Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Tonight's game on ifollow

8 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Looks like you may be right, been 24 hours with no log on (under “Bill“ account anyways). 

Funny that.... 

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Maybe not. In this case. 

He climbed out on a limb, then sawed the branch off behind himself.

Oh dear, how sad, never mind.

47 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Maybe not. In this case. 

He climbed out on a limb, then sawed the branch off behind himself.

Oh dear, how sad, never mind.

Couldn’t happen to a nicer bloke. If someone thinks they’re always right and refuses to accept that they could be wrong it’s so much sweeter when they’re caught out.

Tilly’s probably right that he’ll lie doggo for a bit then suddenly appear on another thread as if nothing had happened.

Perhaps we should be charitable and show him where the apology button is on his keyboard 😀

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

25 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Perhaps we should be charitable and show him where the apology button is on his keyboard 😀

Guess that depends on whether his keyboard is an official one or an illegal one 😉

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Couldn’t happen to a nicer bloke. If someone thinks they’re always right and refuses to accept that they could be wrong it’s so much sweeter when they’re caught out.

Tilly’s probably right that he’ll lie doggo for a bit then suddenly appear on another thread as if nothing had happened.

Tried that....I gave him so many opportunities  to apologise  for his fabricated accusations. He would not....deflecting  the issue by the old " multiple  account" get out clause. The most mental thing is that until  he turned on me, I kinda supported him as I felt he was getting  a  raw deal on here. Silly silly me, the guy is a snake. End of.

Paranoia is  a deBILLitating illness, I should feel sorry  for him but I'm all cried out.

With Bournemouth dropping out out the top six last night there was his big opportunity to come out with some more bile as for some reason he has developed a hatred to all things to do with them.

As Smithy says in agreement with me he will not be seen for a while and then just pop up on another thread , probably in non football to test the water.

40 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

With Bournemouth dropping out out the top six last night there was his big opportunity to come out with some more bile as for some reason he has developed a hatred to all things to do with them.

As Smithy says in agreement with me he will not be seen for a while and then just pop up on another thread , probably in non football to test the water.

Thats fine Tilly, we will be waiting.......

52 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Oddly logged off at 20.10 on Tuesday .......no balls at all 😀

3 hours ago, Van wink said:

Oddly logged off at 20.10 on Tuesday .......no balls at all 😀

Reminds me of the old song ....Hitler only had one, goerings were v small. Himmler was, of course very similar,But poor Bilious  Goebals had none at all.!!!

👍😇😜

Edited by wcorkcanary

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

On the topic of ifollow, I'm getting a little cheesed off with the jumpy picture like it is missing fraes or something. Not a smooth video experience at all and quite difficult to watch.

This could be down to your device not being able to keep up - it's been fairly smooth for me in general. What device are you watching on?

I only realised that ifollow was a good 3/4 minutes behind the live action while I was watching the Rotherham game via my laptop and I had "Final Score" on the TV and the Beeb went to our game and the ir correspondent at the game said Emi hobbled off for treatment, yet he was running around happily on my laptop screen , four minutes later you can guess what happened  .......

Edited by Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB

35 minutes ago, Ian said:

This could be down to your device not being able to keep up - it's been fairly smooth for me in general. What device are you watching on?

On a laptop.  Don't think its that, it works fine on every other streaming platform like Now TV etc, it's just ifollow.

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

On a laptop.  Don't think its that, it works fine on every other streaming platform like Now TV etc, it's just ifollow.

Do you access those through dedicated apps or through the web browser? Web browser streaming tends to be less well optimised on Desktop a lot of the time.

You may want to try dropping the quality through the "cog" settings on iFollow (try 720p or something) to see if it the situation improves, if so, you might want to try a different browser.

• Like 1

We had a thread about this a while back LDC and people spoke about the different set ups they had at home, there didn't really seem to be any common factor as to why some of us can get a good stream and others cant. Presumably you have tried using different browsers? 

Our quality was 5hite, buffering about 30% of the time.

My son & i were laughing at how poor it was, we almost missed the penalty (un like Pkki 🙂 )

We saw the foul, next thing Pukki was on his run up.

Virgin 200M connection, I7 laptop 16GB ram blah blah.

Next time we watch I'll use a hard wired connection to rule out the wifi, something virgin are no too good at.

Edited by SteveN8458

10 minutes ago, Van wink said:

We had a thread about this a while back LDC and people spoke about the different set ups they had at home, there didn't really seem to be any common factor as to why some of us can get a good stream and others cant. Presumably you have tried using different browsers? 

Yes, Firefox generally gives me the best video. The frustrating thing is that it is not consistent - Ifollow has been ok sometimes, but recently the picture quality has been poor.

Yes, Firefox generally gives me the best video. The frustrating thing is that it is not consistent - Ifollow has been ok sometimes, but recently the picture quality has been poor.

Presumably you have checked your internet connection speed?

49 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I only realised that ifollow was a good 3/4 minutes behind the live action while I was watching the Rotherham game via my laptop and I had "Final Score" on the TV and the Beeb went to our game and the ir correspondent at the game said Emi hobbled off for treatment, yet he was running around happily on my laptop screen , four minutes later you can guess what happened  .......

If you are watching via the web viewer there is a 'progress bar' at the bottom of the screen. which seems to lag behind when it buffers, just slide the circle to the right, to catch up (or rewind if you wish to rewatch a part). 

Never used the app, so cannot comment on that.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Van wink said:

Presumably you have checked your internet connection speed?

Yes, it's all good. I'll try going to 720p next time see if that improves it.

Edited by lake district canary

On 23/02/2021 at 21:26, Mr Tea said:

For once I didn’t dislike the commentary team which is of course the home team.

for starters they welcomed us on board which is a first and even got ourplayers names correct.

Pretty fair commentary all round tbh.

I thought exactly the same

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, city4eva said:

I thought exactly the same

One of the best away commentaries this season I would suggest. As has been said, we are blessed with the Snorfolk commentary, the guys do their research and understand the game.

If it helps anyone, I use ifollow on a Samsung 9 phone connected to my TV with a £15 lead from Amazon. It works perfectly as opposed to my 10 year old laptop which buffers badly. It has the added advantage that I can't irritate you all by adding to the match thread during the game. 

I'm afraid I can't help with the Bill problem

Edited by dylanisabaddog

25 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Any sign of Billy tonight? 

This thread rightfully deserved that bump from you, when you have someone with an ego the size of @Bill this sort of thread is comedy magic.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I'm afraid I can't help with the Bill problem

Can anyone? 

47 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Any sign of Billy tonight? 

Still not logged on - The problem is, if we keep asking, he will assume he's being missed! 

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

Still not logged on - The problem is, if we keep asking, he will assume he's being missed! 

That is a point but of course he assumes he is missed in any event

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

I suppose there is a possibility that he has been looking in using another poster's log in details.

14 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I suppose there is a possibility that he has been looking in using another poster's log in details.

Nay

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

He's watching from some account, with an ego the size of his he won't be able to help himself.

He can't post anything to defend himself under any name as that would expose his other accounts and he's done that before so it's a watching brief for now till enough time has passed by.