Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Will McCarthy take Cardiff back to the Prem?

That would be absolutely quality, those down the road wouldn't like that. 

What's not to like, as long as we stay top two, obvs. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

And a ‘banked’ 6 points next year. Wins all round!

Happy days..... Winner winner. 

1 minute ago, WD40 said:

And a ‘banked’ 6 points next year. Wins all round!

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

We Are The Same GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I'm happy not to think about the playoffs until it's confirmed we're not in them.

The flipside is going up against 'Agent McCarthy', where the consequences of defeat would be unthinkable.

15 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I'm happy not to think about the playoffs until it's confirmed we're not in them.

The flipside is going up against 'Agent McCarthy', where the consequences of defeat would be unthinkable.

MM will never beat us. 

I think it would be worth seeing Cardiff go up just for the fun to be had on TWTD 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

We go up as champions, Brentford in 2nd, Cardiff win the Play Offs. Perfection.

Beating Swansea in the SFs to get to Wembley would tie off the ultimate insult. 

• Haha 1

I've always liked the straight talkin' Yorkshire-man  MM from when he was a player and I still do. He is a down to earth honest and decent football manager.....Them mockneys 40 miles daarn saarf must be takin' turns kickin' each others backsides.....Under the circumstances Mick did a decent job for our roustabout rivals considering the limitations and what he had to work with.....

He's currently turning The Bluebirds football fortunes around since his appointment and they are currently 6th and in a play off position.....I'm sure they'll climb a few more places as well, and hopefully they'll be taking a few of our rivals scalps as they do ascend..... 

Cardiff will be there or there about at the penultimate and ultimate games of this Championship season....as someone said 'pleased we've played them twice this season'.....That's as long (Lord Forbid) it's not us that have to play 'em in the play offs or the Play Off Final....Blue strip, but a totally different team an' all that......  

• Like 4

There will be at least some fans allowed by the time of the Play-off final if everything goes according to plan. 

20 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

If that happens really, really sucks for both sets of fans that no fans allowed

I hope you do realise they are Welsh so just remember the only good thing to come out of Wales is the M4.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

If that happens really, really sucks for both sets of fans that no fans allowed

there maybe a few by then.....should hold it at the Principality

25 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I hope you do realise they are Welsh so just remember the only good thing to come out of Wales is the M4.

Iwan, Gossy, Jones et al may think differently 😀

• Like 1

Just now, Norfolk Mustard said:

Stuart Webber was born in Aberystwyth!

Looks like our club is immersed in Hwyl 😉

• Like 1

Cardiff have some players who have been around a while and would easily adapt to Mick's style. They have been a bit like us for a few years so I wouldn't bet against them doing it.

Take out Sean Morrison and Kiefer Moore and Cardiff are pretty lightweight. They'll do OK but teams with more ability like Swansea and Bournemouth should be able to take them over two legs. I'd be happy to face them in the play off semi's - less so in the final. But we're not going to be in the playoffs are we.......?

As many have said already, if only just to see the look on the faces of those dinlo's down the road.

If MM went back to Ipswich tomorrow there's a good chance he'd have them back in the Championship by the summer of 2022, and I think they know it as well.

Edited by Paint Me Yellow

I look forward to the day when Mick McCarthy takes a side back to Portman Road as an opposing manager. Half the home side would applaud him and half would abuse him. I would bet my house that he would lift his side to a sizeable win Ir would be such poetic justice.

1 hour ago, Pugin said:

I look forward to the day when Mick McCarthy takes a side back to Portman Road as an opposing manager. Half the home side would applaud him and half would abuse him. I would bet my house that he would lift his side to a sizeable win Ir would be such poetic justice.

As Cardiff score an 89th min winner at Portaloo - MM leaps to his feet and tells the Binner fans to F3ck. Off. 🙏

• Haha 1