Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

No commentary

Same here. Maybe it's a good thing. After listening to that clown who commentated  v Coventry better none

There's no away commentary because Goreham can't travel to games and he is watching the stream like everybody else.

Having to listen to away commentary some weeks really makes you appreciate Chris Goreham. I always had an inkling that he was pretty good based off of years of listening and the ease at how you could follow the game without seeing it, but now comparing him to every other local commentator he is a clear cut above. 

He's a very good, knowledgeable, fair and insightful commentator and for me matches aren't as good to watch on ifollow when opposition radio or Phil Daly is on instead

• Like 5

Totally agree. Chris is great, and its really obvious when we endure others.

Tonights was better than last weeks though.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Totally agree. Chris is great, and its really obvious when we endure others.

Tonights was better than last weeks though.

Yes, tonight's was alright other than the proclivity for moaning about our players getting kicked and hit in the face.

If I ever hear the phrase Sky Blues again I think I might go a little bit insane.

I watched the no-commentary version on Ifollow.

Now you mention it, it felt a bit like eating Smiths Salt n Shake.. and not adding the sachet! Seemingly all wrong but actually... nicer?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Having to listen to away commentary some weeks really makes you appreciate Chris Goreham. I always had an inkling that he was pretty good based off of years of listening and the ease at how you could follow the game without seeing it, but now comparing him to every other local commentator he is a clear cut above. 

He's a very good, knowledgeable, fair and insightful commentator and for me matches aren't as good to watch on ifollow when opposition radio or Phil Daly is on instead

I agree but that wasn't always the case, when he was Roy's understudy, I found him difficult to listen to. I think they take time to grow into the role.

Between tonights commentary and the Coventry one, I don't think I have ever heard the word "blue" quite so often. 

10 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

I agree but that wasn't always the case, when he was Roy's understudy, I found him difficult to listen to. I think they take time to grow into the role.

Between tonights commentary and the Coventry one, I don't think I have ever heard the word "blue" quite so often. 

It will take time, which is why I don't begrudge Phil Daly getting games. He's not as good as Chris and he annoys me with how he lets the guests waffle on to much and doesn't stay with the game but Chris Goreham wasn't perfect in the early days either so he'll learn. I agree that the Brum commentators weren't that bad compared to most this year, but I'm yet to listen to one as good as our regular commentator.

If I have to listen on the radio I want someone who can clearly articulate events and create excitement in their voice when things get interesting. I've never met Chris, I've never even called canary Call and I'm not a relative or anything btw but I'm a big fan of his work

Yes he's a good pro who manages to show his love of the club while his detailed description of the the play allows the neutral to enjoy the day and opposition supporters to pick the bones out of it. Comparisons with most commentators around the country, including at national level, make this obvious. I've never met the guy either, but feel I know him - that's the broadcast test.

8 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

It’s been marvellous to be honest

all football should come with a no commentary switch

Spot on. Wouldn't it be lovely not to have to listen to Carragher and Neville! 

I’ve always been surprised that Chris Gorham hasn’t been poached by a national broadcaster . I think he is the best “local” commentator I’ve heard . With BT, Sky , Prime etc there are so many games now yet as far as I know he doesn’t get on any of these? 
I guess he is contracted solely to Radio Norfolk but a lot of these guys seem to work for various broadcasters. 

11 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Where is that ?

If you tap the screen at the bottom there should be some icons appearing in the bottom right hand corner. Tap the cog and it gives the option of home or away commentary. 

Don’t forget that for the moment only the home commentary is used as the away commentators can’t travel to games.

1 hour ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I’ve always been surprised that Chris Gorham hasn’t been poached by a national broadcaster . I think he is the best “local” commentator I’ve heard . With BT, Sky , Prime etc there are so many games now yet as far as I know he doesn’t get on any of these? 
I guess he is contracted solely to Radio Norfolk but a lot of these guys seem to work for various broadcasters. 

Maybe they think he has a face for radio! 😊 

• Haha 1

Yes slightly disappointing that there was no commentary,I certainly don't like watching in silence.Sorry to go off at a tangent but while we are on about TV commentators is there anyone more irritating and annoying than Martin Tyler.I b****y hate it when he is on.

17 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

Yes slightly disappointing that there was no commentary,I certainly don't like watching in silence.Sorry to go off at a tangent but while we are on about TV commentators is there anyone more irritating and annoying than Martin Tyler.I b****y hate it when he is on.

There was  home commentary, which was acceptable