Sign in to follow this  
pete

Sorry to bother you but query re Vac Passports

Not a football subject but important to everyone nonetheless for getting back to Carrow Rd.

Boris reluctant to discuss vaccination passports.  But recently had jab no 1 and was given card with date & vaccine type.  With space to enter details for  jab 2.  Back of card says keep in wallet.  Do they mean until jab 2 and NHS then keep after or will you keep card to show you have been vaccinated.

Presuming card given to all wherever vaccination given.  Please advise if you believe card will be retained if so it can be used if required to be shown for entry into football stadia.

Obviously a question to be answered by the older fans a response would be greatly appreciated. 

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

They're far too easily forged to ever become a card that has any official gravity, surely?

They are going to start giving vac passports to the vulnerable and over 80s first in case they want to book.a holiday😂

14 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

They are going to start giving vac passports to the vulnerable and over 80s first in case they want to book.a holiday😂

I still get IDed in the supermarket despite being in my 30s, doubt I could pass for 80 even with a good fake!

2 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

They're far too easily forged to ever become a card that has any official gravity, surely?

This. They are just a rectangle card with what vax you have had written on. They'd be on ebay within 5 minutes.

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

This. They are just a rectangle card with what vax you have had written on. They'd be on ebay within 5 minutes.

It’s more a reminder of the jab you had and for most the date of your second dose. Importantly it also has data about the batch number on it but certainly not up to the job of being a vaccine passport.

13 hours ago, pete said:

Not a football subject but important to everyone nonetheless for getting back to Carrow Rd.

Boris reluctant to discuss vaccination passports.  But recently had jab no 1 and was given card with date & vaccine type.  With space to enter details for  jab 2.  Back of card says keep in wallet.  Do they mean until jab 2 and NHS then keep after or will you keep card to show you have been vaccinated.

Presuming card given to all wherever vaccination given.  Please advise if you believe card will be retained if so it can be used if required to be shown for entry into football stadia.

Obviously a question to be answered by the older fans a response would be greatly appreciated. 

There is a suggestion in some of the press that the NHS Covid app could be adapted to also become a vaccine passport, maybe pure speculation of course but does make sense to have all your NHS covid data on one app. Of course it may mean that some will have to buy new phones !!!

Just ask Piers Morgan - he knows everything! So if Boris sets up a committee to look into it Morgan will say its both incompetent to discuss it and an invasion of your liberty. Its like ID cards - the technology is there but its prejudiced against people who are breaking the law.

Most importantly this is not the correct thread.

Government have been very keen to avoid a two tier society - those who have been vaccinated and those that haven’t. I doubt there will be a major policy shift to allow those who have received two jabs to start doing things while there are still millions yet to receive a single jab. Also, whether those who have been vaccinated still spread the virus has not been determined yet so I wouldn’t expect the vaccinated to be given any special treatment without that knowledge. 

With the aim to have nearly everyone given at least one shot by June there wouldn’t be a huge amount to gain by creating a two-tier system (which would likely be found unlawful in court anyway). 

12 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

Just ask Piers Morgan - he knows everything! So if Boris sets up a committee to look into it Morgan will say its both incompetent to discuss it and an invasion of your liberty. Its like ID cards - the technology is there but its prejudiced against people who are breaking the law.

Most importantly this is not the correct thread.

I wonder how many of these people who think ID cards / vaccine passports and the like are an invasion of privacy have shop loyalty/ reward cards?

• Like 2

Maybe we should be like Spain who are making it compulsory to have the vaccine with a hefty fine for those that don't or refuse.

• Like 1

Theres a blockchain backed vaccine passport coming.   It wont be a piece of cardboard.

19 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Will the passport be blue?

With stars?    🌟  

46 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Maybe we should be like Spain who are making it compulsory to have the vaccine with a hefty fine for those that don't or refuse.

No. We shouldn't.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

No. We shouldn't.

No we don’t want to offend the minority population who can get COVID and pass it on 

1 hour ago, daly said:

No we don’t want to offend the minority population who can get COVID and pass it on 

It's such a small percentage of people that don't want it that it becomes irrelevant once the rest of the population have had it. 

I'd there was a covid passport scheme it'd probably cost a lot to get a passport. 

12 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

It's such a small percentage of people that don't want it that it becomes irrelevant once the rest of the population have had it. 

I'd there was a covid passport scheme it'd probably cost a lot to get a passport. 

I think there is a difference there. 

Most of the population don't WANT it, but will have it as its the only way forward. 

Its a small percentage of the population that will decline having it for what ever reason. thats their choice, but they have to live with the consequences of that, whatever they may be 

29 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

It's that attitude that has resulted in us seeing increases in measles and polio cases in recent years. You have to vaccinate EVERYONE that can take it, in order to keep those who can't have it and are susceptible to it safe. If you make exceptions for those who don't want to take it the whole thing breaks down.

6 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

It's that attitude that has resulted in us seeing increases in measles and polio cases in recent years. You have to vaccinate EVERYONE that can take it, in order to keep those who can't have it and are susceptible to it safe. If you make exceptions for those who don't want to take it the whole thing breaks down.

I get your point. There's no way it can be forced on everyone so I don't see everyone having it. I do feel sorry for those who clinically can't have the vaccine. 

However, as long as we get the numbers down to a small level, life can return to normal. 

15 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

I get your point. There's no way it can be forced on everyone so I don't see everyone having it. I do feel sorry for those who clinically can't have the vaccine. 

However, as long as we get the numbers down to a small level, life can return to normal. 

You can't send your kids to nursery if they haven't been vaccinated, and you can't put your dog in a boarding kennel if they haven't had their shots. Same should apply across society. If you've refused the jab with no medical exemption, you shouldn't be able to mix with others and put them at risk for your own selfish reasons. I would fully support vaccinations being made a legal requirement in this country.

11 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

You can't send your kids to nursery if they haven't been vaccinated, and you can't put your dog in a boarding kennel if they haven't had their shots. Same should apply across society. If you've refused the jab with no medical exemption, you shouldn't be able to mix with others and put them at risk for your own selfish reasons. I would fully support vaccinations being made a legal requirement in this country.

Well, maybe the antivaxers won't be a problem for much longer. I hear they've got a shorter lifespan 

Would you allow religious exemptions? 

3 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

Well, maybe the antivaxers won't be a problem for much longer. I hear they've got a shorter lifespan 

Out of interest what religion would have a problem with the vaccine ?

1 minute ago, NFN FC said:

Personally, I don't think there should be any exemptions. However, I know its a civil rights issue. But I would argue, what about our rights? If it went to court, the anti vaxers have no evidence to support their claims. And once again, religion has no evidence to say why it cannot be administered.

19 minutes ago, Haus said:

Out of interest what religion would have a problem with the vaccine ?

Jahovahs witnesses?