Sign in to follow this  
pete

Sorry to bother you but query re Vac Passports

16 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Personally, I don't think there should be any exemptions. However, I know its a civil rights issue. But I would argue, what about our rights? If it went to court, the anti vaxers have no evidence to support their claims. And once again, religion has no evidence to say why it cannot be administered.

Yes, it would make for a good court case as I'd love to see their arguments. They'd probably win because of the civil rights infringements 

The talk is that the NHS app itself could be used as proof of Vaccination, so would require another NHS app download (although i already have it).
Not sure how this would work for those without smartphone, guess they would need to show a physical card or something.
Just looking forward to life getting back to slightly more normal

1 hour ago, NFN FC said:

Jahovahs witnesses? 

Nah, that changed in the 50s didnt it ?

The biggest group of refusers in the UK is the aging Asian community. They have been inhaling steam instead. 

A young Asian was interviewed on Radio 5 and was asked if it was for religious reasons. He replied that they are simply stupid. 

His words, not mine. 

• Haha 1

One of the boroughs of London with a massive Asian population reported I believe only a 43% take up of the vaccine.

So is it OK for them to Carry on Spreading

50 years ago it could have starred Sid James and Kenneth Williams

Should employers be able to offer no jab no job contracts to those who are not medically exempt from vaccination? Many will argue that this is discriminatory. However employers have a duty of care to their employees to offer a safe working environment so the courts might well rule such contracts as valid. If you refuse a vaccine that is your democratic right just as it’s the employer’s right to insist on a safe working environment.

7 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Maybe we should be like Spain who are making it compulsory to have the vaccine with a hefty fine for those that don't or refuse.

Don't agree that vaccines should be compulsory.  There may be a lot of loony-tunes amongst those that don't want it but it's a basic right that the individual should decide.

I wouldn't feel easy if it was compulsory to vote either.

• Like 1