It's Character Forming

Recruitment- Prem vs Champs ?

13 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Our problems last season were clearly defensive not helped by a terrible injury crisis - and for the record I don't blame Hanley for that. We shipped loads of goals in the Championship the season before relying on outscoring the opposition so end result when promoted not really unexpected. 

We already look a million miles better in that department although yes an extra CB needs to be found.

A Skipp/CDM and a No. 10 to compliment Pukki / another striker and assuming we can replace Emi/Aarons (Byram?)/Todd we'll do fine.

I have to be positive !

This really isn't true. Yes, we conceded more goals than we are doing this season, but we still had the 7th best defensive record in the Champs last time around.

And of course, to win any game, you have to outscore the opposition. 

1 minute ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

This really isn't true. Yes, we conceded more goals than we are doing this season, but we still had the 7th best defensive record in the Champs last time around.

While that is correct, I think I'm also right in saying we shipped more goals than any other title winning team?

20 hours ago, Downloads said:

Hanley wouldn't get into any prem starting 11, so why should he ours?

Zimbo would be a car crash waiting to happen in the prem.

Lets aim a bit higher...

2 of Famewo / Bushiri / Omobamidele as backups to a back pair of Gibson plus another

Maybe keep Hanley, i just don't want our kids paths to be blocked

You're slightly contradicting yourself there, saying Hanley and Zimmermann aren't good enough so we should use the u23s instead.

I think you're also being a bit harsh on Hanley and Zimmermann too. The issue last season wasn't that they're not good enough, it was because they were injured.

Our defence last year were good as individual players but hugely inexperienced as a backline. It was essentially Aarons, Godfrey and Lewis + whoever was fit (or Amadou). Our defence this season has been so much more reliable than 18/19 and we are able to control the game much more effectively as a result.

Having said that, there is no way that Webber would go into another PL season with 3 central defenders so I would that the new addition would be an upgrade.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

We were always prone to set pieces and simple errors  - the endless discussion as to zonal marking as I recall?

1 hour ago, Yellow Green Army said:

Harrison Reed, Lucas Joao, Josh Dasilva, Matt Grimes, David Turnbull, Glenn Kamara

Some good names here and mostly young enough to be appealing to Norwich. If we were to go up, we could see this as an opportunity to get rid of players not capable of stepping up, where in reality we need to be brutal and get rid of some players who just dont possess the skills for the premier league. In my eyes, thats a fair few players.