheff Wed player had to go off for treatment - subsequently he never returned.

During the time Sheff Wed had 10 men, Brentford scored their 2nd.

Beyond me how a team who commit a foul can then have an advantage.

They say its swings and roundabouts but we all know it rarely works like that.

• Like 2

If a player is booked then the player doesn’t have to leave the pitch after treatment. If he was injured (which the fact he didn’t come back on suggests) then it’s strange that Wednesday didn’t immediately replace him with a sub

He actually did try to come back on but the referree stopped him returning.

In which time Brentford scored and Sheff W replaced him.

I’ve never understood the rule about leaving the pitch after treatment. If a team is disadvantaged by a foul by the opposition (TBF a player can be injured in other circumstances), they are further penalised by having that player temporarily removed?? 

Of course, if an opposing player simulates an injury against us as often happens because we don’t play like that 😉 (often as a distraction after a poor tackle), then it is absolutely fair. 😂

• Like 1

Ref got it wrong then, if he’s injured because of a foul that results in a yellow card then he didn’t need to leave the pitch in the first place 

3 minutes ago, Essex_Canary said:

Ref got it wrong then, if he’s injured because of a foul that results in a yellow card then he didn’t need to leave the pitch in the first place 

In fairness,

There is some ambiguity to the rule - Like how long do you allow treatment on the pitch, before needing to restart the game?

2 hours ago, CDMullins said:

May not have changed anything but;

Dalsgaard put a horror challenge in on a Sheff W player.

Dalsgaard was booked (should have been red) and the Sheff Wed player had to go off for treatment - subsequently he never returned.

During the time Sheff Wed had 10 men, Brentford scored their 2nd.

Beyond me how a team who commit a foul can then have an advantage.

They say its swings and roundabouts but we all know it rarely works like that.

This is a Norwich forum, not a bees forum. 

It should have been a red card.

Horrendous challenge with no chance of taking the ball. Perhaps we should tighten up on this 'taking one for the team' nonsense.

10 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

I’ve never understood the rule about leaving the pitch after treatment. If a team is disadvantaged by a foul by the opposition (TBF a player can be injured in other circumstances), they are further penalised by having that player temporarily removed?? 

Of course, if an opposing player simulates an injury against us as often happens because we don’t play like that 😉 (often as a distraction after a poor tackle), then it is absolutely fair. 😂

Neither have I. I always thought it was introduced so players had to leave the pitch for treatment to stop time wasting but they still get treatment on pitch then have the pointless exercise if leaving the pitch to return.

The ref was pretty awful (as per usual). It really surprised me both how dirty Brentford were and how much they got away with.

The Ref for our game v Brentford is Tim Robinson who has done 2 of our games this season (home to) Millwall and Cardiff and he has done 4 Brentford games (all since 1st Dec). Brentford have won all those 4 games. Twist that stat to whatever agenda you wish 🙂