Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

This thread is literally just a picture of Oliver Skipp

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

He already is. 20 years old? Surely his birth certificate is wrong.

I mean he’s going to be one of those “he played at Norwich for a while” players

kind of like Harry Kane but for positive reasons 😆

he’s got England international written all over him to me

What a player. I've said on other threads that he doesn't do the flair stuff like Todd or Emi or score the goals of Teemu but he is so very important in our set up. If there is any way of getting him back next season, whichever league we're in, has to be done. Quality quality player 

The worst thing about this season is that, much like when you are having a good time at the pub and suddenly notice you will die one day, I keep realising we are going to have to find a replacement for Skipp.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Plays way beyond his years.

Can't think of a better loan player that we've had.

We owe Spurs that's for sure.

He’s been great but not Huckerby brilliant! 😉

18 minutes ago, 1902 said:

The worst thing about this season is that, much like when you are having a good time at the pub and suddenly notice you will die one day, I keep realising we are going to have to find a replacement for Skipp.

Between the permanent fees for Gibson and Giannoulis, which should be about £7m each, and Skipp's replacement, we're going to have to spend a good £25-30m to stay at the same level.

10 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Between the permanent fees for Gibson and Giannoulis, which should be about £7m each, and Skipp's replacement, we're going to have to spend a good £25-30m to stay at the same level.

Agreed, though on the plus side it will mainly be on transfer fees not wage payments which tend to incur less long term risk unless they are heavily staggered. 

12 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Or play Sorensen.

Sadly I think we will have to do without him next season.Much as I hope Sorenson will step up he isn't in the same class as Skipp.Skipp is all action ,energy and industry.He will be very hard to replace

6 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

Sadly I think we will have to do without him next season.Much as I hope Sorenson will step up he isn't in the same class as Skipp.Skipp is all action ,energy and industry.He will be very hard to replace

I believe Sorenson is an excellent player, very mature and calm on the ball - it would be nice to see him as CDM for a few games (maybe in place of Kenny), and then we can make a comparison. 

13 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Not to mention Aarons, Buendia and Cantwell... I'm fully resigning myself to the idea we could lose all 3. Promoted or not - if Everton / Bayern come in for Aarons, Arsenal for Buendia and Cantwell doesn't sign a new contract its hard to see us holding on to them all.  

Going to be a hell of a job if we do lose those 3 plus Skipp (arguably our 4 most effective players so far this season) to even come close to replacing them - let alone improving the rest of our squad as well?! But way too soon to worry about this just yet..

And if we do have to make some sales , it will certainly be exciting to see what Webber can do when playing around with some decent finances for a change!

22 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

He’s going to be an amazing player

He is an amazing player